main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your LEAST favorite SW character?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by kaijueiga, Jun 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    Del Rey official with the bright idea of killing Jimmy...

Okay, really:

Nom Anor
    Lomi and Welk(SbS)
    Raynar Thul/Dad
    Callista

To whoever posted, the alien at the bar in ANH is Kabe. Just thought you'd like to know. ;)

2. Draco_Starcloud

Draco_Starcloud Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    Yea! Jimmy's dead! Fianlly! (Just kidding.)

I'm gonna say Nom Anor and Jar Jar.

Nom Anor is spineless! He is a cowardly Yuuzhan Vong! I hope Leia rips out his throat!

Jar Jar is annoying.

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The weird woman who replaced Leia in the Crystal Star and every appearence where she claims not to be a Jedi when the real princess Leia is a Jedi master by now.

"Boba Fett and the Assaisin Droids" and their entire Kriffin Trilogy!

Explanation: If anyone has the RPG supplement Fragments from the Rim Boba Fett and the Assaisin Droids are a band from the Outer rim that specializes in really bad violent music. In this case I'm pretending the Bounty Hunter wars was about this band rather than acknwoledge their namesakes (Bossk, Zuckuss, etc) were actually involved.

Amidala...

*must*

*Keep*

*straight*

*face*

HAHAHAHAHAH

Okay kidding, everyone loves Amidala

4. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Least favorite characters...hmmm, interesting.

Boba Fett: Everyone made such a huge deal out of this guy, and his development in the Star Wars movies have been very near zero. As for the books, I find it difficult to chear for the badguys, a little like egging Thomas Covenant on after he committed rape, I just can't do it. Same goes for Aurra Sing.

Thrawn: While the initial concept was alright, the whole 'I gain insights into a species ability to conduct warfare through observing their art' idea was just down right silly. Unless Thrawn had a psi power like Combat Genius or Combit Precognition, then I can't see how he was believable. Plus, the sycophantic adoration he earned really turned me off. And he died stupidly.

Borsk Fey'lya: He held power longer than was believable. And I'm sorry no one told him the Emperor let the Bothans steal the Death Star plans to his face, and they're deaths were essentially meaningless.

Kyp Durron: He Smack! Just Smack! Doesn't Smack! Learn Smack!

5. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    That Akanah girl or whatever her name was. Then Callista. Then Krap- oh, sorry, I mean Kyp.

6. Red-gold03

Red-gold03 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Akanah "Slut" Pell or whatever her name was.

Callista "Night of the Body Snatcher" whatever.

Tenel "Limited Vocabulary" Ka. Fact? I got your 'Fact' right here...

Zekk "More useless than a chair in a Buddhist monastery" whatever.

Everyone in the Crystal Star. Even the main characters. That book was like a bad trip.

7. Draco_Starcloud

Draco_Starcloud Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    Eek. Don't let her snatch my body.

And why everything have to have some sort of super power to be really good at something?

Thrawn is a genius! I'm positive he can really gain insight into a culture's personality and thinking with their art.

And I still hate Borsk!

And Crystal Star, unfortunatley, is one of the only Star Wars books I regret buying.

8. AthyraFire

AthyraFire Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    my least favorite list:

1) Borsk Fey'lya
    2) Borsk Fey'lya
    3) Borsk Fey'lya
    4) Admiral Daala
    5) Boba Fett
    6) Dath Maul (he was defeated by an apprentice! get over him already!)
    7) Mon Mothma (the personality of a dish rag)
    8) any other undeveloped character that too many people rave about.

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Kyp
    Callista
    Zekk
    Tenel Ka
    Jar-Jar Binks
    Xaverri (sp?)

10. Darth-Curtis

Darth-Curtis Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2001
    Why does everyone hate Kyp Durron?

If everyone was like Kyp Durron the Yuuzhan Vong would be gone.

All you people saying that Kyp Durron will never learn the ways of the Jedi... dangit

Luke's trying to be Gandhi or something and Kyp is trying to be George Patton go get em lick their butt Patton.
    He's to brash and violent you say?
    hello? Violence wins wars. It's a sad sad fact of life that no one seems to realize except Kyp and his followers. I do not condone violence but when an enemy is destroying billions of people you cant sit there and play with your thumbs you gotta go fight.

Kyp Durron absolutely rocks no matter how much the authors and DelRey editors try to paint him as the bad Jedi, I will always sneer at Luke and his stupid philosphy.

11. Maverick15

Maverick15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Yeah I seem to remember a time just recently passed where Luke was wasting time in a villa on Coruscant while the very knights he helped teach were getting slaughtered. That shows how much he cares about the jedi. Then he sets up a stupid meeting(Conquest) and clearly loses a verbal match with Kyp. Kyp was talking plain sense while Luke kept dithering and pontificating that people needed to stay rational..yeah with the whole galaxy falling on them. Something Kyp says sums it up right, Luke refers to this as a "crisis" Kyp a massacre. Know I think I tend to agree with the latter..especially After reading starbystar, so if Luke still thinks it's a crisis he must of gained his newfound dementedness from his wife, the most selfish jedi in the universe.

Least Liked: Mara Jade- she must of completed her jedi training by seducing the knowledge out of Luke in a "one on one course" cause she sure as hell seems like one of the dumbest knights of the NJO

Luke Skywalker- Seems like the only reason left on why he cares about the new jedi order is because they are the only thing protecting his beloved Ben who I think will turn ot more spoiled than the solo kids(they are alright).

12. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    "If everyone was like Kyp Durron the Yuuzhan Vong would be gone."

Well if you mean everybody was a Jedi (even if a poor adherent to the Jedi philosophy), then yes. And if you mean if everyone had a commandeered superweapon, definitely. But if everyone was like they are now except more aggressive and shortsighted, then no, the Vong would hardly have to invade. The fools would just throw themselves onto their amphistaffs.

I must say I don't care for the portrayal of post TTT Mara. The magic is gone.

13. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Jacen: Once upon a time, Jacen was a badass. He was interesting, and knew how to have fun, to a degree. But now he's an outspoken jerk! It's rather selfish of him to think that he HAS to be right about the "way the Force works". And he's so gestapo about it, too!

Mara: I used to LOVE Mara's character. SHe was fun and funny! And intense! But what happened? Now she's a boring old betty!

Luke: I don't even need to mention how far downhill he's come. Whatever happened to the imperious, powerful Luke we saw in ROTJ? He turned into EU Luke; and I now dislike him for the same reasons I dislike Jacen.

These three are ruining it for me. I can see why Mara isn't helping out any, but she can at least be making witty quips while changing diapers. The other two are just dumb; Luke has lost his edge, and Jacen idolozes him so much that he isn't even developing one.

But that's just my thoughts.

14. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000
    6) Dath Maul (he was defeated by an apprentice! get over him already!)
    8) any other undeveloped character that too many people rave about.

Aurra Sing, anyone?

Actually, Darth Maul was defeated *soundly* by an apprentice. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.