main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your movie STINKS and mine RULES!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by obhavekenobi78, Aug 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    and you wear crap colored ones.

Think what you want. We know your opinion and it's still not going to become ours. So now you can move along....move along.

2. endboss

endboss Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 1998
    Heh. A few minutes ago you tried to suggest I wasn't the one who annoys you to the point of wanting me banned. Now this? Tsk. I'm guessing my original guess was right... You want me gone. Call me crazy. ;) Truth hurts and all that, which is why you're upset with my theory on where PT love comes from. Oh, and I'm stayin'. In response, you really oughta begin your boycott. Teach these mods a lesson.

3. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I love the PT films and FOTR. Mark me down as another enigma.

And my love for the PT has to be due to my "rose-colored glasses" as well. There's just no other explanation. [face_plain]

4. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Endboss my last post in this thread was a response to your last post. I think you are a megalomaniac if you think every post of mine is about you. I think you should try adding something to a discussion for once instead of just stating that your opinion is fact over and over.

5. endboss

Sep 30, 1998
    <<<Endboss my last post in this thread was a response to your last post. I think you are a megalomaniac if you think every post of mine is about you.>>>

Get real, SDJ. You may not be able to put 2 and 2 together, but I can. You made a post asking why the mods let 'some people get away with it.' The only 2 people in this thread who could be seen as 'getting away with' anything are End Boss and Only_2, being that we were taking potshots at one another and being 'colorful.' Being that you and I go way back, I know you to be very pro-PT and very anti-PT basher, which means that the very pro-PT Only_2 is your kinda guy. So the idea that you wanna see him banned for flaming a 'big mean basher' isn't very likely. Therefore, to say you weren't referring to me in your original post is just plain laughable. 2+2=4. Connect the dots. Simple enough.

<<<I think you should try adding something to a discussion for once instead of just stating that your opinion is fact over and over.>>>

When did I do that? Imperial_Guard asked me what I think of him for liking both FOTR and the prequels. In other words, he was asking me what my theory on that is. I then posted my theory. Never once did I push it as fact. I used words like 'I think' and 'my theory.' You owe me an apology, little guy. Ahh nevermind, keep it. Would be worthless.

6. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    *yawn* You're boring now.

7. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    I've never watched. What's he like? A rugged ladies man with a high IQ?

I've actually never watched American Idol either. I've seen some clips and seen some interviews with Simon (one of the judges). He has a reputation for coming off as arrogant and rude and rubbing people the wrong way with his razor sharp tongue, kinda like a male version of Anne Robinson from Weakest Link. Not that I'm making any direct comparisons here, of course. 8-}

In other words, you wear rose-colored glasses when judging these new Star Wars films.

endboss is using the rose-colored glasses, nostalgia argument that has been used against him in his dislike of the prequels and turned it against me?! You heard it here first folks! Hell has officially frozen over. Sorry, endboss, but surely you can see the irony. :D 8-}

8. endboss

Sep 30, 1998
    <<<*yawn* You're boring now.>>>

It's hard to disguise that you're waving the white flag.

9. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    White flag? What is this the opinion wars or a discussion board? Myself I would like to discuss the new films rather than defend my opinion. My opinion doesn't need defending but yours obviously does. Why else would you not accept someone simply stating that they like the film? But are we supposed to justify our opinion by defeating you in some kind of childish debate? Your not even open to our views so why should we bother? Our opinion is our opinion and to say yours is right and ours is wrong shows ignorance.

10. Imperial_Guard

Jun 13, 2002
    sdj,

I think you're taking endboss waaaaay too seriously. I was just having a little fun here and in the process he threw back an argument that's been used against him all the time which I found kind of funny. I'm still waiting to see if he'll respond to the inherent irony. :D

11. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I just think someone that spends as much time as he does bashing a film needs to find a hobby.

12. endboss

Sep 30, 1998
    SDJ, you called me delusional for assuming your original post was meant for me. I explained to you with good old fashioned common sense why your attempt to backpedal and claim it wasn't intended for me doesn't hold water. You then claimed that I'm posting my opinions as if they're fact. I then explained to you with common sense why that isn't true. You then responded with the old standby "Pfft, you're boring, I'm going home." A 2-year-old could see that that's you backpedalling again, rather than confronting my common sense-based rebuttal. By the way, we're now WAY off topic, because of you. Good job.

<<<endboss is using the rose-colored glasses, nostalgia argument that has been used against him in his dislike of the prequels against me?! You heard it here first folks! Hell has officially frozen over. Sorry, endboss, but surely you can see the irony.>>>

Exactly. I often use it. I enjoy showing that it works both ways. Your 'team' often attempts to explain away the belief that the OT was superior by insisting that the OT is being judged through rose-colored glasses. I see it another way. Rose-colored glasses are in use, but by PT admirers instead. "If it's Star Wars, I'll let it get away with murder, because I simply adore Star Wars!" Funny thing is, when you guys use the argument, it doesn't raise an eyebrow. When I use it, it causes SDJ and his kind to flip out and call for a ban and insist that I stop suggesting it's a fact. Funny how that works.

13. obhavekenobi78

obhavekenobi78 Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    Endboss,

That post WAS intended for you. If you want to pull the thread off topic, go ahead. I was merely trying to keep it from getting locked for flaming, which is what you seem to enjoy doing. If you really think I have singled you out, why don't you actually go back and read my posts in this thread. Heaven forbid I try to keep a thread I started on topic.

Another thing, when you find yourself on the losing end of an argument, you don't have to lash out with verbal attacks. In fact, it only makes you look more foolish. If you must continue to make condesending remarks here at least try to keep them witty, as you can see, we are all growing bored with your predictable rudeness.

14. endboss

Sep 30, 1998
    <<<I just think someone that spends as much time as he does bashing a film needs to find a hobby.>>>

There are 7 days a week and 24 hours in a day. I participate here maybe 2 or 3 days a week. So your idea that this is some sort of main hobby of mine is a bit...dumb. It doesn't take much time to counter what you have to offer anyhow.

15. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    A post from Endboss in another thread. It is very similar to most of his posts.

Lucas could've given you anything and it would've been the movie you wanted, Gomer (Pyle?). That's what 4 years here have taught me about many of you. Every choice made in this trilogy is 'the best choice,' if you're to be believed. Everything that doesn't sit right, such as Jar Jar, Lloyd's wretched acting, AOTC's hideous romance and dialogue, etc, has a reason for being there...right? There's a fancy excuse for everything people complain about in the PT...right? It's almost as if Lucas got in your face as a drill sergeant and screamed "This is what you're getting! Your mission is to LOVE IT, worm!" It's obvious you responded "Yes sir! At all costs, sir!" Poor suckers. You should've deserted instead.

[sarcasm] If this is not a proclamation of an open mind I don't know what is. [/sarcasm]

16. endboss

Sep 30, 1998
    <<<Another thing, when you find yourself on the losing end of an argument, you don't have to lash out with verbal attacks.>>>

I'll remember that for when I finally find myself on the losing end of an argument. Certainly hasn't happened in this thread.

<<<If you must continue to make condesending remarks here at least try to keep them witty, as you can see, we are all growing bored with your predictable rudeness.>>>

Actually, I _can't_ see that, being that I have so many fellows vying for my attention and posters who keep coming at me to get the all-important last word. Kinda like you.

17. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    agreed with shelley. LOTR isn't bad, I liked it, but listen up: besides the fact this is an SW forum, AOTC is a great movie. Personally, I like spider-man and whatever else you said. But since SW is my first love of course, I'm going to defend it against any *uneeded* critisim, such as it was boring and too long and too complicated. I'm open for *positive* critism, and I think everyone else is as well. There are always ways to make something better, but what if we defend the movie? It's human nature to defend the things we like, even love!

18. Imperial_Guard

Jun 13, 2002
    Your 'team' often attempts to explain away the belief that the OT was superior by insisting that the OT is being judged through rose-colored glasses.

I agree that it can work as a two-way street on that point. Actually, I don't think I fit into either 'team'. I happen to prefer the OT over the prequels although I thought that AOTC was close to ROTJ if I had to rank them. Yet I've enjoyed the prequels as well.

So I've liked the prequels and FOTR but would still have to say that I think the OT is better than the PT if someone twisted my arm.

WTF?! This makes no sense. I'm some kind of freak hybrid who doesn't fit in anywhere! :_|

Did I just flame myself? :confused: 8-}

19. obhavekenobi78

May 20, 2002
    "Actually, I _can't_ see that, being that I have so many fellows vying for my attention and posters who keep coming at me to get the all-important last word. Kinda like you."

Endboss, it's fitting. We can keep playing over and over and you are just ultimately a punching bag. You don't have anything of worth to add to the discussion.

20. endboss

Sep 30, 1998
    <<<If this is not a proclamation of an open mind I don't know what is.>>>

I never said my mind is open to the idea that TPM and AOTC aren't poor. I've already decided for myself they are rather rotten films, after seeing them. At the same time, that post is simply my opinion...nothing more. It's my opinion that many of you would accept pretty much anything Lucas dishes out. Got a problem with that? Better question... Do you think I _mind_ that you have a problem with that?

21. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Endboss will be one of the first in line to watch Episode 3.

Will he like it? No.
    Does he know that? I'm guessing 'yes'.

22. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Just ignore endboss. We know he's a troll, and he knows he's a troll. Doesn't make him a bad person, though :p

23. endboss

Sep 30, 1998
    <<<Endboss, it's fitting. We can keep playing over and over and you are just ultimately a punching bag. You don't have anything of worth to add to the discussion. >>>

No, I'm not the punching bag here. I'm not the one trying to change what's happening in this thread, which suggets I'M the one enjoying myself, no?

24. obhavekenobi78

May 20, 2002
    Well, he has issues with his inner "gayness", he has called me a "fem" twice.

25. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I never said my mind is open to the idea that TPM and AOTC aren't poor. I've already decided for myself they are rather rotten films, after (are you sure you don't mean before? I seem to remember you saying exactly what you are saying now before the film had even come out) seeing them. At the same time, that post is simply my opinion...nothing more. It's my opinion that many of you would accept pretty much anything Lucas dishes out. Got a problem with that? Better question... Do you think I _mind_ that you have a problem with that?

Then why bother debating it? Unless *gasp* you are just here to antagonize!?!?!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.