main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Your Force Allegiance

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Meyerm, Sep 1, 2014.

?

What is your force allegiance

1. Light Side

36.4%
  2. Dark Side

9.1%
  3. Neutral-leaning light

24.2%
  4. neutral-leaning dark

24.2%
  5. Pure neutral

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Screw having a philosophy behind it. I'd just have fun.

6.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I'm not sure truth serum and lie detectors apply nor am I convinced all the Jedi methods are 'non violent'. However, it's nice to see some are wary of the way Jedi operate. What startles me is 'lies, deceit' the Dark Side are they yet the Jedi are shown to lie and manipulate whenever they like. It shows clearly they are hypocrites.

General Immodet likes this.
  2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Stealing babies and such...

3. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    I think in some instances, the difference between sith and jedi is how honest they are to themselves. Both are deceitful. It's just the sith have no problem admitting it.

4. Force Ghost

Force Ghost Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2014
    I'm kinda shocked at the results of the poll. Shocked, but pleased.

Seems like everyone I know is all about the dark side. It's pretty refreshing to know that I wouldn't be the only Jedi in a galaxy full of Sith! Lol

Maybe I'm not so different after all?!

Heck, I find it hard to play through KotOR as a dark sider. I couldn't imagine trying to do it for real. Haha

Kato Sai likes this.
  5. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    Hard? Nah. Slightly disturbing? Maybe.

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That's stated of Dooku after it's revealed to the Jedi that he has turned "Lies and deceit are his ways now.

But that doesn't mean that those are intrinsically dark.

"All darksiders are liars"
    "Not all liars are darksiders"

so to speak.

7. Force Ghost

Sep 25, 2014
    This.

It's never said that Jedi are saints. They are humans (or near humans hehe) No one is perfect, and I don't think they claim to be. Serving the light side of the Force doesn't mean you are not flawed in one way or even many. I think it means striving to improve yourself and doing what's right. Not just for the Jedi, but everyone. Being selfless.

Kato Sai and Iron_lord like this.
  8. Force Ghost

Sep 25, 2014
    It's actually hard for me......unless I'm in a mood and want to screw around.

I get very involved in those games. I'm there! Those aren't just lines of code working in unison, they're people! Lol.

So when I have to attack them or manipulate them into being slaughtered, I kinda cringe... I know that's weird but I do.

Kato Sai likes this.
  9. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    I found it easier. Using intimidation and force rather than trying to earn trust or buy things legally.

10. Force Ghost

Sep 25, 2014
    "Quicker. Easier. More seductive." -Yoda

You damn dirty Sith, you. Lol

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  11. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I'd certainly be a Sith Lord. Rationalism, transhumanism and utilitarianism are ideals I hold dear and so I can easily imagine being a darksider in the Plagueis mould, with, perhaps, the cold, calculating ethics of Revan.

12. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    If you are born with Force powers on a backwater planet, it is possible you never are discovered by either Jedi or Sith (or some other Force sensitive organization).
    Without the knowledge of such things, your perspective on Force usage would be quite different.
    ---
    If I lived in the SW Universe and I did not have any Force power, I would most certainly be quite afraid of Force usage.
    As a member of the government, I would declare both Jedi and Sith cults and keep them under close watch.
    You cannot expect it right to use Force tricks and such on people who have no defense against it.

13. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    I would be anti-force sensitive as well if I wasn't one. I mean, two relatively small cults of people with unusual powers influencing government far beyond what their population would permit and bringing the entire galaxy to war to destroy the other cult? I'd hate them too.

Mitth_Fisto and General Immodet like this.
  14. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Just because someone is Light Side, doesn't necessarily mean that they are Jedi. I would hope never to be corrupted by the Dark Side, whether or not I was trained by Yoda's Order, Luke's Order, or some random guy who happens to know how to use the Force.

15. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Neutral leaning dark.

It's good that nobody has selected true neutral, because that is just pretty much impossible.

16. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I like a mix of light and dark, but I think I'm more on the light side than the dark side. So my vote goes to the light side.

Iron_lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.