Lightsabers & Blasters Your Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Azure_Edge, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah that was my make a saber-in-a-rush attempt, took two days including the paint drying :p If i can get it back i've got some plans for that saber, including new grip, new paint, new emitter section, new base and i'll change the belt ring to a larger D ring. For a made in 2 days saber it's not bad.

I'm messing about with some chrome tube that i got from work, there's some nice things you can do if you have the right equipment and time. My Dooku saber has been on hold for 4 months, simply because i'm missing the stuff i need to get it to the right level of workmanship that i want, my previous attempt was pretty much duct tape on a vacuum cleaner handle :p
  2. plokoon480 Jedi Master

star 4
    Would anyone here like to sell me one plese?
    I want just the hilt,no blade.I am trying to get a cheap one.
  3. anakin_sky Jedi Knight

star 2
    Those sabers look really cool. Great job :D
  4. DirectorBilly Jedi Padawan

I'm working on a fan film and i need alot of help from alot of different people. More importantly sabers. I'm looking for someone to design a number of sabers for the project (5 in total, 3 jedi and 2 sith). They need to be made to hold wooden dowels for the fighting sequences. Your contributions will be credited in the film and website. E-mail me at greenweeze@yahoo.com if you are interested in contributing.

Your sabers look amazing
  5. robo_obi Force Ghost

star 4
    here are two designs for sabers i am yet to make......there is a third design that i am actually making but haven't made a computer done version of it....that will come soon...

anyway

http://www.geocities.com/robo_obi/saber1.gif (doesn't have an emmitter guard yet....a design for that stumped me)
    http://www.geocities.com/robo_obi/saber2.gif

the third design has a cut away grip with gold accents(yes i am a senior jedi council member so :p )
  6. BroodMcEto Jedi Master

star 4
    I just finished my Ep3 Anakin/Vader saber today. It's my prediction of what we'll see in Ep3.

[image=http://members.cox.net/tmcelroy2/pictures/saber.jpg]
    [image=http://members.cox.net/tmcelroy2/pictures/Ep3ASsaber.jpg]

More
  7. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Those look great, Brood! The preview pics look funny because of their demensions. They looked like marshmallow sabers or something. Very nice work.
  8. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    what did you use for the emitter shroud material?
  9. Dice_Ibegon Jedi Padawan

Hi all this is my first post and I thought that I would show my Yoda saber that I just finished about an hour ago.
    Yoda Saber I hope that yall enjoy it!
  10. BroodMcEto Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, Joe. I think it looks funny too. Makes the real picture look too long and skinny. :p

JediDragon, I used the thinner 1.5 in. PVC pipe, not the SCH40 crap. I mitred the end to a 45 degree angle and then cut another 45 degree angle, but not all the way through. Then I used a rotary tool (dremel, wizard, etc.) to cut the other parts out. It's cheap (around $1.50 for 10ft.) so you can screw up a few times like i did and it doesn't matter.

I just took the Style VI saber from the Big Yellow Box site and changed it to meet my needs.

Thanks again...

and Dice, I like your yoda saber.
  11. Marna_Veign Jedi Master

star 4
    I just finished my lightsaber handle today. Purely decoration, not a dueling one.

It is made out of plastic canvas, yarn, a 1 3/4 inch wooden dowel, and a keyring.

I wish I had a picture of it, but I don't have the means, so I will describe it.

It has a red button, and around that is a black diamond shape. there is also an off-white square around the button.

On the lower handle, I have three black 'grips' with arrows on both ends. The bottom 1 1/2 inch is off white, and there are 3 inlaid 'jewels', blue, red, and green, lined up with the arrows.

The dowel is inside to help keep the shape.

I have worked so hard in it and I am glad I got it done in time for Halloween.
  12. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    What are you guys using for buttons? I used a button from an old NES controller, and I love it.
  13. Doright Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I use Furniture Tacks. Easy to paint what ever color you want and you can glue them or nail them on.
  14. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm just really anal and I like having a button that actually presses down.
  15. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Unfortunatly, I have no talent what-so-ever in lightsaber building, so I'm just gonna save up for ages, and ages, and ages, and ages, and buy a good one.
  16. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    anyone have a good list of sites to purchase sabers and blades from?
    i know about the main ones..parksabers,creative force,lightech..etc.

any others out there?

thanks for the help!
  17. Marna_Veign Jedi Master

star 4
    "What are you guys using for buttons?"

For my plastic canvas lightsaber, I stitched 3 squares of plastic canvas together and stitched it onto the hilt.

But you probably meant the other sabers, huh?
  18. robo_obi Force Ghost

star 4
    well heres the computer done pic of my third saber...as promised.....i'll post pics of the finished saber as soon as i get it finished and photographed.....it needs some filing and some more work o the lathe done to it

htpp://www.geocities.com/robo_obi/saber3.gif
  19. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    can you get that thinner pvc pipe at lowe's? the only stuff I ever see there is the regular stuff...
  20. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    also, what did you use to paint it?
  21. BroodMcEto Jedi Master

star 4
    JD, you can get the stuff at Lowe's. I don't have any right now, but it's thinner walled. The thicker stuff is SCH-40, the thinner stuff has a Max PSI of like 160 or so. SCH-40 has a Max PSI of 320 or so. It's cheap and easy to cut with a rotary tool.

To paint it, I was originally going to use this stuff (also at Lowe's) called Plasti Dip. It's used to give a nice rubber grip to tools and stuff. It is really nice, but it had a draw back. I could only find the actual dipping stuff, and it worked great with a little trimming, but because of the process, it coats the inside as well. That made it too thick to go on the sink pipe. After several tries and different attacks (painting it on) I gave up and used a flat black spray paint. If you can find the black spray Plasti Dip, I would use that. You'll get a great look and can prevent the inside of the tube from getting thicker.

If you can finde the spray kind, that's great, but you'll need time and patience to work with the dipping kind.
  22. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    cool, I think a friend of mine has some of the spray stuff, so he should be able to tell me where to get it. If nothing else, I might be able to jury rig something w/ the dip...

thanks!
  23. Jedi_Pilot Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, JD, I got my Plasti-Dip spray at Home Depot in the adheseves section, back with the epoxy resins.
  24. BroodMcEto Jedi Master

star 4
    That's cool. We don't have a Home Depot yet, but will soon!
  25. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    cool, thanks terry, I'll check there!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.