main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Your Favorite Star Wars toy...???

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rotag21, Jan 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm going to leave this one wide open. Very simple...

1) Your favorite Stars Wars toy.
    - Old or New

2) First Star Wars toy.
    - Do you still have it?
    - What ever happen to it?

3) Best memory playing with your Star Wars Stuff.
    - Now or when you were younger.

Have fun with this one guy's.

I told you you'd start seeing alot more of me on here now...LOL !! :)

2. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Great thread TK! Ok, here goes:

1. Fav toy of all time was the original big AT-AT that I got in 1980. The stuff I would do with it, I played with that thing hours on end, and after I was done I could put all my figures into it for storage. It was the only 'figure size' toy that I ever had, so that made it that more special. :) As for new, I really don't have anything that really stands out in my mind, though getting the Mara Jade figure for Xmas ranks up there :D

2. First SW toy was a R2-D2 figure I was given in 1977. I remember going through the toy section and seeing all these figures and it came down to 4: R2, Death Star Trooper (Then called the Death Squad Trooper), Stormtrooper and Luke. I went with R2 and I had him up until the mid to late 80's when I gave my collection away to the local resource centre for kids that could have Xmas presents. I at the time never played with them and they were collecting dust, so it was for a good cause.

3. See #1. I had so many adventures with the AT-AT and my figures, with SW music playing in the background, well, let's just say that they are priceless. Hmmm... wonder if any of those walkers are on Ebay? Time to take a look.... ;)

3. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    Ya know when I first saw this thread I started thinking about it and I can't think of any new figures that are my favorite's. But you know what I do have that means a lot to me and that's some Star Wars figure's in a case that were given to me by a friend of the family. The guy worked for Waste Management and you wouldn't believe some of the things he found in the garbage. He gave me a really nice CB radio with a emergency weather band that was made by realistic. One time he found a big case of lego's and another time he found some CD's. Why somebody would throw out Star Wars figure's is beyond me. The Darth Vader is slightly damaged because his head is just barely on but why would you throw the figure out.

The person who used to own those figures must be pissed right now. The one Star Wars figure that I really love is the Vintage Return Of The Jedi Luke Skywalker and I used to have him but I lost him. That makes me so :mad:mad that I lost him because I looked in the collecting book I bought from Rik and the figure is going for $100.00 dollars now. I have a bunch of Star Wars stuff up in the attic so maybe he's upstairs but I doubt it. I have some more Star Wars figure's upstairs and I also have the ewok village but it doesn't have all the accessories.

I have Luke's X-wing and the Y-wing but those two are missing some parts. I also have the Millennium Falcon that I got at the Derry flea market some time ago. Unfortunately it doesn't have all the parts to it. The only thing I can remember when I was young was that my cousin and I would always play with my Star Wars figure's. Hey John, which AT-AT did you have because I could look up in that collecting book that I bought from Rik to see what it's worth now.

4. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks for the offer DJ. Not sure if I really want to know how it is now ;) I think it was the one from Empire, though I think that they also released one with ROTJ packaging...

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I don't think that I ever got any of the original toys from the OT. I remember asking for a lightsaber for Christmas and birthdays but I never got one. After seeing the destruction that my son and I cause with them now I can see why.

As for what I have now I would have to go with the only figures that I own (that aren't my sons toys) the Unleashed figures. The detail and emotion that is captured in these figures just blows me away. I can't wait for the new wave to come out (Chewbacca/Luke-Hoth/Clonetrooper).

6. JangoFett3263827

JangoFett3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2003
    Fav. toy: Do video games count? If so, SW Galactic Battle grounds. I just got it a few days ago. I have played for about 20hrs and I have only beaten 3 levels.
    If not, then I would have to say the At-At lego.

1st toy: lego Endor Speeder Bikes and Luke

Best memory w/ fav. toy, putting it together.

7. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003

1) Your favorite Stars Wars toy.
    Millenium Falcon and C3-PO are two faves. The originals, not the new ones.

2) First Star Wars toy.
    My first SW toy ever was almost immediately after the film came out. I was with my Mom & Dad and there was a huge display at the end of the aisle at Rich's Department Store in Gorham, NH. They had all the figs there and one stood out to me the most: C-3PO.
    His golden body all shiny and cool looking. This was when I was 5 years old. I still have it and while a bit "tarnished" or discolored from playing with it in water and all, he's still in fair shape and I still love him. In fact, get this, when they restarted the toys in 1995, the first fig I saw was the 3-PO, R2-D2 and Stormtrooper, all three I bought at once, and thought that the original fig was better than the 1995 one. I have bought almost every 3-Po fig since.

3) Best memory playing with your Star Wars Stuff.
    Playing with my original SW Millenium Falcon is always a joy. But anytime I played with them was a special time in my childhood. Too many memories to share. :-D

8. ig-812

ig-812 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2004
    1.- favorite: at-at.

2.- first: 2 of the 12" figures (don't know which ones since i was only 4 at the time.) given to me by my grandmother.

3.- best memory: well the only figure i have left is a tusken raider i found in the couch cushions when i moved. the rest were given away, or thrown out. kinda sad since i had everything. you name it, i had it. the way i look at it, i enjoyed them to the fullest. how many people can say the crash landed the falcon into the death star playset. or had daily star wars vs. gi joe death matches that usually ended in a beheading.

good times!

9. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    You know Guy's,

I thought I'd have a lot more replies to this one then I've had. We're still missing some answers from people in the group??? You know who you are.... lol

SeeYa!!
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.