main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your favourite fan stunt/hoax?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by George_Roper, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    [image=http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2001/12/10/poweras.jpg]

2. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Agreed. You can close the thread now.

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I think I prefer the time he came out to bat for England. May have improved their game.

4. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Oh yeah, I remember seeing that. What was that guy's name again?

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Karl Power.

6. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I like when you're at a game and it rains a lot and the game is postponed. Then someone decided to use the field for a slip-n-slide. This works best at baseball games because they put a tarp across the field which creates an instant slip-n-slide, but someone tried to use the football field this year. He didn't slide very far though.

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    There are so many in my head that they all kinda blur in my head after awhile. But out of respect for Chicago Cubs fans, I'll mention the first one that came to my head.

It was a Monday Night football game and I can't for the life of me remember who the teams were now, though I want to say it was a Raider (matter of fact the more I think about it, the more I'm pretty sure it was a Raider game)game in the early nineties and one team just kicked a field goal. First off, there were no nets keep the ball from going into the stands in those days. Suddenly this guy reaches out for the goal ball and falls OVER the concrete barrier in the stands and at least five feet to the concrete floor! Amazing thing is I don't think the guy ever got injured!

I can't remember if the guy got any legal punishment, but if I recall correctly, he was tossed from the stadium and I think his season ticket privliages were revoked. I'm pretty sure it was after that incident that the nets started being used for field goals.

I think this was the same year that nut stabbed Monica Seles.

8. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    That stunt was for a Bears game, IIRC.

9. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I always enjoy a good naked-man-running-around-the-field stunt.

10. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    Juliet316 I remember that guy. He was a big story in Chicago for about a week. He even ended up on Letterman & hired an agent. As far as I remember nothing bad happened to him.

One of my favorites also concerned the Bears. They were playing & a fan ran out on the field being chased by security. Ditka excused himself from the huddle and walked toward the guy. The guy was running toward him & Ditka lowered his shoulder into the guy knocking him out.

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Well like I said, it's been so long that I really only remembered the stunt itself. But Chicago makes sense. The fans are known for doing the whacky there. :)

About the Ditka knockout. Sadly I don't think the Leagues will let any player in any American sport knock out a fan after the infamous Basketbrawl incident of 2004. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.