main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season Two

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 25, 2010.

?

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season Two

Poll closed Jan 25, 2010.
  1. Holocron Heist

2.9%
  2. Cargo of Doom

5.9%
  3. Children of the Force

1.5%
  4. Senate Spy

1.5%
  5. Landing at Point Rain

41.2%
  6. Weapons Factory

7.4%
  7. Legacy of Terror

2.9%
  8. Brain Invaders

11.8%
  9. Grievous Intrigue & The Deserter

20.6%
  10. Lightsaber Lost

4.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    If you live in the US, you should be able to watch the episodes on the OS.

If you REALLY want to catch up, S1 is out on DVD/Blu-Ray. :D

No, we cannot talk about Youtubing or downloading TCW episodes. [face_shame_on_you]

2. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I'm going with the crowd, such as it is. Point Rain

3. Brisi_Wine

Brisi_Wine Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2009
    I must agree with Lord Maul on Legacy of Terror and Brain Invaders...I found the entire Geonosis arc to be a Star Wars triumph.

This season is tougher than the first to pick favorites with...even though we're only halfway through. Last season I could easily single out Cloak of Darkness, but now we have the amazing Bane arc, Geonosis, and of course the Grievous duo! Hard choosing indeed.

Ultimately however, I must go with Landing at Point Rain...with Brain Invaders tied with Grievous Intrigue as the runners up. Predictable, I know.

If the actors are right, and the third season gets even better...Queen Karina help us!

4. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    Brain Invaders. Freakin' fantastic. :cool:

5. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I'm regretting my choice. I voted for Weapons Factory, because it had my two of my favorite Jedi, Luminara and Barriss, a great story, and a dramatic "death" scene.

But today I re-watched Children of the Force, and I realized that was definately my favorite episode of the season! It had a great villain, OT foreshadowing, some really dark scenes, Palpatine schemes, Mace making one of his rare TCW fighting appearances, and a great story.

So, when you all look at the results, subtract one vote from Weapons Factory and add one to Children of the Force. Sorry WF, you're still a close second!

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, I really liked Children of the Force as well. My favorite of the Bane trilogy.

7. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I don't really know why Point Rain is a fan favourite. I haven't been paying enough attention...but for me:

Legacy of Terror or Grievous intrigue. I am a sucker for Grievous and giant insects.

8. butlerd

butlerd Jedi Master star 1

Dec 31, 2008
    Boy! Tough question! With TV shows, it's hard to pick a single favorite episode out of so many very well-done episodes so far in this series. If I had to go by those that I've downloaded or felt compelled to download from iTunes, my picks (so far) would have to be "Cargo of Doom", "Landing at Point Rain", "Lightsaber Lost" and this past week's episode, "Mandalore Plot". The next episode looks pretty good as well and features my favorite part of the S2 trailer (Anakin's "girlfriend" line to Obi-Wan).

9. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    If I had any time to rewatch all the episodes this list would probably be very different, but anyway this is my list from best to worst:

Landing at Point Rain 9/10

Grievous Intrigue 9/10 - Would have been number one if GG hadn?t lost like a punk in the end as always.

The Deserter 9/10

Weapons Factory 8,5/10

Children of the Force 8,5/10

Holocron Heist 8/10

Cargo of Doom 7,5/10

Brain Invaders 7,5/10 - Exactly the same problems as Legacy of Terror, only it is a bit better.

Senate Spy 7,5/10 - A really good episode that suffers from the writers not having really thought through the political situation on anything but a surface level at all.

Legacy of Terror 6,5/10 - Really good the first time you watch it, but IMHO pretty dull when rewatched.

Lightsaber Lost 6/10 - only episode that felt like a s1 episode, all the others are on a different level

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    How does a season 1 episode feels like? :confused:

11. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    What I mean is that the episodes in s2, like Dave Filioni said once, feels like they are written for the same audience as the live action movies. Also the way they are structured and written feels more movie like. The s1 episodes in general (not all of them) were a little simpler in form (Ambush and Lair of.. were written like levels in a video game) and more kid friendly (The Lurhmen were taken straight out of a Disney movie).

12. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm not getting the Point Rain popularity either... the action looked amazing but there wasn't much story to it, other than Obiwan being tired of the war. Actually it was pretty filler compared to the rest...

13. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
  14. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    For me, it's a toss-up between Landing on Point Rain and Brain Invaders, but I had to vote for "crazy mind-controlling worms in space". Watching the camera pan around an unsuspecting Ahsoka to reveal a sinister Barriss Offee watching her with deadly intent caused me to fly about a foot out of my seat!

15. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    Point Rain. No contest!

16. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Cargo of Doom was better than all. Landing at Point Rain had many problems, and it's shocking that no one said anything about them.

17. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Landing at Point Rain, until someone can come up with a better analogy, was what would happen if you turned Embo, in all his qualities and screentime, into an episode. It has a lot of style and bang, accomplished with a lot of amazing action, atmosphere (Geonosis and the warzones are STUNNING) and one-off moments and lines (Anakin teaching Ahsoka, Waxer and Boil, Weary Obi-Wan with authentic battle damage, etc.), but does all these things at the cost of not being able to fully explore the characters and moments we see.
    It's one of those episodes where the viewer has to think and imagine with the power of their MIND in order to come up with a deep analysis or observation, and thus, requires more effort on our part to make it anything more than 'the-really-big-action-sequence-episode'. Looking at it optimistically, it gives us plenty to work with, but doesn't spell it out or connect it for us.

That's my two cents, at any rate. ;)

18. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I've said it before, Point Rain had almost no story except for Obi-Wan being tired of the war. For the rest it's all empty action and pretty visuals.

Apparently people don't care for story, they just want big explosions and burning Geonosians.

I still don't get it.

19. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Or maybe people have differant opinions then you....[face_whistling]

20. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I heard Lucas pretty much backseat-drove the production of Landing at Point Rain, and it had the heaviest involvement by Lucas of all the episodes so far. True?

21. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    My view is that it has little moments from which viewers are meant to infer a storyline. We don't get clear subtext, we don't get villains shoved down their throats, we aren't told WHY a moment is important. It's all a matter of what they know before (Waxer? Boil? Who ARE those dudes?) and what they can gather on-screen (like, why the heck did Anakin have that mood swing? No time for that then he's worried about him too? BAD WRITING).

In short: It (probably inadvertently) forces viewers to do the work themselves, while giving them material to work with, under the assumption that viewers can be creative and are capable of connecting plot points to make their own conclusions, to THINK. Y'know, like how people assume Han shooting first makes him a ruthless master planner instead of some amoral thug with an itchy trigger finger. :p

Not that story isn't important. I would rather have plot-with-less-action indeed, which is why Voyage remains my favorite choice. It's just that I don't believe Point Rain is quite the boom, boom, bang brainless blockbuster some of us think it is.

On that note, whatever you may feel about it, just because various users voted for it doesn't mean they like nothing but action. [face_peace]

22. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I think that people like Landing at Point Rain because it's everything they've expected from The Clone Wars.
    The first mention of "the clone wars" is by Luke Skywalker in ANH. If, like many of us, that was the first time you heard of "the clone wars" and you knew nothing else about ?the clone wars??well, it simply stands to reason you'd imagine something having to do with clones and war. Landing at Point Rain has both.

Voyage has a great story, but would a newcomer to The Clone Wars be expecting a story about a ship traveling across the galaxy with spider assassin droids and murderous betrayal? That?s not the type of story newcomers would expect from something titled The Clone Wars and they?d need to be more immersed in the rest of the saga to fully appreciate Voyage. Even so, I still picked Brain Invaders over LaPR because the story was more gripping. Yet, if I were to recommend any episode to a newcomer of TCW, I?d recommend LaPR as it would be what they would expect ?The Clone Wars? to be about.

23. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yes, I think fans had been waiting for over 30 years to actually see the Clone Wars, and Landing at Point Rain delivered in spades. It was superior to AOTC and the Clone Wars scenes in ROTS in my opinion, and you could spot Lucas' direction, particularly in the landing sequence.

Obviously not a character-driven story, but this was really a "Reel 4" adventure and it was exciting.

24. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I actually really hope GL will add in some more Battle of Geonosis shots for a future AOTC release. Not much, maybe three to five more minutes. Same with the Battle of Kashyyyk in ROTS. A Wookie pulling off a Battle Droid's limbs like on that maquette they had displayed at C IV could make up one of many shots to make the battle more memorable.

25. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, it's so absurd that they managed NOT to show a wookiee pulling a droid's arm out of its socket in a confrontation between wookiees and battle droids!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.