main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Your Ideal Opening Crawl (First lines or entire thing)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Articulate, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyDarkstar

MyDarkstar Jedi Master star 1

Nov 8, 2014
    Everybody has been partying for 30 years
    Can you believe that ? 30 years.

oh yha, and Lando's dead
    Well, not really, we just wanted to get a different black guy

btw - Leia's really fat
    Like REALLY fat
    Don't expect another gold bikini

GregMcP and dekaneas like this.
  2. XAeon

XAeon Jedi Master star 1

Apr 4, 2004
    Three generations ago, there was a vergence in the Force.​
    The Jedi had discovered the One who was to restore balance.​
    Unaware of direct imbalance - the Jedi remained skeptical of Anakin Skywalker,​
    reduced to pawns of a Republic being systematically dismantled by the Sith.​
    The Chosen One, Darth Vader, sought to withdraw the galaxy into his darkness.​
    Upon the twilight of Darth Vader rose a Rebellion.​
    Vader's unbeknownst offspring independently grew to challenge the Empire.​
    The Skywalker twins emerged to unite patriot and criminal and droid alike​
    to eliminate the darkness of the Sith and destroy the Empire.​
    Vader met their challenge and destroyed the Emperor, Darth Sidious...​
    A generation has passed the vanquishing of the Sith.​
    Endless campaigns have squashed the old Empire into thugs on outlying worlds​
    and the galactic Alliance has fostered a vestigial New Republic.​
    Despite reconstruction, a divergence of the Force has been discovered.​
    The Force Awakens...​

3. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    Leia's illegitimate human/hutt hybrid child with jabba, has assumed a new choke hold on the galaxy, and luke must kill his own nephew.

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  4. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    STAR WARS

Episode VII

THE FORCE AWAKENS

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown... the mysterious. The unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now, for the first time, we are bringing to you, the full story of what happened on that fateful day. We are bringing you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimony, of the miserable souls, who survived this terrifying ordeal. The incidents, the places. My friend, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty. Let us reward the innocent. My friend, can your heart stand the shocking facts of Gungan strippers assuming control of the alliance?​

JoshieHewls and Darth Calvin like this.
  6. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Is it 100% confirmed that we'll get the episode # in the opening scroll? It sure seems like by the marketing people, it's just going to Star Wars: The Force Awakens?

I'm kind of rooting for the roman numeral.

7. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Episode 7 ​
    The Force Awakens.​
    A Fragile Truce.​
    After decades of war, the newly formed Republic and remnants of the Galactic Empire stand on the edge of a delicate truce. Star systems throughout the galaxy, ravaged by war begin to rebuild amongst the uneasy peace. Distrustful of the Empire, Prime Minister Leah Organa has ordered the search for an ancient weapon that will destroy the Empire once and for all. ​

Hogarth Wrightson and SLASHAXL like this.
  8. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I'll eat my feet if there isn't Episode VII sandwiched between STAR WARS and THE FORCE AWAKENS in the opening crawl..

9. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Yes it's already been said by the Disney folks when the title was announced.

10. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    yes, no kidding. Why do people keep asking that question??

If you saw ESB and ROTJ during their original release - the episode number was there on the crawl. There is your answer.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  11. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Yep. I was also privvy to that announcement. ;)

12. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Can somebody provide a source?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it. Thankfully it will be in.

http://www.theforce.net/story/front...I_Will_Be_Called_The_Force_Awakens_160763.asp

13. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Only the spinoffs won't have an Episode #... because they're spinoffs, not part of the numbered episodes. The lack of VII in most marketing is simply a return to OT form; the PT put too much emphasis on the numbers in the marketing, possibly so audiences would realize they were prequels rather than sequels (and that still didn't stop people from saying "Why is Luke a little kid in this one? Shouldn't he be, like, a lot older?" in 1999)

Dak Oolron and Darth_Articulate like this.
  14. AdamSkywalker

AdamSkywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2014
    The first line will obviously be "Mesa so happy to see yous again in da theater!"

15. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Star Wars:

Episode VII

The Force Awakens

Freedom is born anew. After their triumphant victory over the dreaded Emperor Palpatine, the Rebel Alliance has reestablished the former GALACTIC REPUBLIC and shattered the once fearsome Imperial Star Fleet into competing factions of warlords.

Despite this, threats remain to the young democracy. Seeking the location of the long vanished Lord Darth Vader, Sith inquisitor, Kylo Ren, awaits news aboard his Star Destroyer from a special Imperial task force, sent to survey the ruins from the now infamous moon of Endor for clues to his whereabouts...

16. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Not sure it'd take thirty years until Endor was searched, if they were looking for Darth Vader...

Dak Oolron likes this.
  17. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    That's because they thought it was "Episode I", following Episodes F, G & H. You just can't win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    Star wars episode 7

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Both celebrated victory too soon:p

19. Darth Calvin

Darth Calvin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 9, 2015
    I Are The Internets, that's hilarious [face_laugh] What a juxtaposition!

20. Ditolus

Jan 22, 2005
    I hope the opening line of the new crawl is something like, "The prequels do not exist"

21. Ditolus

Jan 22, 2005
    so are u saying the first shot of ep. 7, will be the final battle of the civil war?

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Ditolus - Prequel bashing is a violation of our rules. Double posting is a violation of our rules. Please stop this pointless crime spree that you are currently on.

23. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    We've had threads about opening crawls. They are buried somewhere I can't find. But the end up being mockeries.

So, this is a place for us to actually compose an opening crawl that would work in context to the spoilers we've gotten from MSW.

I for one am stumped. The crawl will have to discuss (1) the state of the galaxy, (2) the goals of the evil doers and (3) lead into the search for the lightsaber.

24. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014
    is it confirmed there will be a crawl?

25. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Uh yeah, there will be. It's not a question.

The thing I struggle with is how in the world to have the last paragraph lead into the floating lightsaber without giving it away what it is and where it comes from. The only thing I can come up with is:

As the Galactic Alliance struggles against the reorganized Empire, both sides eagerly seek a mysterious artifact that could hold the power of victory...

Perhaps someone could offer a way to make it sound better?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.