main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season One

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Jan 4, 2009.

?

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season One

Poll closed Apr 4, 2009.
  1. 101: Ambush

4.0%
  2. 102: Rising Malevolence

0.7%
  3. 103: Shadow of Malevolence

2.0%
  4. 104: Destroy Malevolence

2.0%
  5. 105: Rookies

14.6%
  6. 106 & 107: Downfall of a Droid & Duel of the Droids

16.6%
  7. 108: Bombad Jedi

10.6%
  8. 109: Cloak of Darkness

27.2%
  9. 110: Lair of General Grievous

13.9%
  10. 111: Dooku Captured

8.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-teen

Jedi-teen Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2006
    How come most of the good episodes are in the first half the season? Yoda is number 1 for me. It felt more like Star Wars than any other episode. Rookies and Cloak were awesome though. Lair comes in at #4. And what the heck is that Jar Jar episode? Probably at the bottom.

2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I agree. First half of the season is way better than the second half. I recently watched all of them again, and I must say my opinion hasn't changed, although I must admit Jedi Crash / Defenders of Peace were better on second viewing.

3. BandofClones

BandofClones Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2009
    While I haven't seen all the episodes, I'm with you on the "clone" aspect. I just think they're more interesting than the other characters, although I really like seeing the Jedi interaction with them.

4. Sven_Starcrown

Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 10, 2009
    Lair of General Grievous

5. HGilroy

HGilroy The Clone Wars Writer VIP

Aug 15, 2008
    Okay, this is tough, but I really like four episodes about the same the most -- Lair, Ambush and Cloak and Rookies. The thing that I love is depending on the mood I'm in, I like a different one. Want one that's creepy, go for Lair. Want some OT love, I choose Ambush. Rookies shows a new face to Star Wars. Cloak is just solid top to bottom and I love samurai and ninja stuff. And there's Duel of the Droids -- which could easily go in that group. Together, I think the Malevolence trilogy is really cool, so yeah, it's tough...

6. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Lair of Grievous gets my simply because I'm a huge GG fan(shameless, I know) but Cloak of Darkness is most certainly a very close second: seeing Ventress in action like that was cool.

7. JediGeneral55

JediGeneral55 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2009
    I think i'll have to go with the lair of grievous because my two favorite well jedi and sith are in there and they are Kit Fisto and General Grievous

=D= =D=

8. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Torn between Rookies and Cloak. I went with the former because it has way fewer votes.

9. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Destroy Malevolence, although basically a result of a toss of coin between the Malevolence episodes, which I for some reason liked.

10. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Lair of Grievous. Not just cuz my favorite character was the star, but also because the episode was packed with blaster battles, lightsaber duels, and even had huge monster that is suppose to rid the main villain of the heroes. There was also plenty conflict on the hero side with Nadhar losing his Jedi ways to the cruel reality of war. Also, I found R6 to be a badazz Astromech Droid! :D

11. Corvus_Corax

Corvus_Corax Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2009
    Cloak of Darkness gets my vote. The duel between Ventress, Luminara and Ahsoka is just insane. I hope there's a lot more of that in season 2.

12. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    CLOAK OF DARKNESS. All around best written, best voice-acted episode of
    the entire First Season. Excellent character development on all levels,
    for all characters. Good pace; plenty of action.

It's a shame the second half of the First Season lost direction, but believe me,
    writers can provide all the fine material in the world, but it's up to the producers
    to decide what you see on screen.

13. Celeste_Morne

Celeste_Morne Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2008
    Lair of Grievous far and away my favorite. A 22-minute episode managed to out-awesome 90 percent of the prequels. Cool to see a Jedi give in to rage because of the war, cool to see Kit in action and display his wisdom, and a nice bonus to get inside Grievous' psyche a little bit - why he is the way he is, and how is he a flawed character. The first episode where the clones and Jedi actually have a smart plan for doing something too. Just sweet all around. 2nd favorite of the season.

Cloak of Darkness comes in second. Not bad, but Asajj is still a bit too ridiculous-looking. Argyus was a nice villain though, shame he had to buy it.

14. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    I would have to say "Cloak of Darkness". Can't think how many times I've watched that episode ever since I taped it off Channel 10 here in Australia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.