main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Home town

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by Darth-Seldon, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I live in a suburb in Rhode Island. It is located on the Bay and we have a national airport. Warwick RI. The Teachers don't have a contract, the city council is corrupt and the Mayor does not like confrontations. It is only a few minutes from the state capital Providence. Then again everything in my state is a few minutes away. We are also a few minutes from Newport. An hour from Boston and a few hours from New York City.

-Seldon

Sorry for the edit.

2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Nice town far away from Indy not to be consider as a suburb of it (yet) and close enough that its only 30 minutes away. Quiet and boring, not a thing to do but they're building a movie theater. Theres a bowling ally that controls the council that keeps things from openning up here for us to do. The mayor is actually cool now, he talks to me and knows my name. But I rent him his movies. Bought the movie pass from me very cool guy. There are pretty wooded areas.

Its the number one county and city to live in thats the richest, out of all of them in the United States. It is true if you can afford to live in these areas your not as bad off as you think you are. Despite what the preppy gangsta thug wanna be kids would tell you. There aren't any gangs. Just a bunch of rich kids with to much time on their hands. And those who aren't working their tales off just so their kids can go to a good school system.

~PK~

3. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Well, it depends on what you mean by 'home town'. There was the town in which I was born, the town in which I spent the first year of my life, the town in which I spent the subsequent 9 years of my life, and the town in which I've spent the last 6 years.

The first of these would be Attleborough, Massachusetts, and the second North Attleborough, Massachusetts. I don't remember the first year of my life, nor would I like to, as I always found the Attleboroughs to be rather unpleasant and grimy suburbs with not the charms of Boston, nor Providence, nor the smaller towns.

My true home town, I'd say, would be Mansfield, Massachusetts. Just a wonderful suburban town, with plenty of forests and fields and rivers between the quaint old New England houses and numerous small businesses. A lovely place that offered me so many great memories...the bright orange and gold sugar maples in the fall, the white pines...the white Christmases and April blizzards...good times. :) It was a decently-sized town with lots of business and tons of incoming residents, building new, pricy, but lovely developments...it just got a little too populated after a while. It's still a great New England town, but people and big businesses are evil. :(

And then there's Bristol, New Hampshire...where I've spent my recent years. It's rural, extremely quaint and surrounded by New England's natural beauty, but it's rather boring, to say the least. Plus...waaay too many hicks. We have one stop light in town. But I live right on one of the cleanest lakes in North America, and I have a very pleasant view from my bedroom window here. And I can walk up the hill to get a pretty good view of the lake in its entirety:

[image=http://ninnet.homestead.com/files/PDC_0009.jpg]

4. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    I live in Hickville, TX. Our neighbors have four toilets tied to a tree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.