main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Your Hands Won't Let Me Fall - Chapt. 5: 12-09, complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Mara gave a playful wink. "Please. You'll spoil my image."

"Luke did that a long time ago." Leia teased with a grin.

[face_laugh] Isn't that the truth! ;)

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Leia's eyes were misty and soft. "Love." She murmured.

Luke sure did [face_love]

Awesome updates and can't wait for more

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Great to see Mara making peace with everything. :)

4. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    Yay! Mara is ready to try again! [face_dancing]

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    It took me a few moments to gather my thoughts together about what I was going to say. Yeah, you officially struck me speechless. :p

This was . . . this was very real. Very real. And you've touched on a subject that has certainly been painful for more than one woman ? and couple for that matter, we can't leave the guys out in this. [face_love] And made it something heartfelt and real. This read like healing. =D=

Stang it girl, but you have been withholding angst on us! o_O

The stress of the fight and the difficult landing she'd made to instinctively protect the child within had ironically snuffed out the life before it had really begun.

And that one little point is going to hang over her like a black cloud no doubt. Oh, poor Mara! :(

In the weeks that followed, Mara felt guilt settle around her heart like a cloak: damp and oppressive and smothering.

Oh, sweetie . . .

"She is so ... distant, even from me. I try to be patient, but it's hard. She smothers Ben and then holds aloof from him. Poor guy's totally confused. He asked me why Mommy was so sad. When I told her this, she lit into me. I told her I wasn't criticizing, I just wanted her to know that her feelings were affecting him and that any change in her mood he would naturally take as because of something he did."

This too was very real ? she feels guilt, so she holds Luke at arm's length, and she is almost greedy with the child she has. This picture you've painted . . . yeah. My heartstrings are sore. :(

"There's nothing written in duracrete as to how you're supposed to feel or act, or not feel. I just want you to know I love you and haven't lost one smallest particle of faith in you."'

Gosh darnit, but why does Luke always have to be so adorable? He's making it hard for me to wallow in the angst. Really, though, he is being the perfect husband ? supportive and sympathetic. Anything harsher would have destroyed her. :(

They reminisced about Ghent's crushing on Mara in her early days in Karrde's employ.

Shada and Karrde!!!!! Oh, those crazy pair of (not)lovebirds. :p

That line especially had me giggling. Ah, the old days . . . [face_love]

"I know you've suffered a great loss, but I really believe if anyone can draw closer together out of it, it's the two of you." Shada said encouragingly.

It was perfect to have Shada be a voice of wisdom ? she's a lot like Mara in mentality and actuality, and her no nonsense sympathy was perfect for Mara. [face_love]

"Well, you're quite the stunner, and you're extremely competent and brilliant; and Talon's very -- compelling in a hundred different ways. But, that bit of fancy didn't last." Shada admitted. "Once you became fast friends with Luke, it wasn't long before I could tell you were interested in him, definitely."

Let me count the ways . . . [face_whistling] :p

"I never thought it was." Luke said so reassuringly that it healed something deep within that had been afraid he was even unconsciously blaming her. But their bond was still so open and as their consciousnesses overlapped, she could tell he was speaking from the bottom of his heart.

Oh, that was perfect and heartfelt! I love to see mental bonds played around with and explored. =D=

"Ah!" Luke teased, heartened to see her returned serenity. "Are you getting sappy and sentimental on me?"

"In your dreams, Farmboy." She rejoined.

And she's back!!!! [face_dancing]

"That I want another child for the reason I wanted the one we lost."

Leia's eyes were misty and soft. "Love." She murmured.

And such a perfect summary and wrap up of the whole thing. [face_love]

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for such a lovely piece! [:D]

:D

~MJ @};-

6. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    You know... i agree with Mira...you have been holding out on the angst!!!

But that was a beautiful wrap up!

And I wanna see Ben's sister!!!

7. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Very sweet! We have a little stuffed Ewok, too, and my baby loves it [face_blush]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: Soon after the events in A Shade Darker.

Chapter Four: A Joyous Prospect

Mara was elated! The stirrings she'd felt had just been confirmed by the medics. The wonderful aftermath of that big gala had resulted in new life stirring. She could hardly wait to tell Luke.

She had a visit from one of the social service workers to make sure she wasn't having a "regression." She told them she was fine, no flashbacks -- no unwarranted anxieties.

The Jedi healers confirmed her statements. Mara huffed. She knew her mental state and was quite able to report on it accurately, thank you!

Dinner was over, and the Skywalkers were enjoying fruit tarts for dessert.

After Mara and Luke tucked Ben in for the night, she sprang the news on him.

His blue eyes shone, and his euphoria could be felt by any Force sensitive within a parsec!

He rested a hand on her abdomen near where the new life resided and twined his mind with hers. Each sent loving thoughts to the new life, which even now reached back as if he or she knew them.

Mara's eyes grew wide with wonder at this wonderful experience that she had been denied not so many months prior.

Luke stroked her stomach through her cotton blouse, his love for her a warm and shining thing.

[face_dancing]

She was smiling as widely as he was.

It felt as if they'd come a very long way and that a very sweet road lay ahead.

"Do you think Ben will be happy to have a little brother or sister?" Luke asked after a pause.

"Oh I think so." Mara replied. "But please don't tell him a large avian will deliver it to our doorstep."

Luke laughed at her teasing jibe. "I'll tell him the truth: that because Daddy and Mommy love each other, the Maker saw fit to grant us another child to love, someone he too can take care of because he's older and can play with eventually."

"It's wonderful they'll be close in age." Mara mused.

"Something missing from both our childhoods." Luke responded pensively. Then, because his happiness could not be deterred for too long, he gave her a thorough kiss and a tight hug.

As they slept that night curled around each other, they also wrapped their Force presences around the growing child.

++++++

TBC and Squee! a lot.

9. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010

He rested a hand on her abdomen near where the new life resided and twined his mind with hers. Each sent loving thoughts to the new life, which even now reached back as if he or she knew them.

What a sweet line. I'm enjoying this very much! Great update, so sweet.

10. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    So I take it no more angst?

Because that was a sweet, mushy post just to my liking.

Yay, a little sibling for Ben!!!

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    "Oh I think so." Mara replied. "But please don't tell him a large avian will deliver it to our doorstep."

[face_laugh] That was so funny in a very sweet update with the Jedi already feeling the Force from the young life.

Lovely post[:D]

12. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Sigh...I always wanted there to be more Skycrawlers. Imagine what an older Skycrawler could have done during the YV war?

Lovely post. :)

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    After Mara and Luke tucked Ben in for the night, she sprang the news on him.

His blue eyes shone, and his euphoria could be felt by any Force sensitive within a parsec!

I can imagine. So sweet! @};- [face_love]

14. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Great update! A new baby [face_love]

15. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    As they slept that night curled around each other, they also wrapped their Force presences around the growing child.

How adorable!!!!!

16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Too cute [face_love]

Yay! A sibling for Ben! [face_dancing]

17. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    "I'll tell him the truth: that because Daddy and Mommy love each other, the Maker saw fit to grant us another child to love, someone he too can take care of because he's older and can play with eventually."

Perfect explanation. ;)

18. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002

Such a sweet and mushy post [face_love]

Can't wait for more :)

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Chapter Five: A Sweet Bundle of Joy!

Somewhere along the line, they discover that they are going to have a girl! Luke is very happy, and Mara sets about decorating a girl?s room with earnest. Iella and Mirax help out. The latter two insist on cutesy little Bantha and baby Ewok motifs and shades of pink for the walls and a very fluffy baby blanket. Mara rolls her eyes and goes along with their suggestions: they?d each had girls, after all.

Three weeks before the expected delivery date, Luke and Mara have a satchel all packed with her necessaries. The family of one of Ben?s favorite playmates is enlisted to keep Ben for the night.

When the big moment arrives, Luke breaks at least 8 speeder limits getting to the medward.

Han and Leia are there immediately after the Skywalkers arrive, having been alerted by all of the flurry in both Skywalkers? Force presences, thusly hardly needing the comm call.

Luke accompanies the birthing Healer and Mara, looking frazzled. Han grimaces in sympathy.

Mara is working on dampening the labor pangs somewhat through the Force and both parents are sending love to their child.

When the Nurse comes out to say they?d had a healthy delivery only a scant few hours later, (it being a second delivery, it had gone much faster), Leia and Han rush into the room where the parents are oo-ing and ah-ing over their daughter, Brianne.

The aunt and uncle waste no time in joining the praise party. It seems she promises to have both of her parents? coloring: red-blonde hair and blue-green eyes.

Ben looks askance at his new sister as soon as she arrives. He keeps casting curious glances at her.

She has just been fed and is nestled snugly in Mara?s arms, making a beautiful picture, Luke thinks in a most un-biased manner. :p ;)

?What do you think, Ben?? Luke asks his son, putting an arm around him.

?Wow, Papa! Was I ever that little?? Ben asks in wonder.

Both parents share a covert smile.

?Indeed you were!? Mara replies. ?And one day she?ll be as big as you are today, but naturally by then, you?ll be bigger and older.?

This news seemed to be welcome to Ben who reached out a finger to lightly stroke Brianne?s very satiny cheek. This made his grin even larger. :D

Both parents shared a euphoric smile at this. They could tell from the Force as well that Ben had taken a ?shine? to his little sister. @};-

Later, Mara joins Luke on the sofa after they?ve tucked both kids in bed. Her green eyes are full of a tenderness she lets only him see.

?You were a great support to me during all we?ve been through the past few months,? She begins without preamble. ?It was almost like you were holding me together at times. You never lost faith in me, in us. That really means a lot.? She kisses him softly.

Luke wraps her snugly in his embrace and the Force. ?You?ve meant the world to me Mara, practically from the beginning, even when I was too thick-headed to admit it and let you slip away.?

?Glad our paths crossed again, then, aren?t you?? She teased with a smirk.

?I couldn?t begin to tell you.? Luke says sincerely.

?Talk is cheap. Showing?s better.? Mara grinned.

Luke proceeded to do so, within the limits of a very recent birthing and an early morning feeding ? slow and easy ? and very lovingly, as well.

Finis
    ++++

:D

Note to JM77: Worked very hard not to give away any spoilers, LOL since I?m using your timeline :* [face_love]

~

I loved writing this to bits! [face_dancing]

And loved all the splendiferous comments [:D]

20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Such a perfect ending.

@};- :* [face_love] [:D]

21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A perfect ending for a perfect mushy fic by the master of mush[:D][face_love]:*

22. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Yaaaaaay for baby! I always wished they would have more, but with the way profic is, I'm just grateful they even got to have one! :(

Note to JM77: Worked very hard not to give away any spoilers, LOL since I?m using your timeline

Heee, what are you talking about? The universe explodes and everyone dies at the end of my fic! ;) Thanks for using my timeline. :D

23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Great sweet fic. I loved seeing Ben take a shine to his new sister [face_love]

24. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Love the new baby's name. :) Great to see that Mara has completely recovered.

=D=

25. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    YAY!
    Really happy that mara recovered and absolutely love that baby's name!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.