main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Your Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Azure_Edge, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Are you planning on having the end of the stick light up? (I'm assuming that would be the whole point :p )

I would go about building the lightsaber first. I'd make a 1.25" LED saber, then get a solid polycarbonate rod and have someone machine it down a bit so it tapers. Fit that to the lightsaber, once you've built it.

A rod like this is what I'd use:
    [image=http://www.usplastic.com/images/products/sheet/43254p.jpg] This is from usplastic.com
    Don't use acrylic, that plastic type would be too brittle, if you were actually planning to use it. If you're just going to show it, then it would be ok.

I think it's a cool idea, if you can do it. I wouldn't think it would be too hard, once you learn more about lightsabers, if you don't know much yet.

You can get lightsaber building ideas and tutorials here, if you didn't know by reading enough of this thread.

2. Rynne_Lunasol

Rynne_Lunasol Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2007
    At first it was a joke amongst me and my pool playing friends as we would pretend that our cue sticks were lightsabers and as we were waiting to take turns to shoot pool we'd have practice duels. Then I realized, hey maybe if I work hard enough I could make a lightsaber styled cue stick, so here I am!
    Thanks for the links,. I'll be sure to read them. Oh thank you so much for the image, because I did need to see an example before I actually went out and bought everything. Also I know that the whole thing would be completely pointless if I don't find a handle with a grip that I can use to shoot with. I'm leaning towards a Mace Windu handle (if I can find one that is), or the Anakin Skywalker version from Episode III. I just hope I don't break it as soon as I complete it. I do hope to be able to craft one that does light up if I want it to, but if I can't then I'll find some other way of alluding to the power of the lightsaber. Thank you Jedi Loreen for all the support.

3. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I would love to see this project come to fruition. ;) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.