main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your green screen

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by 1337mik3, Jun 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1337mik3

1337mik3 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    post images and videos of your green screen, im making one, and would like to see others before i finish it.

2. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Mine looks just like it did when I bought it..

What exactly is it you're looking for? Pictures of a greenscreen? It's a screen.. it's green... There ya go. If you meet those two exceptional criteria, you'll be fine.

3. DarthDodobird

DarthDodobird Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 26, 2003
    Except it doesn't have to be a screen, and it doesn't have to be green.

(uh oh. The confusion level in here just tripled)

4. 1337mik3

Jun 17, 2004
    well obviously, i mean like size, and stuff, im making mine from scratch, im using two sheets of insulation cores. both 4x8, so itl be 8x8 total.

5. iandud3

iandud3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2004
  6. Darth_Brad03

Darth_Brad03 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    I built 6 frames like these...
    [image=http://s93002538.onlinehome.us/surrealization/2.bmp]

I then used a rigid type of paper and stapled it to the edges...
    [image=http://s93002538.onlinehome.us/surrealization/1.bmp]

They are each 4'x12'...so with six of them I can move them around and cover pretty much any area I need.

7. Sau-Den

Sau-Den Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    So how does construction paper work for greenscreen? Would that be fine, if I just taped it onto a wall. How good would that work?

8. 1337mik3

Jun 17, 2004
    that construction paper thing is what i did before i made mine, it worked well, lighting was hard tho, so it didnt always turn out the best..
    here are pictured of my green screen..

[image=http://www.1337mik3.com/images/greens1.jpg]
    thats one painted
    [image=http://www.1337mik3.com/images/greens2.jpg]
    this one isnt painted yet

9. Darth_Brad03

Sep 21, 2003
    Yeah, it works better than I thought it would. As long as you stretch it tight and the paper is thick you should be fine. Since mine are designed to move around alot, they are easily damaged...but besides that I don't see any drawbacks.

10. Leigh_Jesani

Leigh_Jesani Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    Anyone tried cloth? I did some testing with that a while ago, and it worked for getting footage of a saber to render into my moving footage. Depends on the cloth, but sometimes lighting is better. Spray paint is nice, but very hard to paint evenly with the spray--you've got to be somewhat careful. I bought a couple drywall boards for like...nothing at the building supply place, made a quick frame with 2x4s (and some sticks from the woods) and the thing works perfectly and cost me about $7 total. The spray paint was $5. :)

11. Darth_Brad03

Sep 21, 2003
    A seamless piece of cloth is so expensive and hard to come by...I ruled that out very quickly. It would be my number one option, but for my budget the thick construction paper has been great. There are alot of ways to go when making a blue/greenscreen...you can do anything from hanging a sheet to painting your wall. No need to break the bank.

12. Bert_Wagner

Bert_Wagner Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    mine's in this thread:

http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Films/b10015/16124297/?6

its basically just a painted wall with the "fake pool grass"(idk what else to call it) on the floor.

13. 1337mik3

Jun 17, 2004
    nice chroma keying, what program do you use?

14. Vigilante74

Vigilante74 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2004
    This link will take you to our cinema studio we have at the University of New Orleans. There are pictures of the green screens we've used as well as some of the technical information.

Digital Cinema Studio at the University of New Orleans.

I just tried to find the information for you and the exact page its on, but I couldn't find it. They've moved some stuff around. I'm sure its there somewhere.

15. RIPLEY426

RIPLEY426 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2003
    I´ve built a bluescreen arround easter and it turned out great, except of two things. It is still to small (I sued an even smaller one before) and I couldn´t stick AND attach the forth cardboard piece onto to the wooden frame. I can carry it arround, it´s about 2*1,60 meters big but it doesn´t really like being placed at wet areas because the cardboard is somehow waved then. But the results are good (enough). I would do the greenscreen the same way. But I won´t make a new one until I can´t get a big all where I can shoot. (at the moment I´m using the garage).

16. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
  17. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Scenery Muslin

Bets are you can buy it somewhere local and not have to pay for shipping (gonna be pricey). But this is ten feet wide and about $9 a yard. If you buy the 30 yard bolt it's only $175. You could greenscreen your whole house with that much! And it would be durable and portable (assuming you have four big guys to pick up 30 yards of 10 foot wide painted fabric!)

Of course you will have to find a place big enough to lay it out and roller on tons of paint as well.

My only problem with PadawanNick's idea is that I don't have flat contiguous basement walls to work with. And I can't swing a saber in my basement either.

I hope to rent some vacant storefront or warehouse space and hang large sheets of fabric up for greenscreening.

18. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    [image=http://loukusfilm.com/greenscreen.jpg]

This is actually my old one, I've got a blue one now, and in a more open area.

I've used the materials from this one to make a portable one by wraping it around two really long staves. Two people hold each side, and I can deploy a 6 x 13 greenscreen anywhere. a little hard to move though, I have to strap it to the top of a car.

19. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I need to make one

20. John2460

John2460 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    [image=http://members.cox.net/jdsimtrek5/greenshot.JPG]

I build this greenscreen out of green display board for a documentary I was doing for school. It worked really great for my purposes, however the moisture in the basement caused the paper to sag and the whole thing came down the next day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.