CT Your Favourite Death Star battle

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Grievousdude, May 18, 2013.

?

Which Death Star battle do you like the most?

The Battle of Yavin 4 vote(s) 28.6%
The Battle of Endor 10 vote(s) 71.4%
  1. Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Which Death Star battle do you like the most, the Battle of Yavin or the Battle of Endor? I personally prefer the Battle of Yavin because of the Trench Run and the classic "Use the Force Luke".
  2. Rachel_In_Red Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  3. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Endor. Best space battle on film to date.
  4. Jarren_Lee-Saber Force Ghost

star 4
    Endor easily. Yavin wasn't so much of a battle as it was endless trench runs.
  5. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    Tough one. Endor is good when it's the space battle, and the Emperor/Vader/Skywalker aspect. But the Ewoks detract from it.
    Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  6. sith_rising Force Ghost

star 4
    Endor, definately. Best space battle to this day. I remember walking out of Independence Day in 1996 thinking, "Cool, but still not as cool as ROTJ space battle. The tunnel run with all the fighters is pure model/miniature mastery.
  7. Minez01 Force Ghost

star 1
    I really liked the sort of eery feel of the Yavin battle, I thought the way it was done with the fighters flying around over the seemingly endless Death Star Surface was cool. However I voted for Endor because as far as battles go, it is awesome in all ways. The Yavin battle felt more like the climax of a thriller movie to me rather than a real gung-ho battle sequence. Both very cool in different ways.
  8. Aaronaman Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The Battle of Yavin has to be the pick for me.

I remember first watching Lando fly into the 2nd DS in ROTJ and thinking...hey didnt Luke do this already, it just seemed to me to be a more detailed version of the same attack?.
  9. Jae-Dec Jedi Master

star 2
    Have to be Yavin for nostalgia sake. First Death Star I had ever seen blown up. ;)
  10. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Ugh. Hard to pick. They are both amazing. The spectacle of both were amazing. The music was top notch as well.
  11. OldSchoolFan Jedi Master

star 1
    I had to go for the Battle of Yavin, it gripped me from start to finish as all the pilots were systematically wiped out by Vader and his wingmen, would Luke triumph or would the Death Star destroy the Rebel base??? (plainly obvious the Rebels would win but to a 7 year old, it was soooo exciting!!!). Effectswise the Battle of Endor was jaw droppingly spectacular up on the big screen, it was Yavin ramped up to 10!!! The model work alone in this sequence still holds up today and still gives me a tingle when all those TIEs stream toward the Falcon's cockpit. It was a hard choice as they both kick ass.
    JM_1977 likes this.
  12. Reveen Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Oh, I'm sure it's one of the two.