Clone Wars Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season Three

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Barriss_Coffee, Dec 20, 2010.

?

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season Three

Poll closed Dec 25, 2010.
Clone Cadets 7 vote(s) 9.3%
ARC Troopers 21 vote(s) 28.0%
Supply Lines 7 vote(s) 9.3%
Sphere of Influence 2 vote(s) 2.7%
Corruption & The Academy 2 vote(s) 2.7%
Assassin 1 vote(s) 1.3%
Evil Plans 2 vote(s) 2.7%
Hunt for Ziro 26 vote(s) 34.7%
Heroes on Both Sides 7 vote(s) 9.3%
Pursuit of Peace 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Togruta Force Ghost

star 4
    I went with 'Hunt for Ziro'. It had a good balance of action, humor, and surprises in the plot that I didn't see coming.
  2. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
  3. Ki-Adi-Mundi_33 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    ARC Troopers, followed closely by Hunt for Ziro. Supply Lines is about 3rd for me, followed by Assassin. But the first two were the only real contenders, at least IMO.
  4. Ki-Adi-Mundi_33 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Second half of the season should be interesting though.

Anyway
    1) ARC Troopers
    2) Hunt for Ziro
    3) Supply Lines
    4) Assassin
    5) Pursuit of Peace
    6) Heroes on Both Sides
    7) Clone Cadets
    8) Spheres of Influence
    9) Evil Plans
    10) The Academy
    11) Corruption

If they had just thrown in an action duology instead of the Mandalore one, this would be top season for me, even without the second half. The Mandalore story just slowed things down too much. All of the other episodes were pretty good; it was just the airing order for me - why put all the political episodes next to each other?
  5. Redfivee Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    There are some gems in S3 so far,I just think they hyped up S3 so much at C5 that they should of warned us first.

1) Assassin
    2) Hunt for Ziro
    3) Clone Cadets
    4) ARC Troopers
    5) Sphere of Influence
    6) Evil Plans
    7) Heroes on Both Sides
    8) Supply Lines
    9) The Academy
    10) Pursuit of Peace
    11) Corruption
  6. Yodaminch Force Ghost

star 5
    Hunt for Ziro. While it was not perfect, it was a great example of an episode that can have good and bad parts and still be enjoyable. It's also the only episode with a twist we didn't all see coming.
  7. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Which is pretty amazing considering the fact that some of us spotted Ziro's dead body in one of the previews. :D
  8. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm afraid you accidentally voted for 'Evil Plans' because 'Assassin' still has no votes, and 'Evil Plans' suddenly has one vote, which it didn't ten minutes ago when I last checked.

Whoops, double post. Sorry! Forgot I just posted something else. [face_peace]
  9. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    My favorite moment so far in Season Three was seeing the Blockade Runners in action at the end of Supply Lines. I thought it was a great tie in to the OT, even better than seeing the origin of the Ion Cannon. I love getting to see the big picture behind the war, battles, politics and everything in between. When it's all said and done we're going to have a wealth of stories that collectively add to the Saga in immeasurable ways.
  10. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
  11. Mond Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I just now went back and watched the handful of episodes from this season that I actually liked, and yeah that was the best one. The Grievous/Ventress interactions were great. Does she outrank him?
  12. Fistofan55 Jedi Knight

star 3
    As do I. It was the only episode with a decent story and no major flaws(Fails) like all the other episodes so far in S3.
    2nd for me is Arc Troopers. I didn't pick it because Anakin and Obi-wan should have been replaced by other Jedi(yes, this would have been a great episode to have Kit Fisto in...). The Arc Troopers died like punks.
    3rd is Sphere of Influence. It was good but the whole "blockade" plot was stupid and made no sense...

I loved the Ima-gun scenes in Supply Lines but everything else about this terribly spoiled episode was what turned me off.
    Dave made sure he ruined that episode. The prequel idea was also stupid and no Mar Tuuk made it lamer. TX-20 was also innaccurate.
    The first half of S3 was a horrible run and it has deluded this show. The second half better be worth it and plentiful.
  13. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    They were the best cadets ever for Shaak Ti.
  14. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    The stupid "Oh...Domino is the best squad ever!!" line and quick ending was the worst, as well as the contradicting clone numbers and nicknames.
  15. koonfan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    In Clone Cadets' defense, they all looked alike. Even with the numbers on their uniforms, it'd be hard to tell them apart. :p

Aaaaaaaaaand I STILL think that if we're worrying about their serial numbers when we're trying to humanise them, we're kinda missing the point. [face_whistling]

I share 07jonesj's general view that the season so far was enjoyable...just not as much as the last two seasons. ;)

It's also interesting that my perception of LACWAC as a whole seems to be directly related to its perception of the show. Hopefully that'll change for the better. XD
  16. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    No-one turned off the TV after the episodes ended saying "But...but...Hevy's number was 26-6958...".
  17. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    I did
  18. DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    The poll would only allow one choice, but I loved both AT, and THFZ both equally well.
  19. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, but you're one in a million, GG.[face_laugh]:-B
  20. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Exactly. GGrievous is the only person who'd get upset at a detail like that.
  21. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I know what you mean, but it makes those moments when an episode like Hunt for Ziro is more or less uniformly loved by the whole community extra special. ;)
  22. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    01 ARC Troopers
    02 Hunt for Ziro
    03 Clone Cadets
    04 Heroes on Both Sides

05 Supply Lines
    06 Assassin

07 Sphere of Influence
    08 Corruption
    09 Pursuit of Peace
    10 The Academy

11 Evil Plans

Notes -

I agree with those who acknowledge the high quality of Clone Cadets, and there are some specific things that I feel this episode does better than any other to debut during the first half of season three. I most certainly do not, however, consider this gem to be the only quality work to have aired over this time. I, for one, found Hunt for Ziro and ARC Troopers each to be thoroughly enjoyable, and for my money, all three of the aforementioned rank among the upper echelon of episodes the series has produced thus far.

Clone Cadets' quality aside, it's the Obi-Wan fan in me that ultimately pushes my 'favourite episode meter' in the "Hunt for ARC Ziros" direction. The unexpected twist of Ziro (I never saw the spoiler), or Troopers' wider-ranging conflict? Flip a coin and then give the nod to ARC Troopers for its inclusion within the superior story arc.

Honourable mention goes to Heroes on Both Sides for offering a glimpse of the confederacy's humanity, and for the well done terrorist suicide-bombing attack scenes. Considered a strong, highly rewatchable episode in my corner of the GFFA.

I found both Supply Lines and Assassin enjoyable, with scenes that act as assets to the unfolding story of the war. I would generally apply the 'good' tag to these episodes.

Sphere of Influence, Corruption, Pursuit of Peace and The Academy each had their moments (some more than others), but they also leave me thinking that an awful lot of resources committed to producing these episodes could have been better spent elsewhere.

Try as it may, I just think Evil Plans comes up short. While a 3PO/R-centric storyline generally ensures a certain level of quality, this time things just fall flat. Even the approach of trying something new (by switching the 'responsible droid' tag from R2 over to 3PO) fails for never feeling believable to me, and worst of all, the episode offers nothing that is required for the advancement of either its story arc, or the series as a whole. As it stands now, there was just no real need for anything this episode gives us, and I'd hate to have to see a future episode required to give this one any ressonance.

All in all, season three has been a bit more up-and-down than I would have hoped, but it has offered up three essentials, another be-sure-not-to-miss and a pair of goodies, with a handful of so-so episodes and only one real, honest-to-goodness clunker in the lot. I still wouldn't miss an episode of the series, and I find myself eagerly awaiting the Nightsisters arc.
  23. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    It's a bad thing. :p Not to mention I wrote the guy's article on Wookieepedia, and that number sort of sticks to your mind. I don't like contradictory things like that, even minor ones.
  24. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    In other words, no-one cares. :p
  25. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    messing up with numbers and designations is classic SW "Good shot red 2" etc. [face_whistling]