main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Your fondest CT memories?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Hmmm...

To single out one from the initial releases, I remember when my brother Bri & I saw ROTJ on opening day back in 1983. Especially when the Emperor is zapping Luke, and the whole audience was shouting at Vader, "Come on! Help him!" And when he finally grabbed Palpatine, there was this tremendous cheer.

And, just a few years later, I saw the whole OT (pre-SEs) at a revival showing. This time, during that same moment, everyone was absolutely quiet, until Vader grabs Palpatine. And, just like in 1983, a tremendous cheer went up.

2. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Seeing Jedi for the first time, and the whole theater chanting "Do it! Do it!" when Vader was looking from Palpatine to Luke and back again during the scene where he saves Luke. Then the whole room standing and applauding when he threw Palpatine down the chasm. (Best memory by far)

When Vader told Luke he was his father, and believing he was a liar.

Pretending to swing across the bottomless space in the first Death Star like Luke and Leia did.

Playing ROTJ with a kid named Jeff in third grade, him Han and me Leia and him running from me when I tried to kiss him during the Jabba's Palace/Freeing Han from carbonite scene [face_tee_hee]

I'm sure there's more, but these are the ones that immediately came to mind.

3. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    • Renting and watching the original versions of the trilogy as a youngling.
    • Watching the MTV specials about the making of the special edition trilogy.
    • Coming home after school one day to find out my uncle bought me over two dozen of the Power of the Force figures because of the special editions.
    • Seeing the special editions of A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi in theaters.
    • Getting the VHS Special Edition Trilogy set soon after.
    To be honest, I have very vague memories of all the above by I still remember my emotions and feelings during these events.

4. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015
    Playing Luke Skywalker wearing my dads black leather glove in my black shirt and black pyjamas trausers with my oversized green ligthsaber fighting a invincible Darth Vader.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  5. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    - First time I saw ROTJ on VHS in daycare in the late 80s.
    - Recorded the OT from the SiFi specials hosted by Carri Fisher in the early/mid 90s.
    - Playing Star Wars with my uncle's model star destroyer from the 70s, and then when the early/mid 90s POTF figures and micro machines were released.
    - Reading Shadows of the Empire and really wanting a N64 in 6th Grade; subsequently spending HOURS trying to beat Boba Fett on Ord Mandell...danged jet pack!
    - Drawing my own star wars comics for fun.
    - The VHS Re-Release, Special Edition Theater Run, and subsequent release.
    - Prequel Madness! Star Wars Insider, toys, books, video games (oh my!)

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I have always wondered what that experience would've been like, seeing ROTJ in theatres for the first time! After spending the last several years seeing the previous two parts-now we come to the third part, the one we've all been waiting to see-and it's time to see how this all comes to an end! I would've loved experiencing that for the first time!!!!

Alas, I was 2 at the time...

I'd say my fondest memories are:

1. Lying in my parents' bed and watching ANH when I was home sick with the flu as a little kid.
    2. Seeing the SE re-releases in theaters when I was in high school. (my first time ever experiencing SW in the theatre!)