main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Your Least Favorite Scene from the Originals

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Wouldn't be the first thread I've started here to match a thread in the PT section

Go!

Andy Wylde likes this.
  2. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Ok...

I don't much enjoy the whole sequence on Endor after they're captured and 3PO is mistaken for a deity and recounts the story to the Ewoks with sound effects.

Jedi Rocks I can take or leave. Preferably leave.

In SW and TESB I really can't think of a single scene that I don't like.

Yanksfan likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Don't honestly know.

4. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Jedi Rocks is my least favorite. I was recently watching ROTJ with my husband (who had never seen it before), and I was a bit embarassed by it.

I'm not a huge fan of that scene either, actually. The way the sound effects seemingly come out of nowhere always bothered me a bit.

5. Darth Ardyti

Darth Ardyti Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2014
    Jedi Rocks. Feels like a bad Disney attraction to me, which is kind of funny considering who ended up buying the franchise. Actually, I think the song itself is okay, even almost kind of catchy, it's Joh Yowza that bugs me

Sarge likes this.
  6. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    That's a good point. I don't mind the song itself so much, it's the blatant use of Joh and Sy in (by today's standards) an archaic CGI-fest of obnoxiousness. If they would've kept the Sy puppet and introduced a new Joh puppet, that may not have been so bad. But instead of being a scene that more or less simply exists in the background in order to introduce the rancor and highlight Leia and Chewie's arrival, it now hijacks the film in an attempt to be a showstopper.

DL44Jo and Sarge like this.
  7. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    Jedi Rocks. I cringe when it comes on. The original Sy Snootles version was much better.

Some scenes in ANH seem to drag such as the Threepio walking through the desert scenes and the trash compactor.

8. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    While Jedi Rocks doesn't bother me too much - I can take it or leave it - burping and drooling aliens at Jabba's Palace are a bit too much for me. (And I loved the bean scene in Blazing Saddles!)
    Also that bare chested guy crying over the rancor's death just came off as ridiculous.

9. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    Probably the short scene in ROTJ where Leia breaks the news (..."He's my brother"...) to Han.

Really clunky and embarrassing to me (especially how H. Ford delivers his lines...). I dont believe it for a second ! [face_laugh]

Awful.

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
  11. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    you scruffy looking nerfherder!!!

12. DL44Jo

DL44Jo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 7, 2014
    EDIT: Did not mean for my post to be in response to this post. Sorry! :/

13. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    - ANH Mos Eisley intro scenes with the Ronto and assorted other terrible CGI dinosaurs
    - ANH Jabba in the docking bay scene
    - ROTJ Jedi Rocks
    - ESB The really obviously inserted from ROTJ shuttle landing sequence at the end of ESB

14. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    ANH the Han & Jabba scene -- makes Jabba too cartoony. The guy was supposed to be a lethal gangster.

ESB Not really a 'least favorite' scene but I wish rather than having Han et al hang out in a space slug's belly for half the movie they got to the Cloud City earlier.

ROTJ: The sing along in Jabba's palace.

15. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    ANH: After the Tantive IV, things get a bit dull for a while (R2 & C3PO wandering through the desert, the jawas, etc.)

ESB: "Two fighters against a Star Destroyer?" (okay, that's a line, not a scene. I can't really think of an entire scene that I dislike.)

ROTJ: As many others have said, "Jedi Rocks." Actually, Jabba's palace, in general, overstays its welcome, but Jedi Rocks certainly doesn't help.

Sarge likes this.
  16. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Two things:

The SE Jabba scene in ANH. I don't mind most edits but this was my least favorite by a huge margin... and I don't even care who shoots first.

And the ROTJ Jabba sequence in general, because the rescue plan makes no actual sense. ILM also bit off a bit more than they could chew with trying to make Boba Fett a dynamic element in the sail barge battle, and ends up coming off a bit clumsy. Another reason why I prefered Jango since 2002.

I guess I just don't like Jabba that much...

Gotta go with Force Smuggler as far as ESB is concerned - my least favorite part is when the credits start rolling.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    True, it sucks the movie is over, but at the same time…the music is *sooo* good, that I actually enjoy the credits quite a bit. Makes me want to watch it all over again. :)

Darth Eddie and Force Smuggler like this.
  18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    That annoying dancing scene in RoTJ.

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Okay. Let me rephrase then. The moment the credits are over.

Yanksfan likes this.
  20. DL44Jo

DL44Jo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 7, 2014
    The 1997 version dance scene in Jabba's palace, hands down!

VadersLaMent likes this.
  21. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Gotta go with the popular opinion on this one - Jedi Rocks. It's the one scene in the OT I genuinely cringe at and usually skip (which I always do for the track itself when listening to the soundtrack album).

The original version in the OOT was also probably one of my least favourite scenes prior to the SE's, for that matter - but Jedi Rocks is unbearably awful, not just sub par, and has dated even worse in 17 years than Lapti Nek has in 31.

DL44Jo and Sarge like this.
  22. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Jedi Rocks. It's the only time I will hit the Fast Forward button during the OT.

DL44Jo likes this.
  23. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I called out ESB just earlier today in another thread on the mediocre special effect of the belly of the space slug. So to update I guess I'd have to report that scene as my least favorite of ESB.

24. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I'm beginning to wonder if I should have added the condition that it be scenes from the OOT lol. I expected a lot of Jedi Rocks mentions, but damn

darklordoftech, Andy Wylde and DL44Jo like this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Lapti Nek fits the tone of Jabba's Palace better than Jedi Rocks. The aliens were better in Jedi Rocks but overtook the scene from Jabba and Oola imo.