main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Your most underrated Star Wars EU character?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    One thing the old EU had was tons of characters. Some became huge fan favorites like Mara Jade or Darth Revan, but many did't get noticed by fans. So which are your personal favorite or favorites, those that you feel should of had more of the spotlight?

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think it could be validly said for almost every one of them now since many now brush the EU off as invalid. Which I don't agree with at all. I'd say Anakin and Jacen Solo pre-the Vong mess. Zekk, Emteedee, Lowie, Voss Parack (sp), Gilad, Piett, Jerjarrod, Dooku, Tarpals, Tarkin (still waiting for someone do do this man right). I know all have fans but it's not so much about popularity or not for me but that I consider them worthy of having complex work done involving them that doesn't utterly deny their essence or Humanity. Not to mention most of these characters are dead and I think it was poorly or needlessly done. Handling is key for me.

3. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Executor Sedriss!!!

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Ludo Kressh

5. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I don't hear much about Ganner Rhysode but I think he had the most badass last stand in any Star Wars related media.

6. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Rohlan Dyre for me.

spicer likes this.
  7. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    Trying to decide whether Booster Terrik qualifies as "underrated." On the one hand the overall franchise doesn't pay him the same attention that it does, say, Talon Karrde. On the other hand, practically every one of his appearances involves him doing something awesome.

Rogue_Wraith likes this.
  8. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Booster Terrik's a good one. Also talking about relatively well known character that have not been treated well how about Darth Malak. Got renamed Alek Squinquargesimus for no reason. **** the writer that did that.

9. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    I've always wanted to read more about Nym and his pirate gang.

Chancellor Yoda, spicer and Iron_lord like this.
  10. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Freedon Nadd, definitely.

11. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I don't see a lot of love for Gar Stazi around here. He was my favorite part of Legacy. We finally got an awesome and Heroic Galactic Alliance figure again. Hadn't had many of those since the Bantam days. The Denning-verse portrayed all of the Galactic Alliance leaders as a bunch of corrupt idiots.

I'm also a big fan of Imperial DarkSiders. Characters like Sedriss, Cronal/Black Hole, Jerec and Desann. These guys are among the more popular baddies among my group of friends but I've found surprisingly few fans of them on these boards

12. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I was going to say Dooku, but that more applies to the movies than to EU. I'd say Ludo Kressh or Freedon Nadd, since both of these early Sith Lords influenced some who came after them. This is especially true of Nadd.

I'm also going to say Satele Shan is a candidate. Obviously, I'm one of her fans.

13. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Montross is also a fun little villain from the game Bounty Hunter.

I love the guy they got to voice him (Clancy Brown) who gives him a deep and threatening voice. The fact he was feared by his own people for being ruthless, his people being mandalorians, says a lot.

darklordoftech likes this.
  14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I love Ludo because he was a Sith who had enough of a brain to realize that you don't need the entire galaxy to be powerful. Freedon Nadd caused the Great Sith War, which in turn caused the Jedi Civil War.

15. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    I remember first reading Tales of the Jedi and thinking Ludo was idiot. However, remembering back, he wasn't as stupid as he first seemed. Kinda wished he survived though, might of been a interesting villain after the war.

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    He should have survived to become the Dark Lord who marked the forheads of Kun and Ulic. Kun and Ulic were supposed to be marked by the Dark Lord who reigned during the Sith Holocaust and Ludo deserves the last laugh after everything he went through to save the Sith Empire from Sadow's reckless expansionism and backstabbing.

Chancellor Yoda I also think that Ludo's spirit should have appeared in his tomb in KOTOR II. I'd love to hear him rant about Sadow ruined everything.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  17. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Not really EU, but as Hondo dosn't have a trilogy(or the saga he deserves),his own EU,comic series,TV series and franchise called:pirates of the florrum system he is underated.

18. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Ludo was conservative in many respects, but that's not always a bad thing. That's all I gotta say, and it's ironic for me, who's liberal in virtually every economic, social, or political area, except in terms of manners, would say that. Ha ha ha ha. You could look at Sadow as the first of many Sith Lords who backstabbed and made it popular for Kun, Malgus, Nihilus and Sion, and pretty much every Banite Sith. That would be an oversimplification per se, but as ruthless dark side-addicts as the Sith are, they could afford a little more ceremony and conservativism to avoid totally consuming themselves. Killing to overthrow others is analogous to how real-world governments in history operated, and that's why many people find the Sith so realistic. They are like crazy sorority girls, crazy communists and capitalists, crazy frat pigs, crazy competitors, and jealous gods. So many people are dramatic, catty, competitive, jealous, vengeful, wrathful, manipulative, etc.

So, as weird and dark as the Dark Lords of the Sith are, I suppose this weird thing I just typed out is why I find them to be like people I read about in history and met in college. Lmao. Gosh, the random things I do while waiting for my friends to show up at a hookah lounge.

19. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Master Tholme.

Not certain why but I always liked this character.

20. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Sorry double post.

Ever had that character who you really like but forgot to put him/her on a underrated character list or something.

That character for me is Durge. Such a underrated villain from the clone wars era.

[​IMG]

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I love his speech about all of the things that happened to him. The getting buried alive and everything else.

22. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Tholme is awesome! He's a master of covert ops and plays a little loose with the Jedi's rules (like going with Sora to try and assassinate Dooku, having a girlfriend, and sending Vos undercover. He was my favorite character in the Ostrander Republic comics.

23. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Chancellor Yoda, Shadow Trooper: What did you think when you read about his fate in Legacy? Hiding among the Anzati, a species probably associated with the Separatists, might have been a good idea.

24. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Sorry, had to look it up on Wookipedia. Haven't read Legacy, particularly the issue that mentions his death, in years. I do actually wish they gave us more details on what he was doing during the rule of the Empire. Might even have been fun if he appeared in a rebels related comic where he's a covert commander or something.

25. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I always longed for a comic series dealing with the adventures of Quinlan Vos and his associates (Tholme, Khaleen, Grahrk...) during the Dark Times time period. Unfortunately,Vos was off-limit. Otherwise, I think Ostrander and Duursema would have done a great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.