main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season One

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Jan 4, 2009.

?

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season One

Poll closed Apr 4, 2009.
  1. 101: Ambush

4.0%
  2. 102: Rising Malevolence

0.7%
  3. 103: Shadow of Malevolence

2.0%
  4. 104: Destroy Malevolence

2.0%
  5. 105: Rookies

14.6%
  6. 106 & 107: Downfall of a Droid & Duel of the Droids

16.6%
  7. 108: Bombad Jedi

10.6%
  8. 109: Cloak of Darkness

27.2%
  9. 110: Lair of General Grievous

13.9%
  10. 111: Dooku Captured

8.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fettclone1

Fettclone1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    I approve of this message.

2. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Cloak.

The Malevolence arc was greater than the sum of its parts, though, so I wish it was getting more love. The Nute arc wasn't... erm... arc-y enough. I like the idea of three-parters that are more closely linked... feature-like, I guess.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    What is it with the Destroy Malevolence fans? You guys aren't actually voting in the poll itself! Please cast your vote and then post afterwards!:-B

4. Andersonian

Andersonian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2009
    Because of the layout, It's really hard to see what you're voting for in that poll.

I voted for Cloak of Darkness but came very close to voting for Bombad Jedi. (Which would explain why it is doing so well).

5. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Bombad Jedi was awesome, that would explain why it's doing so well :p

6. Fettclone1

Aug 4, 2006
    Fail.

Also fail- the layout of that poll.

I voted for the wrong one as well. It's like we're all voting in Florida.

Could you create a new one?

7. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Little known fact: Jar Jar in Bombad Jedi was actually voiced by Pat Buchanan. No wonder it's doing so well.

8. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Don't really understand how people could screw this up, but this is the default poll for the JC boards.

How would you prefer to have it?

9. Andersonian

Jan 5, 2009
    The layout right now is that you click next to the percentage bar, not the name of the episode. It's not really clear though when you have a large number of entries whether the percentage bar is for the episode above it or for the episode below it.

10. Darth_Neznarf

Darth_Neznarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    After much thinking about it... I went with Cloak of Darkness.

I think the main reason is in that episode the "bad guys" seemed like they were smart and calculating and they pulled off a great plan. They usually seem like bumbling fools so that was very refreshing. Plus the story was good, there was an introduction of a great character & the overall dark look and feel of it was great!

My top 5 so far are:
    Cloak of Darkness
    Rookies (very close 2nd. a story without main characters was very cool)
    Destroy Malevolence (I like the whole arc, but that one was the best of em)
    Duel of the Droids
    Ambush

11. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I agree with AhsokaMiro. Even though I don?t think any of the Malevolence episodes is the best episode, together they are definitely the best story so far. I really wish they were put into one slot like the Droid duology. The Nute trilogy is also really god, but Bombad Jedi is so different from the other two episodes that the overall feel of the three parter is just weird.

After having seen it a few more times "Dooku captured" has turned out to be my favourite, but I have enjoyed all the episodes immensely. I didn?t like "Lair of Grievous" the first time I saw it, but now I think it is sharing second place with Cloak of Darkness.

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I could get behind this. [face_thinking]

13. Fettclone1

Aug 4, 2006
    Nevermind then, carry on.

14. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Without Bombad Jedi, is what I think they mean [face_laugh]

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I went with Ambush, though Cloak of Darkness was probably some kind of peak in its own right. Ambush got a sympathy vote due to Yoda massively pwning, the synthesis of TESB and PT Yoda, as well as confirming that Dooku had been Yoda's apprentice beyond any doubt.

16. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The Duel of the Droids series was awesome. Even I shed a small tear in the end of the second episode. The music with the emotinal drama, the devotion of trust, even to a mechanical droid. That was touching and porbably my high point of the series. The rest was not bad, but some of the dialogue and settings really turned me away from the other episodes.

17. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I think the thing that made me love Duel of the Droids was that it was just so unexpectedly awesome. Nobody saw it coming!

Every other episode had some kind of "hook" that had people excited about it. "The Yoda episode". "The Grievous episode". "The Paul Dini episode". "The TROOPS guy's episode". Etc.

Duel of the Droids was just a typical Anakin/Ahsoka/clones adventure. I never expected to love it so much...but it was so well written and directed. It had legit laughs, plus the first lightsaber death(I think), plus Grevious being cool and threatening for the first time. And the finale with the astromech duel was a perfect combination of humor and awesomeness. Great episode.

18. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Really god point, I agree fully.

19. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    This.

I'm betting Bombad Jedi is getting a lot of votes that are supposed to be for Cloak of Darkness.

20. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Don't worry, guys. I like Jar Jar, so you'll never see me cutting down everyone's favorite gungan! ;)

I love all the episodes equally, so I can't really pick. But, if I had to pick, it would be Downfall Of A Droid/Duel Of The Droids. I voted for them. I don't know why I like those episodes the most, but once again, I can't really pick.

21. Andersonian

Jan 5, 2009
    I'll admit I enjoyed Bombad Jedi, I just have trouble imagining anyone considering it their "favorite" episode.

22. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I agree the poll layout is a bit confusing, but it looks like it'd be a lot easier to accidentally vote for Cloak by trying to select Bombad to me.

I voted for Cloak-- on purpose, of course! All female leads, a dynamic story, and interesting characters, with a great mix of both the new and the familiar. It even inspired my most recent SW animation: http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/vfwing/honky%20jays%20toy%20revue/?action=view&current=asajjescapes.gif

I've loved something about every episode so far, tho. They really seem to try to deliver a new experience each time, and it shows.

My top 4:
    Cloak
    Rookies
    Ambush
    Bombad

23. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    awesome, soon - but isn't that Adi Gallia? ;)

24. Ashoka

Ashoka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2008
    I don't get why others cannot give Jar Jar a chance. People like him, that's great!

I admit I voted for it... Kinda. But my vote went to Cloak because of the Layout. I didn't go crazy over it.

There's something called the "Blind Test". People tend not to choose the one most people hate in an open test in order to "not get flamed". When a blind test occurs, the result is often different. This is what's happening. People LIKE Jar Jar!

I'm sure if the same poll is done later on, the results would be similar... In fact Garth, can we re-do the poll? Put the warning of the layout? Then we can see what happens!

JAR JAR Lovers! UNITE! Don't be fearing Bink-Fan, Mesa coming!

25. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    Nope! It's Stass Allie! ;) I couldn't use Luminara, 'cause I don't own one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.