main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your first film!!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Darth-Kevin-Thomas, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Thought we could all take a break from all the techincal talk and how to's and relax a bit.

This thread is to discuss some of the very first projects that you worked on and the short commings of them. I always look back and laugh.

7th Grade
    I made a MT. Vesuvios movie where i played the "dragon inside the volcano" It was cool because i dressed up in a dino suit.

The best part about it was i had to fall from the sky so i stuffed the suit and droped it off my roof. Then i told my co-stars to freeze while i put the suit on and lay on the ground and BANG roll camera. It actually came out really freaking funny looking. That was back in the days of camera-VCR editing. heheh

What are some other things people have done that they started off with?

DKT OUT

2. TAAKIN_GRAND-MOFF

TAAKIN_GRAND-MOFF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2004
    An action figure film that was pretty dang bad was my first.

Our whole bodies were in the shots at times and there was never a scene without hands involved. The whole thing was made up on the spot and we didnt know how to edit so there were tons of mistakes thrown in with the flow of the movie. The audio was also terrible. Sadly this was like in 7th grade, But it was pretty much my first project.

3. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
  4. TAAKIN_GRAND-MOFF

TAAKIN_GRAND-MOFF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2004
    that second one... was intresting...

5. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    Yeah. I've matured since then, and so have all my friends.

6. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    I made a stop-motion film with a Super-8 camera and plastic dinosaurs.

7. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    I made a very bad, very, very long kung-fu film that involved many injuries and stupid stunts on my part. I've since grown and learned, and learned how to do the stupid stunts without hurting myself as badly. Hurray. Break a chair over me! Hit me with a car! Toss me off a building! I'll only be moderately injured!

8. Chy_Storm

Chy_Storm Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    I have a clip from my first film...but I can never finish it...We shot on DVcam not knowing that sony tape isn't very good it gets sticky over time. Right after I shot it, I was hired to edit a feature, so the footage sat in storage. Afterwards I put together this clip in my spare time, while working on other projects, when I finally got around to dummping all the footage and editing it, the footage riddled with artifacts that weren't there a year earlier... I was leveled....then I went and made a Star Wars film...so I'm okay now.

here's the clip
    http://www.whatthefunk.net/TheEnd.htm

The clip on the page plays in a pop-up window, so don't freak when it takes a while for the clip to load into that blank pop-up

9. Noobie_Wan_Kenobi

Noobie_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2004
    Just wanted to point out that it is spelled Spielberg. Not Spielburg. I see that everywhere. And "iceburg". It's iceberg. So... :)

My first movie were made in 1990. It was about a killer (me) who randomly killed people... We never finished it. Ahh. that was a good time. There was a time when we needed fire so we poured some gasoline on the street and sat it on fire. Not safe at all but very funny. And we used to do those crazy stunts. Hiting each other just to make it look real on film etc.

/nostalgic

10. Wolf3118

Wolf3118 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Jurassic Park re-make with lego camera. First and last.

Wolf is the name...

Photography is my game.

11. The_Mathematician

The_Mathematician Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2003
    one of the lego movies (like so many people here).

First live actor movie? Well, I don't want to go there, but it had something to do with Al Queda...

12. MatrixSWX2

MatrixSWX2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    My first film was filmed about a couple of months ago with my friends, it was for a Fine Arts project. We had to do something about art, so I came up with A.R.T., or Art Recovery Team: Search for Starry Night. It was fun to make, we had these crappy guns which are all now broken and the only "special effect" was that I had fake blood on my head because I get hit with a gun. The total time of the movie was about a 1 1/2- 2 minutes. It was originally supposed to be over 5 minutes, but since it was due that week we had to hurry.

13. Jamball

Jamball Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2004
    It depends on your definition of "film". My first time in front of a camera telling a story was about 12 years ago and their was no camera movemnent or cuts. It was all one take. It was a martial arts/action/adventure/comedy/drama starring my cousin. I was the narrator off screen and also the music (casio keyboard baby!). It's uh, not the great.

You can see our first somewhat of a feature HERE under the films section. You can also look under the shorts section for some of our first shorts.

--Jamball

14. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Aside from editing some really old home videos with two VCRs - that weren't structured, but rather random shots of my family doing stuff (and that was about 8 to 10 years ago), my first, last, and only film thus far was/is The Planet With No Name. Mind you, the movie isn't all mine - and some other people in the group had previous experience with films.

-Spiff

15. DMPjedi

DMPjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2003
    We're still looking for A-Bomb ;) for those of you from the old thread...

:D

16. Tedakin

Tedakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    The first short I ever made was a 30 second cartoon called "Little Lady, Big Gun!". I made it for my 2D animation class and got an A on it back in 1998. I wish I still had it, but the files got lost in the shuffle. :( First Star Wars film I made was Park Wars Trailer A

17. Nic-Kan2344

Nic-Kan2344 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 12, 2003
  18. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    That second one from Pal was... uh...

Hehe...

It was almost like the video from the Ring, except instead of ominously horrific images, it was just people. and stuff.

19. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    Haha, I was expecting 'The Dumb Natives'. Oh dear.

20. Nic-Kan2344

Nic-Kan2344 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 12, 2003
    haha, grr....ahh,'dumb natives' bbbbbbaaaaaaddddddd. it was really my friend named david that came up with the idea. xcept we used *MY* camera, *MY* computer and *MY* house! but i think i should call it his film. and at the moment i have just been making some small little effects, and short movies with friends, and friken school (lol), and posting here, and working on my web site layout.

21. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    ...There was an idea in Dumb Natives?

22. Pedrith

Pedrith Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2004
    My first film was a 6 minute animation on some social issues thing for my grade 12 teacher in 1997. I used Bryce 2 and spent over 80 hours rendering frame by frame images that when shown in succession became the movie. Then I added the voice over and the music. I still have it. It sure brings back memories...the constant hours of work, the painful waiting for the image to render, the colourful language shouted at the computer when it does not look the way I imagined it. Wait that was last week :) The more things change the more they stay the same.

Pedrith :p

23. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    Man... my first film... sorry I can't remember that far back. [face_plain] Let's see though... stuff from before Thanatos... man I wish I still had this stuff...

Macbeth 1986 - I'm guessing the year here... Bascialy two scenes from Macbeth. Had an awsome... at the time... staff vs staff fight in the dark.

Anti-Claws - Bascialy a Santa Clause vs evil twin... with dilouge inspired by the Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness good/bad Ash scene.

Macbeth 1988 - Yet more Macbeth but bigger cast. It was basicaly 'Macbeth as a Mobster' story... had my first ever chorographed swordfight scene, inspired by Highlander. I gotta rip into my Dad's video cabinet... may still be somewhere...

Beach Bums Battle for Babe - One and only time I did claymation. For some art class. Two guys meet on a beach, have a sword fight over a girl. It was funny because my partner and I mapped out the whole choreography routine ourselves. My teacher was like "stop playing around" and we're like "this is for the project!" and we show him the storybord.

24. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    2 years ago my first 'film' was 'dumbass the stairs' basical me and my friends chucking our selfs own the stairs after a very htper x-mas day! Now my first film that had any real meaning was 'fathers quest' its was cr@p! it involved some guy losing his pendant in a poker game. The pentant have him power and so his son goes after his uncle who has run away. There is then a fight scene in which the son wins and his father lives. I used a sorta video cam but it didnt do sound so everything was put in over the top and so the lip sync was cr@p! I once considerd doing a speacil edition but every one who was part of it doesnt want to be any more :(

25. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I guess my first film would technically be this one. ;)

M. Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.