main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Your First Time...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rhif_Rhaf, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Only true South Siders know the spelling is Brighton but we'll let you go.........this time. :) I do remember that theater, having grown up near there. The only decent theater left from the old days is the Patio Theater over on the North Side. Now that is a theater. No, it doesn't have the digital sound or stadium seating, but you're not sitting in a shoebox and the artwork along the walls add class to the place. Sorry about the rant but that's just me.

2. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Mmmmmmmmm... I did not see this 'till now.

SW - '77, age 9. I don't remember the name of the theater but it was in San Sebatian, Puerto Rico.

ESB - '80, age 12. Same Theater which by the way is a shoe store now.

ROTJ - '83, age 15. I went to some New Theater in Mayaguez during opening weekend. Now that was an experience I would never forget. I was old enought to party (by Puerto Rican standars)

TPM - '99, age 30. Webster Theater.

Holiday Special - Last X-mas another experience I would never forget (it still hunts me :ahhhhhhhhh:)

3. ILVIKINGSFAN11

ILVIKINGSFAN11 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    ANH - Mercury Theatre (Elmwood Park North Ave and Harlem).

ESB - 1st time Yorktown Theatre, Lombard when it was just like 4 theatres...2nd time Harlem Cermak in North Riverside at my friend's birthday party and they showed the REVENGE OF THE JEDI preview and I thought that was bad-ass..

ROTJ - Forest Park theatre..midnight show..I was 8..went with my dad!

SPECIAL EDITIONS - Marcus Threatre, Addison

TPM - AMC Barrington 30..nice theatre

AOTC - Probably AMC Cantera or Yorktown

4. gharyz

gharyz Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    The first one (later entitled ANH) - Edens Theater (no longer exists) on Thursday or Friday, May 26 or 27, probably 7pm. Saw the film 24 times in its first year of release.

TESB - Golf Mill (now closed) in Niles after school on day of release (after I blew out the school's closed circuit TV system with a multimdia preview of the movie).

ROTJ - Golf Mill again on day of release at noon. My Mom called in sick for my friend and I with the condition that she got to go too.

TPM - 12:02 a.m. show on opening day at Marcus Theaters in Addison. Got a trivia question right and won a prize. Went home, rested, and whole family went for 10 a.m. show at Golf Mill. Saw TPM 20 times in first year of release.

5. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    ANH-Too young to catch it in theatres (age = 2) but me and my cousin used to watch it over and over at his house in Glenview on my uncles new high-tech projector. Age = 3-4.

ESB-Mom took me to see it at some theatre in the NW burbs. No idea where. Age= 5.

ROTJ- Mom's boyfriend of the time tries to be fatherly and took me to see it at the Woodfeild Mall theatres. Age = 8.

TPM-I was pissed because we were out to sea during the realease (I was in the navy then). Caught it about a month after the release in a theatre in Virginia Beach, VA.

AOTC-Making plans to cathc the midnight release, probably at the Streets of Woodfeild (the newer theatre next to the larger mall, with a Gameworks right around the corner). The circle is now complete. Now I am the master!!

EP3- to be determined-

6. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Since I was born in '81, I was too young to catch the movies. My parents weren't into them either, so that didn't help.
    The first time I did see the movies was when they Special Editions were released in 1997 and I saw them all (along with TPM) at the same place.
    The GKC Theatre in the Peru Mall in Peru, Illinois! Woo hoo!
    I think I forced all my friends to go with me for the Special Editions, and then in 1999 I got a group together to go to the night show on the weekend 'cause I graduated highschool on the day TPM came out.
    Ah, the memories....

7. dstagl

dstagl Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    Star Wars: it was '78 or '79. It was a theatre in Hoffman Estates that used to be at the corner of Golf and Roselle called Century I believe.

ESB: Summer of 1980--5 years old--not long after release @ Woodfield #1!! Greatest theatre in the NW 'burbs. Now a shoestore sits in its place...sigh....

RotJ: Randhurst 1st or 2nd weekend 1983--I was 8 at the time. Then I saw it at Woodfield #1 a dozen times.

TPM: Midnight in theatre 15 at Barrington AMC--I've still got all the stubs from when I saw TPM in the frame for my theatrical poster.

I will see AotC at the Barrington AMC hopefully with the Chicago Force.

Dave

8. podracerdave

podracerdave Jedi Master

Mar 10, 2002
    I was ages 3-9 for the first trilogy...and I believe my parents took me to see them at the old Woodfield 1 & 2 theaters.

I saw TPM at a midnight showing with fellow CFers PncsKate and MadChimp at the Marcus Theaters in Addison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.