main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your help is needed for a little angel and her family...

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Benae_Quee, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Originally posted by MerlynNy

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that there is now a Website up for collections for Katie and the Johnson Family.

The website addy is http://www.forKatie.org

At the site you can find news on her condition, as well as the various collections going on, and you can even eventually donate directly to the site.

Please spread the word about this site! Put it in your signature lines (much like I have), put it in emails, and posts, spread it to different Fanforce Forums, different Fandom forums... just spread it!

The site is run by Jay Thompson, a good friend of Al's. Jay is also the documentarian doing the filming for "Heart of an Empire - The Fighting 501st."

Katie has a long fight ahead of hear, and it's up to us to be there for her, and cheer for her every SINGLE step of the way!

Thank you all,

*I apologize of this stepping past any bounds, but this sweet little child needs our help. I don't if most people know, but Katie's father, Albin, founded the Fan-Based organization known as the 'fighting 501st'. Katie is the original little trooper in her father's heart, and she is fighting hard to get by. Any amount helps, they need money for the hospital bills, and daily living expenses. Leave a message for her as well, she loves reading them.

2. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    I think it's fine to have this here on the C&P forum, since it concerns a well-known member of the costuming community -- I know everyone wishes nothing but the best for Katie; she's certainly in my thoughts.

3. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    She's in mine as well.

4. paxdelere

paxdelere Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2004
    confusion. donation page is down, but amount currently donanted is posted. is there another site to donate?

5. Angelariel

Angelariel Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2003
    Jay said the link for donations will be activated by Monday.

6. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Donations were taken in person a few weeks ago at a con. The donations page on the site will probably be working soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.