main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Favorite TCW Episode - Second Half of Season One

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Mar 26, 2009.

?

Your Favorite TCW Episode - Second Half of Season One

Poll closed Mar 26, 2009.
  1. 112: THE GUNGAN GENERAL

3.4%
  2. 113: Jedi Crash

9.0%
  3. 114: DEFENDERS OF PEACE

3.4%
  4. 115: Trespass

13.5%
  5. 116: THE HIDDEN ENEMY

10.1%
  6. 117/118: Blue Shadow Virus/Mystery of 1000 Moons

6.7%
  7. 119: STORM OVER RYLOTH

3.4%
  8. 120: Innocents of Ryloth

10.1%
  9. 121: LIBERTY ON RYLOTH

11.2%
  10. 122: Hostage Crisis

29.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Well, I disagree about Hostage Crisis... I voted for Liberty on Ryloth. But I totally agree about the first half of the season being better than the second.

2. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    My top three for the second half of season 1 are Hostage Crisis, Liberty on Ryloth, and Trespass.

3. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Hostage Crisis .........easy

4. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    My top 3

1. Hostage Crisis: Pure Awesomeness!!!!!!!
    2. Innocents of Ryloth: Obi-Wan is the Man!
    3. Liberty on Ryloth: Mace in yo Face!

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Wow, Hostage Crisis fully in the lead.

LFL will be pleased. ;)

6. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Innocents of Ryloth was my fave episode, possibly of the entire season, not just the second half. It was the only one I went back and watched again, not just once but twice. The Hidden Enemy and Trespass come a not so close second. I think I would have liked Hostage Crisis more if it hadn't been so hyped.

7. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I have to go with Jedi Crash. That was the most exciting episode of the season, the only one that really got my pulse racing. All the action was very well connected and one peril led to another very organically. There was a real sense of danger throughout.

8. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I thought the second half of the season was great, some episodes were better than others of course, but it was great overall. I originally disliked the Two Blue Shadow virus episodes, but I rewatched them recently, and they were actually pretty good. They and "Hostage Crisis" had the best animation of the entire season, and the story was a lot better than I remembered.

I voted for "Storm over Ryloth" on impulse, because I really liked the episode and at the time it didn?t have any votes. To really like the episode I think you just have to accept that a Jedi padawan has the education and the ability of a normal human general of some skill(and being Anakins padawan probably helps a lot). I think this episode is probably the best episode so far when it come to showing Anakins personality. The way he forces Ashoka to take responsibility for his and everybody else?s lives at the end says so much about Anakin. Seeing how Anakin destroys the enemy command ship is also pretty sweet, and I assume that destroying that ship made the rest of the enemy fleet easy pickings(both in strength and because they lost their general).

Hostage Crisis was my favourite though. It was perfect on every level.

1. Hostage Crisis
    2. Liberty on Ryloth(really good, but it should have had a Dooku vs Mace duel. )
    3. Innocents of Ryloth
    4. Storm over Ryloth
    5. Hidden Enemy
    6. Jedi Crash
    7. Defenders of Peace
    8. 1000 Moons
    9. Trespass(It would have been a lot higher if Cho wasn?t such a 2D villain)
    10. Blue Shadow virus
    11. Gungan General( A good episode ruined by Jar Jar killing the senator.

9. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Blue Shadow Virus/Mystery of 1000 Moons.

Pure entertainment. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. We FINALLY got the trio of anakin/padme/obi-wan in the same episode like it is supposed to be and on Naboo no less witch was both awesome and nostalgic at the same time. Even though jar-jars voice should have been better his character was still handled and used almost perfectly. Captain typho!!!

The whole episode i expected anakin to go off and act like a badass because the people he loved were in danger -BUT to my surprise he instead never taped into the darkside at all in the episode and stayed in control like a good jedi, but the fact that i wanted him to and was almost disappointed when he didn't says a lot about what a special kind of character he is it think, as well as the affect he has on people.

This episode(s) was not given enough credit i think. I just thought the whole episode(s) was great and almost perfectly done.=D=

10. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    funny, as it is quite opposite in my case :D
    the first half was ok, but only duel of droids, destroy malevolence and cloak of darkness might be my candidates for favs, as opposed to the whole season 2 :)

11. Jedi-teen

Jedi-teen Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2006
    Wow... Ryloth was so much better than hostage crisis. I would put hostage crisis in the middle of the pack only because it looked so good. Story is definitely lowere third. I thought the Gungan General was the worst with Hidden Enemy just behind it in awfulness.

12. JFuchs77

JFuchs77 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    My number 1 favorite was Jedi Crash because I'm glad they made an episode with Aayla Secura. Innocents of Ryloth is number 2 for me. Number 3 I guess I'll say Hostage Crisis.

13. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Many cool episodes on the second half of the season, but i must say my favorite was Innocents of Ryloth: Obi-Wan using the mind control in the beasts, all the clone action (i actually really connected with Waxer and Boil) and Numa was too adorable.

14. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    Whole of season 2 was great, but I especially preferred the Hostage Crisis. It was pretty inteesting and I like how they've depicted Anakin and Padme's relationship. [face_love]

15. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    The Hidden Enemy. I love them clones. And the movie lead up. And I find it somewhat amusing the way Cody and Rex pronounce the word "risk".

Though why are Virus/Moons grouped together and the other multi-part episodes not?

16. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Mainly because we had to group at least two episodes together to fit the poll, but also because Virus and Moons were aired together so many people perceive them as a single thing anyway.

17. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    I chose "Liberty" because it has decent amount of action and had many great characters. I was going to choose Trespass, but it wasn't my dose of badazzness.

I never understood why people liked "Hostage" so much aside from the Bounty Hunters. Sure, Bane is cool, but that isn't enough to make an entire episode good. There were many great villains locked up on Coruscant, yet Chicken's brother, Cow (Ziro), was the one busted out. My friend thought this character was utterly ridiculous.

For those who didn't undertsand what I meant, I was relating to "Cow and Chicken". Its a show.

18. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Haha! I remember Cow & Chicken and totally see how you can make that comparison. Very funny.

But Hostage was a good episode. I think people like it because it was very violent (especially for a kids show on Cartoon Network--people shot in the face, necks broken, etc) and also because the good guys lost. I think the fact that good guys don't always win is what attracted a lot of fans to Star Wars in the first place (let's face it, ESB is the movie that got most of us hooked), so it makes us happy whenever we see it happen even though the good guys must ultimately win in the end.

Plus I thought the story was good. I liked seeing Anakin and Padme's interaction (some thought it was cheesy, but I actually liked it), plus seeing Anakin fight without his lightsaber (fight with the IG-88 droid was cool). The character animation was spectacular, giving us a nice taste of what we can expect in season 2.

Even though Ziro the Hutt is over the top, they were able to derive a fair bit of humor with other peoples' reactions. The Clone Trooper saying "oh my god" after Ziro says something outrageous was good, subtle humor.

19. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    Yeah, I see now. I just thought the episode dragged a little at the end and its not just cuz Ziro was there.

I agree that seeing the villains win is great to see, but it just didn't seem like a win since they got away with a failed Crimelord instead of maybe... Tambor! Then again, Ziro had probably planned the whole thing anyway incase he was going to jail someday.

20. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I agree. Hostage Crisis has a great 1st half, and I love how brutal it is. However, halfway through it seems to completely lose its steam and just fizzes out towards the end. When the credits popped up it really caught me by surprise. Anakin sneaks around as if he was actually going to do something about the whole situation, yet he never actually gets around to it. Yes, he saves the senators, but one expects a little more effort from the Chosen One.

21. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    Yes, that's what I thinking. You don't usually see Anakin fail like that. He may have went down to Dooku, but he was real full of himself at the time. In the series, it seems like Anakin is the perfect warrior, aside from the occasional lessons from Obi-wan of course.

If the ending was a little more dramatic, I would have loved the episode. Before the episode aired, I was really hoping to see a Commander Fox VS Cad Bane. Thought it be cool...

22. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    The beginning of Hostage Crisis was incredible, no doubts, and it certainly is one of the best looking episodes.

But I agree about it dragging.

Plus, still have a hard time watching the overly-contrived way they get rid of Anakin's lightsaber. It's just terrible.

23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    If once you start down the gimping Jedi path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

24. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I didn't pick up on that the first time. That's hilarious.

25. Corvus_Corax

Corvus_Corax Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2009
    Innocents of Ryloth. It's not even a contest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.