Your favourite 'Star Wars' film and the highlight of that film.....

Discussion in 'North' started by edgejedi88, Nov 9, 2005.

?

Your favourite 'Star Wars' film and the highlight of that film.....

Poll closed Mar 26, 2012.
The Phantom Menace 1 vote(s) 4.8%
Attack of the Clones 1 vote(s) 4.8%
Revenge of the Sith 5 vote(s) 23.8%
A New Hope 1 vote(s) 4.8%
Empire Strikes Back 6 vote(s) 28.6%
Return of the Jedi 2 vote(s) 9.5%
The Star Wars Holiday Special 2 vote(s) 9.5%
Ewoks - Battle for Endor 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Ewoks - Caravan of Courage 3 vote(s) 14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah - I know this path has probably been tread many a time....but its not intended to be just a poll about the best film/s.

What was the moment/s that inspired you or made some emotional connection with you (after all - thats what films are generally for.....).

Go on - vote - there is no try! =D=

Me? Luke and the Binary sunset - every time. Always inspires me to remember that anything is possible...if we put our hearts and minds to it.

2. Jedi_Nath Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!! Who the hell voted for Holiday special?! BURN IN HELL :p
  3. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah...I am waiting for that poor sucka to tell us why they thought that film inspired them....coward....:p
  4. mvwg3003 Jedi Master

star 4
    Return of the Jedi:

<---- my icon = favourite scene of the saga

Also has the strange ability to, on occasion, make me cry which I very rarely do in Western films.[face_thinking]
  5. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
    Empire for me.

The feeling of betrayal and then complete understanding and forgiveness shown at the end by Luke is the clincher for me.

That and the fact it's a fracking great movie
  6. orn-free-tada Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Revenge of the sith - Yoda vs sid & obi wan vs vader.

Star wars has always been primarly good vs evil. these scenes personify it perfectly
  7. ObiWanCon Force Ghost

star 4
    STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH

There are many highlights but the main ones are Obi-Wan saying goodbye too Anakin, Anakin's decision, Order 66, Anakin vs. Obi-Wan.
  8. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Empire Strikes Back.

Has to be the whole emotional rollercoaster for Luke throughout this film. This is a really great example of the Hero's Journey. From his brush with death, his humbling with Yoda, learning about Vader, the whole "I am your father" moment.
  9. go-away Jedi Master

star 4
    Empire for me.

There's so many good moments but guess the scene with Luke hanging injured following his leap of faith is my fav.
  10. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    ....still waiting for the joker that voted for Holiday Special to own up....o_O [face_laugh] [face_mischief]
  11. Eddie Force Ghost

star 3
    TPM - It just makes me happy and I think it's the best fantasy film ever made. However my favourite moment of the saga is not from TPM. But my favourite moment of TPM is Qui-Gon and Shmi discussing Anakin while he is fixing his racer.
  12. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Attack of the Clones.

When Yoda enters the hanger and sparks up against Dooku.

The only time in my life I have bounced up and down in my seat like a big kid during a movie and clapped and cheered like a madman.
  13. Jedi_Nath Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ROTJ, where Luke and Vader face off...So much emotion when they know its Father Vs Son...Luke cuts Vaders hand off like vader did to luke...Luke pauses, realises and vader goes down...And i go all shivery when vader goes "If you will not turn...then perhaps she will" and then luke goes "NOOOOOOOOOOO" and starts releasing that rage at vader...So much at stake...
  14. STUBRIS Jedi Master

star 4
    Love 'em all to bits(although i do give JEDI a bit of grief[face_mischief] )..I go for EMPIRE..my favourite scene is when Luke is hanging from Cloud City & he makes that mysterious connection with Leia.I love it when it cuts back to the Falcon & Leia is sat there completely still.."Luke!"..gives me tingles everytime :)
  15. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    A New Hope.

I love the whole film, but I think the outstanding moments for me were the opening shot, the Stormtroopers blasting their way into the Blockade Runner. Han shooting his way out of Docking Bay 94, and the Battle of Yavin. :)
  16. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Now there are two of them!!!! o_O

[face_mischief]

I have to admit, that is the film that really made me realise that the SW films ARE good, since no way could rubbish like that compete :) I just can't pick a main favourite - ANH starts it all off, ESB was completely dramatic in its revelations, and ROTS has to be a real contender.

And the Ewok films - great in their own way :D

If you want worst film - TPM without a doubt (aside from the Holiday Special) - but I still like TPM nevertheless.
  17. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    had to go for "Caravan of Courage"

the compassion the Ewoks should that little girl is almost enough to bring me to tears :_|

but then I remember the cardboard cut outs/random animal shots/magic walking stick & rock :confused: [face_laugh]
  18. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Spike - you are so wrong [face_shame_on_you] [face_laugh]

That cardboard ship should have taught you something mate....especially the 'artist' who made it...I guess Lucas must have been stoned at the time - how could he let that go by and add the SW brand to it still?
  19. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    it did teach me something - the budget for the whole film was $4.99 hence the cardboard and random animal shots to fill time.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]
  20. Lord_Ogli Force Ghost

star 4
    I went for the Ewok adventures too. U'll all be eating your words when i'm the first Jedi to go to space in MY cardboard space ship [face_not_talking]
  21. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    be careful it doesn't rain - I'd hate to see the 1st Airborn Cardboard Jedi Squadron come down to earth in a soggy heap !! :p

Hey Jase were's Geordie Star Wars on the vote?? just got a copy off ebay the other day [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
  22. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    ....I could have put so many SW variants on there mate...did you get the same copy I had with all the extras - great bargain hey?

ObiWanCon is still laughing his head off I think!

'Whats up with your landspeeder - its got nee ****** wheels?'
  23. Baza Jedi Master

star 4
    Empire.

The very end where Luke, Leia, and the droids look out from the Rebel Fleet at the whole galaxy and the Millennium Falcon flies off to find poor frozen Han. It's just a wonderfully emotional scene done so well. And that piece of music "The Rebel Fleet" may be my favourite from the whole score of the films.
  24. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    ROTJ for me. Several moments make it special.

1) First film I saw at the cinema

2) When Luke backflips on the skiff. Great music, and good action stuff

3) The shot when the Falcon flies out through the Death Star flames

4) Luke vs Vader

5) Palpatine for the first time

6) The incomplete Death Star - a thing of beauty

A great great film.
  25. Kayess Jedi Padawan

Revenge of the Sith for me

Although seeing the dual between Anakin/Vader and Obi-wan (which I waited so many years to see)was a real moment for me. I think Order 66 and seeing the jedi cut down on screen really stuck in my mind I dont cry much at films but this brought a tear to my eye. Suppose after growing up with it and knowing such a thing would happen actually seeing it was all to much
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.