main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season Three

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Dec 20, 2010.

?

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season Three

Poll closed Dec 25, 2010.
  1. Clone Cadets

9.3%
  2. ARC Troopers

28.0%
  3. Supply Lines

9.3%
  4. Sphere of Influence

2.7%
  5. Corruption & The Academy

2.7%
  6. Assassin

1.3%
  7. Evil Plans

2.7%
  8. Hunt for Ziro

34.7%
  9. Heroes on Both Sides

9.3%
  10. Pursuit of Peace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So what was your favorite episode out of the first half of Season 3?

Since the poll system only allows for 10 options, we're combining the two Mandalore episodes, "Corruption" and "The Academy," since they seem to have more in common than the two Kamino ones or the Padme/Senate duology. Vote carefully, as the buttons are not directly alligned with the episode names.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Otherwise known as "The Dark Times".

This has been the easiest episode poll ever. In my view there are only a couple of serious contenders, no real need to give it much thought.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmm. Looks like we're well on our way to rival the Census & Games Forum in terms of polls. Exactly as planned.... MUHAHAHAHAHAAA*ahem*

4. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    A minimum of four by my count. Though I would agree that there are fewer by comparison to the other seasons.

Generally enjoyed the season so far, even at its weakest. Hunt For Ziro almost took it, but ARC Troopers had the most stuff for me. Action, adventure, war, character payoffs (which require previous episodes to build up on it, but still!). Ahhh, I am shallow, after all. XD

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It's almost a tie between "ARC Troopers" and "Supply Lines". I voted for "Supply Lines" because I found it more interesting overall. "ARC Troopers" was mainly eye candy.

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    ARC Troopers for me. It would have been no contest if they had left in the Ventress/Clone kiss. Damn you Cartoon Network! Why would I need to purchase a blu-ray version for deleted scenes???!!!

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Corruption and The Academy have 1 vote.

8. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Hunt for Ziro all the way.

Almost voted for Clone Cadets though.

9. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I went with Hunt for Ziro, but I certainly won't begrudge anyone voting for the Kamino episodes. I just loved the way the Ziro episode managed to be completely zany with one of the few unexpected plot twists we've seen so far.

10. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I voted for Hunt for Ziro. I just loved it. The humor, the musical number, the action/fighting scenes, and in my opinion Sy Snootles redeemed herself and Ziro was likable in this episode.

And yes I loved all the unexpected twists that this episode had too.

11. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Wanna bet nobody is going to answer for that vote?

12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Well, it could be a troll, but I think I remember someone who had liked one of those episodes.

13. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Pleas stop calling people out guys, there has been way too much of that here lately. Every single time we have some kind of vote and somebody votes against the popular opinion, someone demands an explanation for what is "obviously blasphemy". It makes the site feel a bit elitist

Lets face it guys, it was probably Gry who voted for "The Bored on Mandalore Duology" in the first place:D

14. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Tough call cause i've enjoyed season three so far, but in the end i voted for Hunt for Ziro, just because Obi-Wan + Quinlan Vos = awesome!! :D

15. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I KNEW IT!

To be honest though, I'd really like to hear from people who vote outside the popular opinion on these polls. But they rarely speak up. So then it seems that these guys are just voting like that to stir up trouble and see how many people get all riled up about it just for kicks.

16. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    It's been weeks now and I still can't think of anything to say about those episodes. Discussing them would be like having an in-depth conversation about nitrogen. Actually I can think of more things to say about nitrogen. I can't really think of anything analogous to the sheer nothing-ness of those episodes. The vacuum of space, maybe?

Anyway, favorite season 3 episode: Hmm... I liked Supply Lines quite a bit because the Neimoidian stuff was hilarious. But I also liked Hunt for Ziro, and the one in which Ventress taunts Grievous for losing his genitalia. Heroes on Both Sides was also very good. I'll watch them again and report back with my final verdict.

17. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Not at all. I certainly don't have anything against people having an opinion contrary to the majority. The problem is that each and every time, nobody claims ownership of those minority votes, so the most obvious conclusion is that it's just a troll vote. I am sure there are people who don't hate Corruption, but I find it very hard to believe it is anyone's most favouritest of them all, specially if nobody steps up and says so.

Oh, caught in the act! [face_worried]

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    This was surprisingly hard- there is few that definitely are not "the best" but rest are kinda even..... i voted Cadets after long thinking- arc-troopers had both strengths and weaknesses, so does Supply Lines, Sphere on Influence has no votes... it was not that bad.... but it was not the best episode either.... who ever voted Corruption-duology must be joking:p Assassin is not the best in any case but not the worst either... Evil Plans is useless filler but kinda cute- better than Corruption and Academy because it didn't let me bored like those.... Hunt for Ziro is also good but for some reason i just cannot vote it- it's not good enough to be "The best" of this season- it may be that spoiled Ziro's fate makes it feel worse than it was..... it was one of the best though.... Heroes on Both Sides was positive surprise but after so many politics episodes it didn't feel so good that it would be the best- it's one of the best along with Ziro and cloneduology... Pursuit was above bad ones but that's it nothing special and Teckla's poverty was unexplained and kinda odd.....

19. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    ARC Troopers. Easy choice for me, I enjoyed 9 of these episodes, but ARC Troopers is flawless.

20. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    I voted for Hunt for Ziro. I enjoyed the mix of action, humour and character interaction. Arc Troopers comes a close second though. My rankings for this season so far pretty much go:

1) Hunt for Ziro
    2) Arc Troopers - Entertaining, character driven action.
    3) Clone Cadets - Predictable but enjoyable.
    4) Supply Lines - I'm not a huge Jar Jar fan but he wasn't used badly here and Master Di's last stand was well done.
    5) Sphere of Influence - An engaging enough episode. Not brilliant, but certainly watchable. Not being a big follower of the EU Greedo's cameo didn't bother me, though I can see why other viewers might have been irked.
    6) Assassin - AKA Bounty Hunter Tries and Fails to Perform Act of Great Public Service (sorry, couldn't resist). Quite enjoyed seeing Aurra in action again, but that was about it. Didn't mind the force visions storyline per se, but found Yoda's reaction to Ahsoka's visions to be completely at odds with his reaction to Anakin's in RotS.
    7) Hero's on Both Sides - Like the underlying idea, not particularly impressed by the execution.
    8) Pursuit of Peace - Clumsy attempt to insert real world issues of the moment into the storyline. Redeemed only by the scene with Palpatine and Amedda at the end.
    10) Evil Plans - Cad Bane is one of my favourite TCW villains, but I still found this one distinctly underwhelming.
    11) The Academy - Could have retrospectively redeemed it's direct predecessor. Didn't. Still, I can at least see how this one might appeal to children.
    11) Corruption - It's like they took the plot from an episode of Quincy M.E., removed the campy 70s charm and stuck a parade in.

21. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    **Looks around for snipers and assassins**

I ENJOYED THE ACADEMY!!!

It was a fun, realistic episode; the cadets were just like pre-teens (that's because they are pre-teens!), they made mistakes, and ultimately it was Ahsoka's doing that stopped that from being killed. The one thing I do HATE from this episode is the magical cloak reader device......how much would that thing cost?

22. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Went with ARC Troopers, but it could have been Clone Cadets as well. Hunt for Ziro was up there too, but in the end, I went with ARC Troopers.

23. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Nothing wrong with that. But I see that it wasn't your favorite episode of the season so far.

Looks like this will be a very close 2-horse race.

24. HairyWookiee12

HairyWookiee12 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2009
    I have always tried to stay up to date on the Clone Wars show, but the other day I got to see The Hunt for Ziro and I was instantly amazed.

25. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I picked Hunt For Ziro. ARC Troopers was the better episode, but I enjoyed HFZ more. :p kl