Your least favourite bit of the OT

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Handmaiden-Kabe, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
  1. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    [*sigh*]

Yes, she does know Breha was not her real mother. That's why Luke asks her:

LUKE: Leia... do you remember your mother? Your real mother?

Notice that Leia does not say: "Real mother? What are you talking about?"
  2. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    O-OT

I never really cared for how Han was turned into comic relief in ROTJ. He was so cool in the first two movies and came off as a caricature of himself in the final episode. He deserved better.

SE

The Jabba scene in ANH is completely redundant and unnecessary. It never should have been put back in. It should be a cool deleted scene, not part of the movie.

DVD release

Anakin's young visage at the end of ROTJ. It grates me everytime. It might, might be easier to swallow if Hayden actually gave a performance in that scene, but as it stands now, it's poorly "acted", jarring, and doesn't make a lick of sense. It's a tacked on forced link to the prequels and while I understand some people's view that Sebastian Shaw isn't "Anakin", he makes more sense than a young Hayden Christensen. But I digress.
  3. GeneralBryanMoonstar Jedi Padawan

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

Wow..my above was on the WRONG subject...

4. DarkStarkiller Jedi Master

star 4
    The lightsaber battles - they just weren't done well

Both ESB and ROTJ - Vader wants him and Luke to kill the Emporer so they can rule the galaxy, but then he stops Luke when he is about to strike down Palpatine. What's up with that?
  5. Yoda_Friend Jedi Padawan

After seeing the lightsabre fights in the PT, the ones in the OT are a little duller. I also wish the lightsabres were brighter colors.
  6. Darth_Laudrup Force Ghost

star 4

as I see it, Vader wants Luke to make a conscious choice and not a choice based on impulse.
  7. obi-rob-kenobi4 Force Ghost

star 4
    well as much as i love the ot there are a few things that need improving like in ROTJ it always bothered me that the lightsaber duel between luke and vader was not long enough.its the last one so they should have showed a lot more there. also the space battle in ROTJ should be a lot better and bigger.
  8. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    If you go by the RotJ novel Vader knew Luke wasn't angry enough that killing the Emperor would drive him to the Dark Side, and he couldn't afford to have Luke kill his master and walk away a Jedi.
  9. SoonerSean Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can't say anything bad about ANH simply b/c of the time it was made, i.e. any "silly" SFX were amazing at the time. And when you read about all the struggles Lucas faced with Fox... what we ended up with is pretty amazing. So I can't say that the duel between Obi Wan and Vader was poorly done.

So I'll go with, as others have said, sticking in the Jabba scene in the SE. What makes it painful to me, aside from what I think is pretty poor CGI work for Jabba, is the dialogue. Virtually every word is straight from the scene between Han and Greedo.

Empire - nothing really upsets me about ESB. Again though, in the SE, I don't care for the use of the "new" Boba's voice.

ROTJ - aside from the Ewoks and the musical number in Jabba's Palace in the SE... the speeder bike scenes have always been a little off-putting to me b/c Luke and Leia never appear to be all that wind-blown. Here they are racing around at high speed and their ponchos barely flap around. Whoever was running the wind machines that day must have accidentally set the speed to LOW. I also think the scale appears to change too much at times, i.e. when you're clearly watching a miniature rider the trees are huge, but when you're "on" the bikes with a real actor - the trees seem much smaller. Those shots are probably my least favorite b/c I just never believed in the blue screen work even as a kid. They just never seemed to be really in the woods. I think amping up the wind would have helped. It just seems too obvious that whenever they're on an actor that said actor is on a sound stage somewhere. I'm surprised that they didn't take them out into the woods on a speederbikes mountained on a trailer and then actually drive them through the woods vs. blue screen for everything. It's kinda like in T2 when they're in the cop car after freeing Sarah Connor - you can tell that they're on a stage somewhere as the background bounces by.
  10. SithMaster_69 Jedi Knight

star 2
    4 me:

ESB: the addition of the scenes of Vader's shuttle heading to his SSD. NOT needed!

The re-written dialogue between Palps & Vader. He called Luke "Skywalker". He's got to know he was his son..but related anyhow! Unless the name Skywalker is like Smith or Jones in that galaxy!:rolleyes:

RoTJ: the Ewoks! C'mon, these guys r supposed to be THE BEST of the Empire troops. Even Palps says this. Yet, they get whipped by Teddy bears from space! WHAT THE HELL!!!!! Just improbable & stupid.

The musical sequence in Jabba's palace.

The Sarlacc beak. Nuff said.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.