main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You'r lucky you don't taste good

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darthmalius, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthmalius

Darthmalius Jedi Master star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    It's in the sceenplay, the anoted one I have for the entier ot. However I haven't seen it in since the oiginal release of ESB does anybody know why?

It's what Luke says so R2 after the monster in the Dagoba swamps spits him out.

2. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    When Lucas made the SE's that line was replaced. I'm guessing the audio of the original line recording was up to snuff so they used an alternate take.

L8r

3. Darthmalius

Darthmalius Jedi Master star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    ah that would suck I loved that line it's one of the only things I remember about seeing it oiginaly.

4. Obladi_Oblada

Obladi_Oblada Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2005
    I miss that line. It's so much better than, "You were lucky to get out of there." There are other lines like this but I can't remember any specific ones. Does anybody else remember any replaced lines?

5. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    Didn't they change one of Han's lines in ROTJ as he's trying to save Lando from falling into the Sarlacc's mouth?

I'm thinking of the exchange between Han and Lando as Han, still half-blind, aims a gun at the Sarlacc in order to distract him. Lando says "I thought you were blind" and in the SE Han answers "I can see a lot better".

But I think that in the OOT Han said "trust me".

Another change is in ESB. Right after duel Vaders says "alert my Star Destroyer..". In the original release Vader said "bring my shuttle". Obviously this change was made necessary after including the sequence with Vader's shuttle flying from Cloud City.

EDIT: Forgot to say that in all these cases, as well as the original example in this thread, I find that the changed lines are not as good as the original ones.

6. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    Wasn't it "Hey, it's me"?

7. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Yea. It had to do with the audio.

8. Genrader

Genrader Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2003
    After I watch ESB and ROTJ again this weekend, I'm going towatch my VHS of the originals and see what changes I like/dontlike.

9. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    This is just one reason why I love my originals. [face_love]

10. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    This is just one reason why I love my originals.
    Do you have them on Bootleg? How are they?

I'll keep it quiet[face_shhh]

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I have the originals on THX 95 edition VHS as well as on Laserdisc and copied to DVDs. Nice to have, though I also have the official DVDs.

I do miss this line in the SE DVDs :( It has always been a favourite of mine. But, to be fair, it wasn't a change that was really intentional on Lucasfilm's part.

-sj loves kevin spacey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.