main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Favorite Star Wars Collectable?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DarkSavior, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkSavior

DarkSavior Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2006
    f you had to pick ONE and only ONE! star wars collectable that you have currently, what one would be your favorite(not the most expensive) the one that brings you the most joy.

Mine is the custom tunic that I have that was designed with a Sith robe that I have, I LOVE IT!

2. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Either Kotobukiya Darth Maul or the Kotobukiya Dark Anakin.

3. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    This random Episode 1 Obi-Wan statue thing. It was my first real big Star Wars thing (besides a couple action figures) and the circumstances of getting in were kind of cool (for me, at least)

Also, my Unleashed Darth Vader (ESB) just because its a nice representation of a CLASSIC Star Wars scene.

[EDIT] Spelling FTW...

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Tough one. I'd say my vintage Burger King glass set (I'll count all 12 as one collectible since they're a set ;) )

They're not the ones I had as a kid (Those were washed a thousand times and are probably at some garage sale right about now, I bought these from ebay) but I love them and they bring back a lot of memories of my Father & I and our weekly Saturday lunches together (Mostly at Burger King).

5. DarkSavior

Jun 1, 2006
    That is definately a special one. I would say that would be your best choice in that. I think that it is a good choice for you.

6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Thanks. Say, did you mkae your tunic yourself?

7. DarkSavior

Jun 1, 2006
    I picked out the colors and the pattern and I had someone else do it for me. I am not that great at sewing or anything like that.

8. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Hard to tell. Right now I'm very fond of my GG Speeder Bike statue. First GG statue I bought and it really is a marvelous item. But my eleven vintage Royal Guards and eleven vintage Snowtroopers are also among my favourites.

9. -HD-YaebGinn

-HD-YaebGinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 31, 2005
    I have a chewbacca micro machine head from the early 90s (you know how the playsets are heads of characters) signed by peter mayhew.

10. DarkSavior

Jun 1, 2006
    Wow...that is amazing. That is definately a keep it hidden under lock and key.

11. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I'd probably say my Luke Skywalker ANH lightsaber Limited Edition replica.

12. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    If games count (the collectible with the most replay value :p ), I'd take Rebellion for the PC. As for more conventional stuff, I'd go with the 12" Dooku figure from AotC.

13. Bandit-Jedi

Bandit-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2001
    My Rubies Supreme Edition Darth Vader Costume that I have displayed on a mannequin i built.
    [image=http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/1376/mannequinj4hq.jpg]
    For the past 15 years I have wanted a Full size Vader to display. Last year I finally got that wish and I can wear it which makes it all the more of a dream for me.

14. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    My beloved RotJ tankard!...it was the first SW item that I spent silly money on & made me realize how much of a slave to the force I had become..but in a happy way :).
    I also love my vintage 1977 Princess Leia figure..my girlfriend got her for me on ebay because she knew I needed her to complete my most wanted vintage figures list...true love eh? [face_dancing]

15. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    true love indeed, shes a keeper!

16. Oh_Behave_Kenobi

Oh_Behave_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2006
    It's a toss up for me between several items:

My Signature Series Darth Vader lightsaber bought at the original Magic of Myth Tour Store in Washington DC, signed by James Earl Jones, which I later had signed by Dave Prowse.

My original FOUND Graflex lightsaber that I built myself. I tracked down a near mint Graflex at a local camera shop for $20! I asked the owner if he would take $15 and he did!! :)

My copy of Ben Burtt's Galactic Phrasebook, signed to me by Ben.

My original 1977 Christmas present, the original 12" LP record version of the original Star Wars Symphony soundtrack. The front cover AND one of the records themselves is signed by John Williams.

Some can be seen here:
    My Star Wars Collectibles

Too many to choose just one... :^)

17. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    :D Mine has to be my palitoy cardboard deathstar playset (picture below of one for all who does not know what it is)
    [image=http://www.toysrgus.com/images-forei/palitoy.jpg]

18. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    My MR Han Solo ESB Blaster - fantastic item. Looks and feels great.

Also, my SW autograph collection. Over 14 years in the making. Contains everyone from George Lucas to Brian Blessed.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    There's just no earthly way that I can answer this question.

20. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    Darth Vader circa 1977
    :)

Found it in a flee market in Raleigh, NC

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I can ONLY answer this question by categories:

Favorite Vintage Figure:

White cape Princess Leia - my favorite toy as as kid

Favorite Vintage 12" Figure:

My Princess Leia in Box

Favorite Modern SW 3 3/4" Figure:

Ok - I don't have one - my collection of prototypes.

Favorite Modern 12" figure:

My Sideshow Luke Skywalker - he's my first and will always be my favorite :D

Favorite Bargain Find:

Ebay - $25 for my Vintage 12" scale IG-88 - followed closely by my FAO Faamba from Savers for $3.

Favorite non-toy item:

My vintage Sigma C-3PO Tape Dispensor

Favorite Statue:

My Illusive Concepts ESB Yoda

Favorite Poster:

From this Fall's FIDM Exhibit - would've been my ART OF STAR WARS exhibit post from 95 except I lost it in my last move :_|

Favorite Custom item:

My Vintage Customized 12" Princess Leia collaboration doll w/ JediMistress.

Now out of ALL of these items which would I grab in case of a fire? I'd probably have to pass on all of them as I'd have to spend all of my spare minutes digging my cats out from under my bed :(

22. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Just my Stormtrooper armor. I'll sell my car before I part with that.[image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/loki41872/Q1082.jpg]

23. DarkSavior

Jun 1, 2006
    Wow, and I thought i was bad for collecting and then come along you guy and gals! Leia, I think soon enough your going to have to buy your own house just to store all your collectables.

So many good things.

Part with your car? lol now if it was a jango fett costume that had actual rocket pack on the back...hmmm i think you might have a good idea.

24. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    There's just no earthly way that I can answer this question

Same here. Maybe after giving it some thought for a while I can narrow it down. I just have so much cool stuff that I love it's gonna be hard to decide.

25. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Isn't it "Collectible"? :p

Anyways....probably my collection of SW movie posters that I got professionally framed last year. Okay it's not "one" but more like 13 of 'em. Maybe this summer when I get more of my collection displayed how I want it and such I'll take some pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.