main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your member pic with lightsaber

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I just saw the coolest idea on the chapter rep board to get new members. This is from the Sacremento CA group...
    One thing I forgot to mention is what we will be doing at the DVD event...

We plan to set up a booth to take pictures with the audience.

First ....
    I take my laptop or desktop computer, set it up on a table. I have both Jasc - Paintshop Pro 7 (my favorite) and Adobe Photoshop on my computer.

Second ....
    Set up my digital camera on a tripod and connect it to my computer via firewire.

third ....
    Set up my simple green screen background. It doesn't take much. With such an event 9 or 10 large neon green poster boards will work. Stable them altogether, and place them on a piece of erect plywood.

Fourth ....
    Place a couple of cheap halogen floor lamps around the background to light it properly.

Fifth ....
    Set a few of my custom built light sabers (yes I build quality ones) and a couple of Imperial Blasters on the table

Sixth ....
    hook up a photo printer to the computer

Seventh ....
    Get some Jedi and Stormtroopers advertising to have your picture taken with a Jedi, Stormtrooper, or by yourself with a light saber or blaster in a Star Wars setting.

Eighth ....
    Tell people you will take their pic with a Star Wars charcter or not, holding a light saber which will have a glowing blade of their choice color. Or shooting several blaster bolts from a blaster. And give them several Star Wars backgrounds to choose from.

Ninth ....
    Then give them the option to print out a picture (which you only charge an amount to pay for the printer ink, and paper, making sure to tell them that its only a charity fund raiser) or, for free, send it to an email address. If I can swing it, I am going to get a second monitor so they can see it before I print or send it. I can create an image like this in a matter of 4 or 5 minutes. LOL

This is a cool way to inform people about your chapter and THEFORCE.NET. Also, make enough money to pay for the paper and ink.

I've done this before. It may sound like a lot of set up and stuff, but actually, its really easy and quick. Besides the poster board, the materials used can be found at member's houses.

Just remember to advertise your chapter, and when your next meeting is.
    I'm going to get a new laptop anyway next week since I have to take the six sigma course at NC State.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.