main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Your Favorite TCW Episode - Second Half of Season Three

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Apr 4, 2011.

?

Your Favorite TCW Episode - Second Half of Season Three

Poll closed Apr 4, 2011.
  1. Nightsisters

21.4%
  2. Monster

3.6%
  3. Witches of the Mist

3.6%
  4. Overlords

10.7%
  5. Altar of Mortis

12.5%
  6. Ghosts of Mortis

1.8%
  7. The Citadel

8.9%
  8. Counterattack

1.8%
  9. Citadel Rescue

3.6%
  10. Padawan Lost/Wookiee Hunt

32.1%
  1. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    [face_laugh] Yeah, this guy's voice-acting is a million times more believable in his worst moment than Christensen at his best.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I don't really want to get into the never ending debate about Hayden vs Matt, but I always think Hayden puts more emotion, if you want to say that, into his performances as Anakin than Matt Lanter. Lanter is always stiff, monotone, has a "meh/whatever" attitude toward voicing Anakin from what I hear. Regardless of his portray as Anakin in AOTC, Hayden was did a lot better in ROTS. He's not a bad actor, as there is some movies out there that shows him doing well, but just didn't receive good directing from Lucas. Both have weaknesses toward their Anakin portrayals.

3. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    There are definitely important scenes in Ep. III that he did well, but basically all of his scenes minus one or two in Ep. II were grating and a lot of Ep. III was too. For me the bar was set so low for believable portrayals of General Anakin Skywalker that even someone who is mediocre would've been greatly appreciated, so I admit my bias.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    little tip GG- don't start it next time then:p

5. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    The love scenes, mostly.

6. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    I agree, but then again, I'm not a fan of love scenes in general. :p

7. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Love scenes can be tolerable when done right. "I truly... deeply... love you," makes me cringe.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    LACWAC Anakin Civil War: I'm With Tarkus. [face_peace]

Having rewatched AOTC and ROTS several months ago after a couple years off from SW, Hayden comes pretty close to ruining the films. Cannot take him seriously. There were several scenes he did fairly well in ROTS and certainly Lucas' abysmal script had something to do with it, but he is so wooden.

9. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I have to say the dialogue in the PT love scenes never really bothered me. It's a guy who hasn't been in contact with a girl in ten years and a girl who spent her teenage years dealing with politics day in and day out. In reality that's not exactly a formula for quote-worthy dialogue.

Although I have to admit that the apartment balcony scene in ROTS makes me cringe. [face_sick]

10. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    Meh, they're all the same to me. :p

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    How about if Anakin and Padme had broken out into a song-and-dance routine, like a Disney film?

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Love scenes are good when done right- do you guys really hate them so much?- Han/Leia romance in ESB is great and also funny for example..... AOTC didn't have any good lovescenes......Across the Stars is so beautiful it compensates it a bit and i can watch AOTC without great suffering (but i usually skip fireplace scene "My heart is beating, hoping that kiss won't become a scar" makes me sick[face_sick] )..... in that scene you mentioned I usually try to focus on that geonosian there on the background- talking to that orray- there is more emotion in that conversation:p

In fact i can frankly say that TCW has already done better job with lovescenes- there is more romantic/sexual tension even in that Hidden Enemy's Ventrobi scene or Luxoka scene in HOBS than in any scenes of AOTC not even to mention Satine's confession from VOT or epic Ziro-Snooty romance:p .....- even Anakin and Padmé who still are the most wooden couple in the universe are bit better in TCW- at least tolerable- in fact Senate Spy is quite good compared to AOTC what comes to portraying some kind of marriage between jedi and senator-

in ROTS i don't find Hayden and Natalie that bad anymore -they'll do for me- there is not that poetic crap added there- nothing is worse than romantic poem without emotion.....

13. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    You mean like in the trailer for the third LSW game? :p

14. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    @Swash

It's the combination of George's mediocre-at-best love-scene writing skills, Portman's great acting, and Christensen's horrible acting that produces such greatly varying results in terms of quality of the love scenes in Ep. II and Ep. III.

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    It's not only George's writing but his way to take only few takes- when scene goes bit wrong he don't bother to start it again he says "ok next scene"...if only Irvin Kershner would've directed prequels or Steven Spielberg..... i have no other issues with prequels than those few "lovescenes" that are just too horrifying in AOTC.... i skip them over so i can watch entire saga without any D'oh moments:p...

16. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I know we're getting off topic, but eh.... to that above. :p

17. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Portman is a GREAT actress. But her work in SW is more miss than hit, for sure. Wonder who's to blame for that...

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah. For Hayden, he had some good performances in different films, like Shattered Glass. He's not a completely bad actor, and I just think his acting in AOTC/ROTS has to do something with Lucas' directing. He did a lot better in ROTS than in AOTC, though.

19. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    So...getting this thread back to episode discussion. [face_whistling]

My vote very narrowly goes to the Padawan Lost/Wookie Hunt duology. If these two episodes are indicative of what's to come in the series (as Filoni says), then you can peg me excited for season 4. [face_peace]

Overlords was a close second though.

20. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Well, I'm not exactly an acting critic, and next to Christensen I'd probably think I was an awesome actor, so there ya go. Also, her hotness is distracting.

The Padawan Lost duology was pretty awesome, but Overlords was easily my pick if for nothing else than just due to how much it forces you to think as well as the great amount of ambition that went into creating the episode. The duology was a very good example of classic Clone Wars, but Overlords was inter-dimensional.