main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season Three

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Dec 20, 2010.

?

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season Three

Poll closed Dec 25, 2010.
  1. Clone Cadets

9.3%
  2. ARC Troopers

28.0%
  3. Supply Lines

9.3%
  4. Sphere of Influence

2.7%
  5. Corruption & The Academy

2.7%
  6. Assassin

1.3%
  7. Evil Plans

2.7%
  8. Hunt for Ziro

34.7%
  9. Heroes on Both Sides

9.3%
  10. Pursuit of Peace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    exactly so we should have right to criticize his criticizing and Barriss can criticize our criticising of GG:S criticizing:p but instead she ordered to stop that- i think we should be free to criticize here but no one should order anyone to stop cricizing if it won't violate the rules......ugh enough of criticing for now:p

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    As much as I'm not a fan of GG's "single smilie" posts, the thing is that he's not critizing anyone directly, he's just saying (in a rather uninspired way) that he doesn't agree with a given opinion or thinks it is lame. Would I prefer if he weaved a more informative and productive comment on why he disagrees with the previous poster? Sure, but he's not obligated to do it.

Not exactly. If you're criticizing a person's style of posting you are going off-topic and taking things to a more personal level. It's one thing to say: "What do you find so stupid about my idea, GG?", that's an on-topic discussion. While something like "Oh, here comes GG again, automatically disagreeing with everything with a single smilie", that's just a personal jab.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Exactly. I usually never agree with GG. But what annoys me is that in every other thread now people are harassing him for his comments. It's gotten distracting, especially because it's the same couple of people who do it too.

4. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    Well maybe we should ALL start using single emoticons every time we disagree with something, I?m sure that would be fun...
    It's borderline spam if you ask me. Emoticons are supposed to be used to enhance a point, not be the actual point. How can one debate an emoticon?

No one has ?attacked? GG, we are mere criticizing his ?opinion? or at least how he?s presenting it. We are quick to criticise Rumblewagon for his/her opinions being unreasonable, but we can't criticize GG for using single emoticons as some kind of ?beats all? rebuke?

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    As free as GG is on his comments, Swash has a point. It is indeed annoying to reply with a emticon over and over again. It adds nothing to the discussion either. And if there's nothing wrong with that, then there shouldn't be nothing wrong with expressing someone's opinion about that behaviour. Or should someone reply to a emoticon with a emoticon?

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Point taken. But there's nothing in the rules of the site saying someone can't post with a single emoticon (heck, the Jedi Council Community forum seems to thrive on those types of posts!). If you have an issue with the way someone posts, just ignore it, or PM him. Just don't keep derailing threads about it.

And if you have a problem with the rule itself, Communications is a good place to bring these sorts of issues up.

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    ^Can I get an emoticon that shows a smiley face beating its head against a brick wall?
    How 'bout a boogey_man smiley face that pops out of a closet?

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I don't have a problem with the rules. I just think there's noting wrong with what they said. I doubt anyone would be annoyed with him if that had happened only once or twice.

9. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Interesting discussion we have going on in here. :p

10. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    People HAVE been ignoring it, but this has been going on for a long time. The fact that only recently people have started complaining about it is a testament to their patience.

Hopefully he?ll stop now that he?s seen how many people are getting annoyed over it.

11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm not doing it bother people, MarkVader, and I think that's how you're interpreting it. I normally don't have time to sit down and write long paragraphs expressing my opinions. A single emotion is fine, and it doesn't go against anything. I've been doing far back before TCW. And if someone doesn't like it, they could simply just ignore it. If you look at my post, you know I don't like something.

12. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    It does get sort of tiresome, but 'knowing' GG, I usually just laugh about it.

It doesn't bother me like the trolling of certain other people does.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    And all this discussion needs thread of it's own this has nothing to do with "Favorite episode of season 3" anymore.... if criticizing others critic is wrong then ten comments prior this are all spam and so is this:p so how it goes- you can criticize the show (isn't it whole idea of this forum[face_laugh] ) and criticize the critic with one smiley (like GG does) but criticizing the critic of critic goes offtopic[face_thinking] .... nice logic there- but i would say that criticizing the critic is off-topic enough- GG states his own opinion well enough in his own posts- when someone else says a new opinion of one's own there is no need to comment it anymore with D'oh smilies or anything....... usually it goes like this: GG says "This episode was stupid" (and that happens quite a lot:p ) ... someone else says "i liked it a lot" then GG answers ":oops: " WHY? there is no need if he already said he didn't like it we know it and commenting others opinions leads nowhere......

14. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    For Pete's sake, can we just end this discussion? So GG posts single smilies. If that's what he feels is the best way to communicate his opinion, then he has every right to do so. It's not as if he's spamming the board with them. He just posts ine every so often.

Please, just live and let live. [face_peace]

15. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I'm officially reclaiming this thread in the name of the first half of season 3! Enough with the smilie talk.

So, anybody see the new trailer up at sw.com for the Nightsisters Trilogy (that's what they're calling it). They actually use the tagline "Clone Wars is kicking into high gear", with the obvious implication that up until now this season has been just cruising lazily or stalled. This, combined with Dave's comment on the latest ForceCast that "this is where the fun begins" (implying that there was really no fun to be had in the first half of the season) really paints a grim picture of S3 so far, even in the official eyes of Lucasfilms.

16. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    It does make me wonder if (and hope that) we got all of Padme's Senatorial (Mis)Adventures together because they simply hadn't finished making the big impact arcs yet and thought that showing a string of lacklustre fillers would be better than having another stringe of three and four week breaks.

17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    You mean this ForceCast? I have to hear it.

18. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I can't say how happy I am that LFL knows where S3 went wrong. They make a lot of mistakes, but at least they usually know how to fix them. :)

19. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Yes, because one of the main goals of a TV season producer is to bore people to death so they won't watch anymore. "Let's pack all these senator/senatoring episodes together so that we can lose viewers."

20. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Either way you cut it, there's really no excuse. Making good episodes in no more expensive or taxing than making bad ones. Sure, epic scale episodes like Landing on Point Rain consume more resources, but you can make pretty small episodes that don't suck. I mean, Rookies, one of the best episodes of the show (if not THE best) must have been one of the easiest to create. The same character model reused several times, just that small outpost for scenery and that's it. A few shootouts, nothing too fancy. Just write a good script and you're settled! There's really no excuse for a string of boring episodes. It doesn't matter if the rest of season 3 is mindboggling awesome, it still won't change the fact that this first half was a BIG mistake.

21. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    They may have thought that a string of senator episodes would be less likely to put off the audience than a series of long breaks. As for why they decided to create so many such lacklustre episodes in the first place, the optimist in me would like to guess that they're groundwork for bigger and better things; the pessimist however suspects that it's because they feel that they ought to do something with Padme, but don't know quite how to make her interesting. Either way, the season's been pretty underwhelming so far.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    meh looks like they are going to make more mistakes- i hate that magictheme they are trying to add there[face_tired] well at least there is action and no more padmé:) .... looks like they thought like Bail Organa in TFU " The time for diplomacy and politics has passed. It is now time for action":p but why they don't simply do more war-episodes?

yeah Rookies is still number one episode for me[face_peace] - where are clonewar-episodes nowadays?- clones, droids, blasters, explosions, battles, battleground, vehicles, ships some officers maybe jedi and plot there is all what is needed for good "the Clone Wars" -episode- this formula haven't been used since Cat and Mouse... sometimes politics, sometimes bounty hunters, sometimes sith mysteries but where is all the war this show should be about? It is somewhere working as background for dumb little misadventures of senators:oops:

23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Of course

24. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Hunt for Ziro. Kamino episodes were good but not on the same level.

25. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    There were mistakes. They're moving on. Why can't we? To continue to belabor the point long after it has been accepted and validated would be like picking at a wound until it actually tore a limb off, in my humble opinion.

I love the crew, I really do. But not every word from their mouths is a pearl or a fragment of a prophecy. I hardly bat an eye at 'kick things into high gear' anymore than when a voice actor says 'there are interesting things in store for my character'. The fact is, statements like these are part and parcel of nearly every bit of media. It's just how it's done. :p