main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your first

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by ForceSynaesthesia, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceSynaesthesia

ForceSynaesthesia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    What was your very first Star Wars merchandise? Anything with the Star Wars label on it. My first was the Return of the Jedi Pop up Book I got when I was young.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    First thing I got (and I still have it) is a first edition paperback of the Star Wars novel. Most of my early items were the books. First figure I got was a 300th Boba Fett.

3. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    i had a bunch of figs when i was a kid....i dont know what my first thing was....

when i started buying my own stuff it was all the books starting around 95.

4. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    The first things I remember getting were some old CCG cards that people I knew didn't want (things like vine snakes), and they just gave them to me. One of those people had a Star Wars birthday party, and as little prizes we all got a pack of CCG cards and a figure off of his cake. I was uninterested in Star Wars at the time and picked last off the cake, and ended up with Chewbacca. The first Star Wars thing I remember getting of my own accord (don't hate me for this) was the first Episode I Jar Jar figure. I like dinosaurs, and thought he kind of looked like one.

5. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    It was 1978 when I was walking along the road with my big sister who was taking me to see SW again for the third time! there was a toy store just before the bus stop into town (sadly I can't remember it's name)I glanced in the window and there was a small display of SW figures. I gazed at them longingly and my sis asked me if I wanted one. Of course I did! I chose Princess Leia & clung on to her like the Holy Grail. Later that day after seeing the movie we were in a great store sadly gone now called Lewis's which had a fantastic toy department. She bought me Han Solo (the small headed one) and my collecting truly began. I collected until about 1984 or so and my Mother had a big clearout one day when I was at university and gave all my SW stuff away. All I have left from those days was my original Fett and the original novel which I recently came across again!

6. deltau922

deltau922 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    Vintage C3P0, summer of 1978. Still have it.

7. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    First figure was a vintage luke in jedi outfit in 1993 (the year i got into star wars, i was 4 at the time)

First POTF fig was darth vader in 1995

8. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    R2 and 3PO from 78 and I still have them :)

9. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I was five years old, waiting for the schoolbus and a friend was telling me all about Star Wars and Luke Skywalker and lightsabers. I was too young to go see it on my own, and my parents had no interest, but from those first descriptions I was hooked. I came home that day and talked of nothing else. There were TOYS! Spaceships and figures that were far neater than the Mego Batman figure I played with. Somehow I convinced my mother to take me to the store and buy one. I remember looking up and down those aisles searching. I found Darth Vader, and some old-looking guy in brown robes whom I had no interest in, but no Luke. I couldn't buy the badguy and not have anyone for him to fight, but I the store was out of stock. I went home with my Vader and would pretend he was fighting Luke for the sake of the princess.

Those are my first Star Wars memories.

10. Mustang97mb

Mustang97mb Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    my first Star Wars toy was a Jabba the Hutt Playset that my mom and dad picked up at K-mart for me because it was $.50. This must have been in either 86 or 87 so all Star Wars stuff was on clearance and I had never seen star wars before but it was cheap so they bought it for me.

11. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    My friend at school had a set of Micro Machine battle pack figures from 1995. She gave me one little Ewok.
    A little while later, I went to the store purchased the trilogy on VHS and got a POTF2 Han in Carbonite and Bousch Leia.
    This was followed by a buying frenzy so furious that I can no longer recall what exactly came next.

12. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    I think it may have been the Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back game for the Super NES. I got it for my birthday back in 1995, along with a strategy guide for the game. But if I recall correctly, my brothers got the little bendable figurines a month before that and I played around with those.

13. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Vintage Luke in Bespin Fatigues, Lando in Skiff Guard Disguise and a CAP-7. A gift in december '83. Also still have them. Later in February '84, my dad took me out to see Return of the Jedi. The rest... ah you know.

14. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I don't remember what my first Vintage stuff was I had a bunch of figs and vehicles. Then I remeber getting Heir to the Empire when it came out to kick off the new wave of stuff.

15. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I bought Artoo and Threepio way back in 1978 or 9. During the 90's when SW was coming back, I bought the Dark Empire comics.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    The very first items I had were 2 packs of figures that my Mom ordered for me from JC Penneys catalogue back in 78.

I remember they arrived in white mailers and I got Darth Vader, 2 Stormtroopers, Imperial Officer, Luke, Obi-Wan, and the droids. We had to run out and get Leia, Han, and Chewie afterwards.

17. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    My first Star Wars anything was the 3-pack of VHS tapes my dad bought me.

My first figures were the Ep1 Obi-Wan and Maul. I drooled over the POTF line, but I didn't have money untill Ep1 came out

18. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    3 3/4 Darth Vader and stormtrooper my brother bought me. :)

19. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    PotF II Lando Calrissian

20. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Her name was @};- Samantha @};- . She had brown hair and eyes and... wait, what was this thread about again?

My brother & I shared the first SW figures & ships, but the first thing I remember being mine alone were SW sheets.

21. ForceSynaesthesia

ForceSynaesthesia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    lol. good one Juke-Skywalker.

These are interesting. keep them coming

22. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    The first thing I remember getting was the old Cantina scene, along with a few of the figures. I distinctly remember getting the huge Death Star one Christmas, and getting the AT-AT at another Christmas, but ANH and TESB are kind of blurry. I also getting an AT-ST for one birthday, and a bunch of the mini-rigs from Hoth. As for ROTJ, by that time I had an allowance, so I began "hunting and collecting". I remember seeing the Royal Guard at Target on the way to see the movie. I had no idea who he was, but he was cool.

23. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    my very first figure was a vintage hoth han solo, which eventually got sold by my parents at a boot sale way back in the mists of time along with the rest of my vintage star wars and gi joe figure and vehicles [face_plain]

24. DarthWan7281

DarthWan7281 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2006
    My First Star Wars Collectible I ever had was when I was 4 years old when ROTJ came out and it was a box of Kellog's 3PO's. If any of you still have saved the box I am in awe of you. As well, I had a t-shirt from ROTJ with the original title, Revenge of the Jedi. Back in '04 I bought my first action figure of yoda from Attack of the Clones. Just recently my bro told me that he use to have the original star wars logo pin from '77. My dad was coming home from work in the city and he said this guy who looked like an alien was handing them out. He didnt even care about star wars, lol. It was just a chance encounter and he told me abou i just recently.

25. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    as a baby i would play with my older bros' SW toys. they few that survived the years are now mine but the first figure/merchandice that was truly mine was the POTF boba fett. about a week later i got POTF jedi luke. still have both [face_peace]

the oldest in my collection is between an original AT-AT and a yoda rubber hand puppet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.