main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your favourite LUCASARTS created EU Star Wars characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    OK, the "playable character" thread seems to be getting some good traffic. :D

Here's something along the same lines.

Pick your favourite STAR WARS Good Guy and Favourite STAR WARS Bad Guy that was first seen in a videogame.

Unfortunately I'm still a few months off getting my PC a new 3D card to be able to play KOTOR, so I can't pick any of those characters, whom I know I'm gonna love...

So.

Good Guy: I think Kyle Katarn is a bit of a bore, and the original good guys in the X-Wing series are pretty average. Ru Murleen is a dog (at least in Rebel Assault 1), so I think my favourite original videogame STAR WARS character is Miss Jan Ors. I must admit to checking her out as she bent over those consoles in Outcast. ;)

[image=http://www.eyrie.org/~aerianne/dark.forces/jan.gif] [image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediknight/images/characters/jan.jpg] [image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/outcast/images/characters/jan.gif]

Bad Guy: I suppose SOTE is out because Xizor wasn't created for a game as such. I never really got into the early Rogue Squadron games or the Starfighter series, Arden Lyn wasn't that memorable, so I guess I'll have to go for someone from the Dark Forces series again...

Tavion wasn't that evil, and I thought Desann was pretty average. Boc was a twit, as were Gorc & Pic & Jerec.

But there was one GREAT enemy in the Dark Forces series - the Dark Trooper from the original game, and I think I liked the skeletal Phase 1 version best of all! :D

[image=http://darkforces.future.easyspace.com/pix/phase1.gif]

I look forward to battling them again in the Dark Forces Mod for Jedi Academy. :D

[image=http://darkforces.jediknight.net/screenshots/models/player/dt100.jpg]

So - let's have yours. Favourite STAR WARS goodie & baddie initially created for a videogame...

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    The good guy easily goes to Kyle Katarn, if only playable characters can be chosen from. If not, Ace Azzameen gets a notch under Katarn. I also really liked Echuu Shen-Jon from GBG and Clone Campaigns.

To me, the best villians were Sev'Rance Tann, Alora, Marek Stele, and last, but not least, the Underground Thugs. Okay, the thugs' species originated in the movies, but still...they are classic villians in the Dark Forces series.

3. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > , if only playable characters can be chosen from.

No, no, this one is open to all STAR WARS characters created for a game, playbale, non-playable, cutscene-only, whatever...

4. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Thanks for clarifying. Then Ace Azzameen is my second favorite LucasArts created Star Wars character.

5. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Good Guy: Bastilla Shan would be my favoritie. I mean, she is a full blown hottie. Sexy accent, bustyness, ect.

[image=http://www.3davenue.com/media/starwarskotor/12l.jpg] [image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/images/concepts/13.jpg]

Bad Guy: HK-47 is sort of a good/bad guy. He is a former Sith Assassin droid with evil bulging from his circuts. Malak is a wussy, HK is the droid.

[image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/images/screens/57.jpg] [image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/images/screens/33.jpg] [image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/images/screens/8.jpg]

6. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Hmm...My good guy and bad guy choices can both go either way.
    Both from Knights of the Old Republic:
    Canderous and HK. They were both just awesome. Cool attitudes and awesome fighters.

7. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    If we're strictly playable characters, then the good guy award easily goes to Kyle, though I like Carth as well, simply by virtue of the fact that he's not shallow like most men. Seeing as I am a man, I know how shallow men can be, and I hate it.

Oh yeah, and he slings a mean pistol.

My favorite LucasArts-created bad guys are many. I like Galak Fyyar, because he's a throwback of sorts to the old serial villains -- a complete and total nutcase. Also, the battle with him is cool. I like Malak, because of the computer voice -- he's just plain scary. Calo Nord kicks ass, as well -- he's like the KOTOR version of Boba Fett, moreso than Canderous, even though Canderous is just as badass. Calo's disposition is like Fett's -- cold, aloof, and completely deadly. Davik Kang is kind of funny the way he talks like someone out of The Godfather. Tavion is also one of my favorites, because of her sadism and blistering hotness.

Tavion was voiced by the same actress that played the Weird Sisters on Gargoyles, which I'm also fanatical about.

Weird Sisters = [face_love]

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > If we're strictly playable characters

We're not. That's the other thread. :p

9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Good guy and bad guy at once: HK-47. Simply the finest addition to the Star Wars mythos since Darth Maul. Hell, considering Maul's short screen time presence, I think HK beats him hands down.

10. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    HK-47 is possibly the funniest droid since 3PO stayed in the closet...however, my favourite good guy of all time would have to be the DF Kyle Katarn. Kyle was a real hardass back in the war, there aren't many mercs who can take on a whole army of Dark Troopers and blow 'em all up. It's a shame he became such a pansy once he discovered the Force, though.

As for bad guys...Malak is pretty cool, but I'll reserve judgement until I've finished KOTOR for that.

11. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    My favorite good guy is the original Kyle Katarn from Dark Forces when he had no lightsaber. Jan Ors, is great for her role. Also Maarek Stele, I put him in as a good guy because he is the good guy in TIE Fighter.

For bad guys Grand Admiral Zaarin does it for me. Nearly captures the Emperor and makes life a hell for the Empire, wasting their valued equipment mostly on him instead of the Rebellion. Also Rom Mohc, Moff Rebus, Galak Fyyar, and Sarris.

12. Darth_Gehenna

Darth_Gehenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    While HK-47 isn't LucasArts created he is THE best Expanded Universe character created for Star Wars, not just with the games but with all of the Expanded Universe.

13. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    I Personally Liked Revan, especially when He Made out with Bastilla :D

And yea, HK takes the Cake, with Canderous coming in a close second.

Commentry: Master, want me to Kill these meatbags for you?

14. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Commentary: One dead meatbag, coming up!

15. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Nym definatley.

16. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I would say my favorite good and bad guys are both from Knights Of The Old Republic. For the good guy, I like Bastilla Shan. I like her style. As for the bad guy, I like Darth Malak. I think he's pretty cool.

17. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Revan isn't necessarily a good guy/gal though. :D

18. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    My favorite "good" character would have to be the lovely and sexy Bastila Shan. Damn, damn, damn. [face_love]

As for the bad guy, I'd have to go with Jaina Yu'Cakka (aka Revan), she was truly one bad woman. [face_devil]

19. TT-8L

TT-8L Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2004
    Good guy goes to the crazy old swamp man jolee bindo while malak takes home best bad guy.

20. --Darth_Dude--

--Darth_Dude-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2004
    Good guy:
    "I remember holding my wife as I screamed for the medics." - Carth Onasi.
    He's probably my favourite good guy because he's been through so much and seems so real. Anyone who has lived through a war themselves could relate to him, which makes him a very convincing character. Carth is probably the main reason id rather play light side instead of dark in KOTOR.

Bad guy:
    "Observation: Shall I begin blasting, master? We could have your hirsute companion free in no time." - HK-47
    HK is just the single most badass hunter killer droid. He's probably the main reason for me to play dark side. I even took him along with me on the star forge, even though he was armed with nothing but blasters, he was responsible for quite some kills. His lust for violence is just unparalleled. If he was human he would have been the Dark Lord of the Sith :D

21. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    My favorite good guys: Echuu Sen Jon (Galactic Battlegrounds, Clone Campaigns), Jolee Bindo (KOTOR) ... I also like Master Vandar Tokare (KOTOR) even if he is just another Yoda who can speak correctly.

Favorite Bad guys: Admiral Zaarin (TIE Fighter), Darth Revan (KOTOR)

Jolee: The master just loves old tombs, don't you, master?

--

Jolee (to Mekel): Why don't you just shoot them? At least it would be more Direct!
    HK: Yes, very efficent. It is what I would do.
    Jolee: Of course that's what YOU would do!

(to Tanis on Tatooine, the one with marital problems)

Bastila: I say we leave him.

HK:Can I kill him, master?

Tanis: What's got into all these droids lately? Has my wife been at yours too?
    HK: Negative. I just don't like organic Meatbags. Except the master of course! Ha ha.

22. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Well, for good guys I would say probably Mission from KOTOR. I don't know why I like her but I think that she is a good character.

Bad guy, I think I am going to agree with JP-30 here for a change ;) and say the Dark Troopers, they were mighty cool. And of course Darth Revan, mostly becuase of the whole masked thing, and the name is REALLY awesome sounding.

*EDIT* spelling

Forcebewitya!

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Nym is by far my favorite (Charlie Rocket's voicework in the games rock!), and he's certainly has the second most intresting prequel-era storyline (just behind Quinlan Vos, of course).

I also would give a nod to the Kyle Katarn from Dark Forces (he was much cooler before he grew that silly looking beard).

24. Brando-Fett

Brando-Fett Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2003
    Meeko Ghintee for his sheer sniveling bullying comic obnoxiousness.

Don't think Montross was pure Lucasarts since he was in the Jango Miniseries -but Clancy Brown's realization of him is great and he'd get my vote, too if eligible.

And most of those bounties in SW:BH has great bounty listings - i'd love to see their stories expanded somewhere - Longo Two-Guns, especially.

25. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    hahahah....excellent

Good Guy: HK-47, he's not a bad guy...he's just misunderstood.

Bad Guy: Darth Malak. i was skeptical at first...but cmon...he's got half a face....freaking sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.