main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Your Force Allegiance

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Meyerm, Sep 1, 2014.

?

What is your force allegiance

1. Light Side

36.4%
  2. Dark Side

9.1%
  3. Neutral-leaning light

24.2%
  4. neutral-leaning dark

24.2%
  5. Pure neutral

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Screw having a philosophy behind it. I'd just have fun.

6.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    If you were a force-sensitive, what would your allegiance be? My apologies if this thread exists in an active state elsewhere. I couldn't find one.

I personally would be neutral (a grey) but leaning a bit towards dark in a sense that I'd treat allies and innocent bystanders as a jedi would, but treat my enemies like a sith would.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I empathise much more with Sith but given my make up I'd be grey leaning towards light. I wouldn't submit to the dogma of either order as both are too extreme. I would genuinely seek internal balance and not deny love, family, or emotions. Instead seek to control my own self not others.

3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I'd be light, but light as defined by Luke's Order, not Yoda's.

BultarSwan and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Reclassified as discussion, not a social thread.

5. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I would go my own way, do my own thing. But I'm pretty sure that's also the essence pure neutral.

With great power comes more fun than you ever imagined.

Evil.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I'd sip lemonade that I stirred with the force. And maybe help old people and children cross the street safely. So I guess Light Side.

7. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Lightsider here.

8. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Lightside. But I'd still levitate unsuspecting 'victims' with my mind. That's not evil right? :p

9. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    Never did understand why the jedi considered mind tricks to be okay. You'd think reaching into someone's mind and influencing their very soul would be dark side.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  10. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    "With great power comes great responsibility." Yeah, I know that's not sw. I think it's more along the lines of using it in order to solve problems and help people to understand each other. For instance, someone who is able to 'read' minds might be able to tell that Side A is secretly harboring certain opinions about Side B which would in this case cause peace talks to fail. A Diplomat Jedi would be able to smooth things over in an understated and gentle way before those who were emotionally escalated did/said things that would ruin a chance for peace. Diff. opinions I know. I'm shorting it because I have to clean but that's one of my takes on it.

11. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Light-leaning grey. I'd probably run away from the old Jedi order, but I'd be fine with Luke's, especially considering how grey many of his students are. But I've never identified with the various grey-ish groups, so I stick with the Jedi.

12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    @ Meyerm: Indeed not to mention the Mind Trick is deception itself which Jedi do 'say' is Dark Side.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    When do they "say" that?

Jedi Master Yarael Poof has plenty of wise words to say about not misusing the Mind Trick.

"While this guard may prove to be an obstacle on your mission, he is also a living being. He may not be menacing by nature, merely an employee or servant. He may have a family, others who care about him. Had you met him under different circumstances, you might have discovered him to be a friend and ally. What to do, then? Make the guard see you as a small, nonthreatening creature? Make him go to sleep, or forget he saw you at all? Hypnotically suggest that you have leapt away from where you are standing, and encourage the guard to chase the apparition you have created? Project a frightening image that will cause him to flee? All these things could very well work, young Jedi, but have you considered the consequences?

What if the guard enjoys shooting at small, nonthreatening creatures? What if his species is physically incapable of sleep? What if he forgets he saw you, but the fact that he even unwittingly allowed you to pass will cost him his job or his life? What physical trauma will he suffer if he chases your apparition into a wall of solid rock? What if you strike such fear in him that he dies on the spot, or forgets the nature of gravity as he tries to escape over the edge of the nearest cliff?"

As for my own choice of allegiance, "neutral-leaning-light" sounds about right.

14. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    If I was a Force Sensitive, I probably wouldn't have any force alignment. I don't like the PT Jedi, I'm not mean enough to be a Sith, and while I like Luke's Jedi order, saving the galaxy seems like too much hard work. Besides, having the ability to use mind trick and telekinesis opens up a galaxy of opportunities for fun and profit.

15. The Son of Dathomir

The Son of Dathomir Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2014
    I chose neutral leaning dark. I don't really agree with the beliefs of the jedi or the sith but I want to have the power of force lightning.

16. BUZZINHARD

BUZZINHARD Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2014
    I think there is way to many stupid humans on the planet. Would'nt mind getting rid of "say" 4 billion of them. I'll let you guess what side I have chosen...:)

17. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I chose Neutral leaning towards dark because i would probably not join either order but rather be a bounty hunter or smuggler using my force powers for these jobs.

18. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I am confident that many people would be tempted by the Dark Side, especially without having any training.

19. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    I think neutral would realistically be the most popular. It's the only side that doesn't require tedious adherence to codes and alterations to ways of living. Jedi and Sith alike try to block certain emotions and natural thoughts from their mind. Greys can embrace it all.

20. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Neutral leaning toward the Darkside. It's more fun that way.

21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
  22. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
  23. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Power for powers sake. Dark side

24. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    Yeah, it's one of those things that's useful both as a plot device and to show off Jedi powers and you don't really think much about it... until you do, and at that point it's actually kind of terrifying.

One of the things I liked about Phantom Menace when it first came out was that, being set in a galaxy where there was still a Jedi Order and watching a pair of Jedi going about their business, you got a sense of which lines it was and wasn't okay to cross. Trying to mind-trick Watto into accepting foreign currency was acceptable; pulling out a lightsaber and telling him to either hand over the spare parts or start looking for a pair of prosthetic wings, which they could've done just as easily, wasn't. Not saying I necessarily agree, but it was interesting to see.

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    The jedi philosophy seems to consider any non-violent solution as an acceptable one, even if it involves manipulation and trickery. Basically put, if the jedi were an Earth organization, they'd have no problem using truth serum and lie detectors.

General Immodet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.