Your Help Needed in Identifying Rare ESB Hoth Poster

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by load-up, May 12, 2011.

1. load-up Jedi Padawan

A long time ago, in a town far, far, away I acquired this beautiful Empire Strikes Back poster.

[image=http://imageshack.us/f/405/rareempirestrikesbackho.jpg/]

This is one of my favorite posters and I have always wondered where it originally came from. Was it a promotional poster for Kenner, Atari or some other licensee? If anyone can identify this poster, please post a reply. If you can not identify this, but know someone who may be able to do so, please send them a link to this topic.

The image in the poster appears to be a painting of a damaged AT-AT smouldering in the snow with Rebel soldiers running by. Below the AT-AT, is a black-and-white logo for The Empire Strikes Back.

This single-sided, rolled poster measures approximately 23-1/2" by 37". At the bottom is printed: "(c) Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back, Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under authorization."

This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Jedi Council Forums, you're my only hope.
  2. Sith_Bounty-Hunter Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not sure where that came from, but its pretty effing sweet !
  3. firesaber Jedi Master

star 3
    I thought I was pretty up on my posters but this ones got me stumped. I started out bombing around the net for what I thought would be a few mins, which turned into like two hours (my wife thanks you, LOL) and the only thing I could find was your same poster being sold by a guy on Ebay who claims the poster is from a marketing campaign for the home video release (laserdisc? VHS?) for ESB. Its the only provenance he provides. I dont have access to my poster book at the moment, so not sure if it shows up there.

Good luck and let us know
  4. load-up Jedi Padawan

Thank you for the feedback! I am very impressed that you were able to find some information on this poster. The Force is strong with this one.
  5. load-up Jedi Padawan

Thanks again for everyone's help in identifying this beautiful poster. Sadly, I need to sell my Star Wars poster collection. If you are interested, you are welcome to bid on eBay.

eBay Item: 230674907170
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230674907170
    Link
  6. load-up Jedi Padawan