main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season Three

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Dec 20, 2010.

?

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season Three

Poll closed Dec 25, 2010.
  1. Clone Cadets

9.3%
  2. ARC Troopers

28.0%
  3. Supply Lines

9.3%
  4. Sphere of Influence

2.7%
  5. Corruption & The Academy

2.7%
  6. Assassin

1.3%
  7. Evil Plans

2.7%
  8. Hunt for Ziro

34.7%
  9. Heroes on Both Sides

9.3%
  10. Pursuit of Peace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    It may matter to the Kaminoans who think of them as numbers and products. It may be crucial to Wookiepedia contributors who see numbers as integral to the clone's identity. But sad to say, to others, it's probably not that big a deal. They're not gonna see a mistaken number, they're gonna think "Hey, he looks and behaves a certain way and he's with that group! He's Hevy!". And they won't be wrong, either. :p

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    By the way who said clones have only one designation number?[face_whistling]

I'm CT-782 born to be CT-26-6958 as 6958th of 26th batch, my service number at this post number 1138 is CT-333-467851-1138 sir! I'm also known as Hevy

3. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Y'know, I've been thinking that they do that with their Clone Commanders and Captains to explain Ponds, giving them a new designation upon promotion. But that works great too. :D

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    "What's your operating number?" line seemed to piss off Han Solo:p - as previous imperial cadet he probably became crazy when imperials had numbers for everything[face_laugh] - and clone army started that tradition so it may be that they have designation numbers, batch numbers, operating numbers, base numbers, legion numbers, comlink numbers..... everything that explains why jedi started using names instead..... interestingly enough numbers of clones don't seem to have any clear standard form anyway8-}

5. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Wow, I never thought of that. Makes sense.

Seriously, anyone who actually cares about Hevy's number change, raise your coffee mug (smilie).

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Hunt for Ziro.

It has Obi-Wan, a twist, was fun...it's Star Wars! Not that a few (very) of the others weren't good, but most - I-) .

7. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    I think Assassin felt most like Star Wars to me in this season. But that's just me.

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Because it followed the same story line as AOTC/ROTS, but with different characters (except Padme) and settings? :oops:

9. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    Well, yes and:

- Alderaan based on ROTS concept art, and existing visuals
    - Yoda's theme
    - Leia's theme

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Only Pursuit of Peace has no votes.

11. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Which goes to show that you can find a fan for everything in Star Wars (like Yarael Poof, Prune Face, Second Guy in left in third shot of Cantina scene or even Jar Jar).

But I believe that the lack of votes on Pursuit of Peace is because if someone is voting a political episode, he/she has so many to choose, and most propably chooses Heroes on Both Sides or Supply Lines over others (based on general reaction).

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    that's because Corruption and Academy are in same bar:p Corruption wouldn't have had any votes if Academy would have been in different bar:p or another way around[face_thinking] who voted those anyway someone who thought he is funny?

13. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    It's all about Hunt for Ziro for me. You've got Obi-Wan returning, Quinlan's TCW debut, Mama the Hutt, Cad Bane, a well done lightsaber battle and an ending with a twist. Plus, no Padme! ;)

It's the one episode of season three so far that I've seen multiple times and it's fun every time I watch it. A rose in a pile of thorns, this episode was. /YodaSpeak

14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    :oops:

15. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    I don't get anything :oops:-worthy about the lightsaber battle.

16. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    I explained this in more depth in the episode discussion thread, but I thought Mama the Hutt was hilarious. She just put a smile on my face. I loved everything about her. I can understand why others would find her a bit much, but opinions make the world go around. :)

And the lightsaber battle was neat, I thought. Other than Cad Bane getting away, it was probably the most fun lightsaber battle the show has had. Jumping from pillar to pillar, Obi-Wan kicking butt, the upper hand shifting between Cad, Obi-Wan and Quinlan every moment, Obi-Wan's signature quip at the end and Quinlan's knowing smirk. Just fun all around.

That's why I loved this episode so much; it was pure fun from start to finish. And that's what I need in my life: more fun. Your mileage may vary. :)

17. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Everything about Hunt For Ziro was brilliant. Mama the Hutt and the other odd things in it would usually make me cringe, but the difference between this and the other instances is that this episode didn't take itself seriously. Jar Jar in a serious situation is usually annoying, but HFZ was made to be ridiculous. And it worked.

18. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    As gross as she was I liked Mama the Hutt too. I didn't think she was the best thing in the Ziro episode, but I did like her voice and some of her quotes.

Yes, the lightsaber battle was fun all around, and I loved Obi-Wan's quip and that smirk Quinlan gave at the end too. I was all pumped up when I first saw the Obi-Wan and Quinlan Vos vs. Cad Bane fight because it was just so energetic. And as for Bane getting away...well I'm glad he wasn't killed, but in the end perhaps it would have been better if he was captured and temporarily thrown in jail instead of being able to escape, just to you know allow the Jedi to be victorious against him for once. ;)

I completely agree. It was simply a fun and entertaining episode that did not take itself too seriously, and that is why it was a joy to watch.

[face_laugh]=D=[face_dancing]

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    :mad: you don't have to add d'oh comments every time you disagree with some statement- write full comments of your own opinions- quoting others with negative smilies is just very irritating

20. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    My order would be:

1. Supple Lines
    2. Sphere of Influence
    3. ARC Troopers
    4. Clone Cadets
    5. The Hunt for Ziro
    6. Assassin
    7. Evil Plans
    8. Heroes on Both Sides
    9. Pursuit of Peace
    10. The Academy
    11. Corruption

21. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Interesting that Hunt for Ziro is still barely holding the lead, even though it has a considerably lower grade average in the poll, even lower than Clone Cadets.

22. KelDorMaster

KelDorMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2005
    Oh my...someone's opinion differs from yours... Time to waste a post by simply using a lone emoticon. :oops:

I voted for Hunt for Ziro, because it was definitely the most fun for me :p The ending alone, with the fight and twist, clinches it for me.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Dudes, stop ganging up on GG. He's our resident Simon Cowell... the critic with expectations of unrivaled proportion.

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    so he has ultimate power to criticize others but no one can criticize him..... yeah very fair you are mods[face_tired] ... all posts with nothing but one smile in them are obvious spam more than any accidental double posts....

25. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    That 'ultimate power' belongs to all; For good or ill, I know not. :p

Unless he outright posts an attack on another user or violates any of the other guidelines, he is within his rights to express his opinions however he chooses. Thus far, it's not that different than when any of us says 'such and such will ruin the show because it is so and so' without attacking other users. We've all done that at some point or another, whether it was with Matt Lanter's voice, Mandalorians, or sorcery.
    What passes for constructive or non-constructive comments is not really for us to judge. We could, but none of us REALLY knows the full picture, do we?

So...yeah...Hunt For Ziro. Definitely a top contender If I hadn't seen the interview with Nika Futterman, I would never have guessed Ziro's fate. Whatever season 3 may do, I will never forget that: An actual surprise. :p