main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Macon, GA Your favorite star wars moment/scene?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by litllejedi, Nov 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. litllejedi

litllejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    I thought this might make a good discussion segment, and possibly a revealing one. After having the idea I pondered long and hard about it. What is my favorite moment?

Finally I decided that my favorite moment from the films is in Empire after Yoda raises the x-wing.

Luke: "I don't belive it"
    Yoda: "That is why you fail"

For me that sums it up. You can be a whiney little farm boy marveling at the achievements of others, or you can get your tail in gear. Yoda is the man!

2. sabrann

sabrann Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    For Me I have a couple but, my all time fave is:

Luke: I have to save you
    Vader: You already have

That was just a pivital moment for me, you could actual get the feeling that he had been redeemed and all the bad that he had done doesn't mean anything.

Love is such a wonderful thing ;)

sabrann

3. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    I know it's cliche but my favorite scene is the binary sunset of the original film.

It perfectly captures Luke's longing as well as the feelings of every other person that has ever looked to the horizon for their own destiny.

It reminds me of one of my favorite paintings by Caspar David Friedrich, "Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog"

[image=http://www.goodart.org/cffog.jpg]

4. Force_Me

Force_Me Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2002
    E1: You were right about one thing... Negotiations were short.

E2: Obi-Wan has lost a planet ( something like that)

E4: These aren't the droids were looking for.

E5: If you only knew the POWER of the dark side.

E6: You already have Luke

----------------------------------------

E1: When Blast doors open and Maul is standing there.

E2: Yoda kickin @$$ and The fact JarJar has almost no part in it.

E4: Cantina

E5: Vader vs Luke

E6: Jabbas Palace

5. whipwarrior

whipwarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    The first time I ever saw Star Wars, my favorite character was Obi Wan Kenobi. I regard many of his lines as timeless and classic, but my particular favorites (all from A New Hope) are as follows:

"The Jundland Wastes are not to be traveled lightly."

"Obi Wan Kenobi... Obi Wan. Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time.. a long time."

"Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."

My other most favorite line from A New Hope is the one spoken by that Imperial officer as he admonishes Darth Vader. I never cease to find it hilarious, because that guy has no idea what he's getting into!!!

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes."

LMAO!!!

I also love Yoda's line from Empire:

YODA: ?Soon will I rest. Forever sleep. Earned it I have.?

My favorite line from Return of the Jedi was spoken by none other than Emperor Palpatine himself. Now this is an interesting case because, as a rule, I never like bad guys in movies. But the Emperor is just so cool, the way he speaks. If I had my way, Ian McDiarmid would have won an Academy Award for his performance in that role. His best line ever is this (I love the way he says it with a false tone of sympathy):

?Oh, I?m afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.?

Another line gets bonus points for being the most ridiculous in the film, but still very funny:

"With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant!"

6. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    Two great scenes come immediately to mind: The entire Obi-wan/Qui-gon/Darth Maul duel, and Luke's effortless entrance into Jabba's palace.

7. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Um. . .

Excuse me for a moment. . .

Psst. Dale? The Yoda quote above. . .

. . .it's from Return of the Jedi.

Just thought I'd let you now. ;)

8. whipwarrior

whipwarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Oops! I can just hear Yoda now: "How embarassing... how embarassing."