main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Your Favorite TCW Episode - Second Half of Season Three

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Apr 4, 2011.

?

Your Favorite TCW Episode - Second Half of Season Three

Poll closed Apr 4, 2011.
  1. Nightsisters

21.4%
  2. Monster

3.6%
  3. Witches of the Mist

3.6%
  4. Overlords

10.7%
  5. Altar of Mortis

12.5%
  6. Ghosts of Mortis

1.8%
  7. The Citadel

8.9%
  8. Counterattack

1.8%
  9. Citadel Rescue

3.6%
  10. Padawan Lost/Wookiee Hunt

32.1%
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    It's so wonderful to look at that lineup and not see a SINGLE episode I don't like quite a bit! This is definetly a first for the series, and oh so different from the first half...

2. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Apparantly Fistofans think alike :p, I was going to post exactly this. Voted for Trando. Although I really liked Citadel Rescue and thought Overlords was the most special episode to date, but the Trando episodes were just so perfect, flawless and complete I'd have to choose them.

3. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Man, am I having voter's regret! I watched Overlords earlier and I really wished I had voted for that ep! It was the bright star at the center or the Season 3 mediocre episodes.

4. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Seems like Nightsisters, The Citadel and Trando duology are the favorites so far.

No votes for Witches of the Mist and Counter Attack yet.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    It would be rare to have the akward middle child of the trilogy be the favorite.

I guess you could argue Altar of Mortis, Voyage of Temptation and Innocents of Ryloth are exceptions. As is Cargo of Doom. Welp, so much for that theory. ;)

6. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Overlords isn't getting enough votes i.m.o.

But yeah, several people are regretting not voting for it, so that explains it at least a little.

7. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    There's lots of great episodes in this second half of the season, so it's understandable that an episode that so many consider to be great, like Overlords, isn't getting that many votes.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Exactly. There's a key difference between an episode being great, and an episode being your favourite. I think some of these episodes are as close to perfect as TCW can get, but they're not my favourites. Favourite episodes have to be special and unique; something that makes you go "WOW" in a way that other episodes simply don't.

9. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    You just perfectly described 'Overlords'. :p

10. ZacktheHutt

ZacktheHutt Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2011
    Tough decision, can't we just rank them rather than being limited to just one =D=

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah in TCW second one is usually the best[face_laugh] but in these trilogies (Asajj/Mortis/Citadel) First one was the best i think most will agree with that since Nightsisters, Citadel and Overlords seem to be more popular than the rest eps of their trilogies (we can argue about altar though).... Even as infamous hater of the entire Mortis-idea i had to confess Overlords was not that bad really my rating rose from 5 to 7... Ghosts was just foreshadowing of movies- without flashbacks episode sucked and my rating lowered from 5 to 2- Altar is still balanced 5- i was able to predict most of the episode (except that little gnomethingy and dark side poison) beforehand.... it's not fun to watch a surpriseless episode... Witches had awful ending with Maul and all.... Citadel-arc managed to be nice until the end but Plo's behaviour really make me to loose all respect towards that guy- amazing hypocrisy..... and then Even Piell-issue surprised me- if only EU wouldn't have used him- since that was so much better end for him than some post order66 death [face_whistling] ....

12. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Padawan Lost/Wookiee Hunt

13. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Yes we can, that's what we've been doing with the "Grade the Episode" polls.

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    That's right - this is to pick your favorite - in some ways it shows what people like most about TCW.

15. HylianBowcaster

HylianBowcaster Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 6, 2011
    Overlords for me, that episode had me stop and go "what?!". Which is a good thing in my opinion.

16. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    I picked Nightsisters. I really like what they did with Ventress and Dooku in this episode. In fact the whole Nightsisters arc was, for me, one of the season's high points. There were problems with the pacing, but it's one of the few Season 3 arcs I'm looking forward to rewatching in its entirety.

17. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Certainly a tough choice, but it's gotta be "Overlords".

18. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    What I liked the best about Nightsisters is that it showed Dooku as a fairly badassed warrior. Even blinded and drugged he still dealt with the Nightsister attack in a convincing manner.

I don't recall another point in this entire series that made Dooku look as powerful as he should(to me anyway), so high marks for that presentation.

19. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yup, just rewatched that episode and it's great. Only slight issue is that I was surprised he didn't pick up on Ventress being one of the assassins, even drugged, but I guess she wasn't fighting her usual style either.

Monster was one of the most disappointing episodes of the season for me mostly because I loved Nightsisters and Monster just went in a different and cliche direction.

20. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    That fight with Darth Tyranus at the end of Nightsisters has to be one of the most believable of the entire series, as far as the bodily movements and what everyone is doing the whole time, granted the whole set-up has a loophole given that the poison dart is intended to null the senses of rather than to kill the Sith Lord...who they're there to kill. That episode was probably the closest contender for #1 for me, I think it's gotta be my #2 on the season...maybe/probably.

Monster certainly took a much different direction than Nightsisters, but I don't think anything about it was cliche. Some of it was conventional for a TV show, like the whole three-trials thing, but it's also believable from a sociological perspective if you consider the tribal nature of their society. And doing something conventional doesn't necessarily mean the scenes are going to be well-executed, and have things like distant cackling and unsteady camera-work to give you a real atmosphere. It's the worst episode of the arc, which I believe about the middle episode of all three three-part arcs this season, but it's still a good episode with its above-average moments (ditto for the middle episodes of all this season's three-parters again).

21. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Yes, as a standalone episode Monster wasn't bad but as a part of such a big trilogy it was slow and disappointing.

22. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    I'm surprised not as many people voted for Witches of the Mist.

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I didn't find Monster a slow or disappointing episode. It had a great pace. It's my third favourite episode of the second half. Better than any of the Citadel arc or the season finale.

Rushed.

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Incredibly rushed. The 20 minute Instant Sith Crash Course!:rolleyes: Like Children of the Force, it really could have benefited from being split up, with Savage training in the first half, and then the Jedi responding in the second part.

And, it would have been better if he had his enchanted blade back instead of going all in with the doublesaber.

25. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    LOL Whatever happened to "faster, more intense"? :p