main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Favorite Things

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Dex1138, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    What's your favorite thing(s) in your SW collection?
    What about when you were younger (pre-teen/teen)?
    What one thing in your collection would you keep if you had to get rid of everything else?
    What one thing do you wish you had for your collection? (real things here)

My fave right now: It was the Acklay til I took it out of the box, darn thing just doesn't look right and the joints are HORRIBLE! and my Darth Vader speakerphone. It came out in the late 80s when no one knew what speakerphone was, way cool! pic here
    Younger: I used to carry my Hammerhead figure with me everywhere and a Power Droid. (Yes kids, a long long time ago before Hammerhead had a name)
    Thing I'd keep: my Mission to Ord Mantell record pic
    Wish I had: remote control sandcrawler!!

2. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002

~ my darth maul "extremes" or whatever it is statue
    ~ all my brother's original figures and ships from the 70s (some minus heads, limbs, accessories, etc) which he bequeathed to me (ok maybe he didn't, i just ferreted them away "for safe keeping")
    ~ my sebulba podracer
    ~ my barbie-doll-sized amidala i got for $2 :D
    ~ my little readalong record/book which featured artoo and threepio on some mission to this cyborg guy's hideout. the sounds were way cool

What about when you were younger (pre-teen/teen)?

~ all my x-men figures
    ~ the she-ra dolls i managed to save from the terror that is known as the yard sale
    ~ other misc like TMNT figures, transformers (although i never owned any), some barbies which were halfway cool, jem dolls, etc.

What one thing in your collection would you keep if you had to get rid of everything else?

~ the holy trilogy of course

What one thing do you wish you had for your collection?

~ the big millenium falcon

3. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Dex~ that phone is awesome.

ok I'm not a huge collector,I usually just get what i like or think is freakin' cool.

My favorite:would have to be my Stormtrooper garrison.I have at least 4 or 5 of each trooper old and new.working on the Clonetroopers.

Younger:would have to be the mail order Boba Fett.was so bummed when i opened the box and found out they glued the missle inside the jetpack :mad:

what I would keep:probably my Bantha,it just looks so cool the way they made it.With all the hair and the Tusken Raider riding on top.

What I wish I had:It would definately have to be the life size Trooper statue.

4. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I would have to say the Anakin FX lightsaber I am buying myself for my 16th birthday. (My parents on gonna get it for me..) Also my book and poster collection. I have the teaser poster for episode II along with the art posters for I and II. I have some other episode II posters and I'm gonna buy the special edition trilogy posters. My desk is completely covered with Star Wars books and I am just starting a Star Wars toy collection. (BTW, Toys'r'us has all Star Wars action figures for $4.99.)

5. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    From what I understand, Roy, they're hard to come by. And I still have the box too! :D There's a red light on Vader's chest that goes on when the phone is in use. Haven't used it in a long time but I love it

6. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    The original soundtrack anthology box set.

I have listened to the soundtrack more than I have heard other people speak. Actually, I'm listening to it right now :D

7. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    My favorite thing in my Star Wars collection is the Jorj Sacul figure that Ryno gave me for graduation.

8. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    i used to love my boba fett slave 1.

adored the death star playset, and the jawa action playset.

tie fighters and x wings, jabba the hutt playset and speeder bikes were cool too.

9. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    My computer.

10. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    My mint never opened vinyl Star Wars Soundtrack albums.

What about when you were younger (pre-teen/teen)? The Sears Cloud City Playset.
    I was the only kid I knew that had it.

What one thing in your collection would you keep if you had to get rid of everything else? My album

What one thing do you wish you had for your collection? (real things here)
    I wanted the life size Han in Carbonite.

11. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    WOW!!!!!

You had the Sears CC Set?? That's sooo cool! I finally got one of those Star Wars Electronic Battle Games (from 70's,i forget the exact name kinda looked like a little console with LEDs) on EBay a few months ago and it doesn't work :(
    But I have one a friend gave me and it works but for one LED. Anyone know if those are hard to transplant?

12. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    radio shack :D

13. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I remember that Sears Cloud City playset,I wanted it so bad!! :(

Dex~ LED's are very easy to swap out,usually just requires a little soldering.You can pick up spare LED's at any Radio Shack.Just make sure that if you do it,to make sure that the polorization is correct(most LED's are polorized),or else it won't light up.

14. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    What's your favorite thing(s) in your SW collection? My graphic novels, and TIE Fighter pilot (POTF 1).

What about when you were younger (pre-teen/teen)? I am a teen :D

What one thing in your collection would you keep if you had to get rid of everything else? Give away Star Wars stuff? Take my soul instead...

What one thing do you wish you had for your collection? (real things here) I'd say the Thrawn action figure as well as some of the stuff from the 70s-80s, as I wasn't around until after... =/

15. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    There is a Thrawn action figure!?

16. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Yep, came out in the late 90s. There was a "set" of EU figures. Let's see if I can remember...
    Thrawn, Mara Jade, Zero-G Trooper, Dark Trooper, Kyle Katarn, Clone Emperor, Jedi Leia, and Dark Luke.
    Did I miss any? They all had nifty little color backgrounds to stand in front of. And I have to say the Mara figure was bleech!

Wonderful! Now my Acklay's claws are starting to bend from standing on them.
    [kirk]
    HAAAAAAAAASBROOOO!
    [/kirk]

17. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    there's a store in the RI mall that happens to have several thrawn action figures that i know of :)

stupid typos...stupid head cold...

18. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    How much are they?

19. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    i'd say anywhere between $7-8 to $12-13 apiece if memory serves correctly.

they've usually got alot of the EU figures actually, like mara jade and xizor too. i love that store.

20. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    I don't collect figures and such. I am a big book fan, thou and I own every EU book out there.

21. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    I just got the Luminara Undulli and Qui-Gon Jinn figures. I'm also starting to collect some of the out-of-print comic books. They put a lot of good info in the comics.

22. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    I love my figures! I have over 200, plus some vintage stuff. I got all the vintage stuff at collectible stores and stuff, since I am only 16. I got into star wars in second grade (1991 about), and bought vintage figures at this local place called "treasured toys", they sold them cheap and in good condition. Then, in 5th grade they introduced the POTF2 line. Anyways, I love my figures a lot and I have 2 Jorg Sacul figures still in the package that I got at C2, I was lucky enough to go! While I was there, I also got Ben Burtt's autograph.

23. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Woah. You think you can scan a pic of your collection? I have been interested in Star Wars on and off since I first saw the movies. I just started cololecting stuff. I did put a tracing of the Naboo Royal Starship on my 6th grade yearbook page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.