main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your One Most Favorite CT Scene?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Rogan_Agar, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllTamTranRatCheer

AllTamTranRatCheer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    Definitely the whole Ewok thing. My favorite.

2. Leialong

Leialong Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    My two favorite scenes:

The garbage compactor in ANH

The jedi training academy in Attack of the Clones. Don't know why. I just love it.

3. DarthCynthia72

DarthCynthia72 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    Ah, where to begin. There are so many. I love any scene where the Imperial March is played. I get chills when it starts with that low base introduction. I love the music that's played during the scene when the TIE-FIGHTERS are chasing the Falcon through the asteroid field in TESB. Does anyone know what that score is called? In Dagobah, after Yoda uses The Force to get the X-Wing out of the swamp & Luke says, "I don't believe it." Yoda replies, "That is why you failed."

4. Sad_Devotion

Sad_Devotion Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2004
    I agree, Cynthia! Aside from the Bespin duel and escape from Cloud City (which others have mentioned), my fave is the scene where Yoda raises Luke's X-wing from the Dagobah swamp. Beautiful music, superb performance by the little green guy ;), and a nice tagline ("That is why you fail"). Classic.

DarthCynthia72 posted on 5/3/05 11:39am
    I love the music that's played during the scene when the TIE-FIGHTERS are chasing the Falcon through the asteroid field in TESB. Does anyone know what that score is called? [hr][/blockquote]

It's called "The Asteroid Field." I love that piece, too.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=SkottASkywalker][b]SkottASkywalker[/b][/link] [b]posted on 5/2/05 10:04pm[/b][hr] [i]Your one most favorite SW saga scene?[/i]

All of them. [face_applause]

[b]STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH is getting closer![/b] [face_dancing]
    [hr][/blockquote]

Ah, when Skott is posting, insipidity is at a premium. [face_grin]

5. BikBreadandallnem

BikBreadandallnem Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    I would have to agree. I appreciate the part where Vader was all like "Speeeesh da da da dada daa da daaaaa daa daad aadont know. (that was the music) and then he says "Quwooo Qweeee Quwoooo Qweeeeee (breathing) The emperor is most pleased by your work. We shall double our efforts captain.

6. luisgv73

luisgv73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    ANH when discussing the power of the death star, when that guy starts babbling about the sorcerers way and next thing is Vader choking him... mmmhhh

Also in ESB when Admiral Ozzel is "replaced"

7. BactaTankJunkie

BactaTankJunkie Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2004
    Yoda saving Luke's X-Wing from sinking and the Falcon being chased through the Asteroid field. The music in these two scenes are truly a masterpiece by John Williams.

Gotta give a mention to the Falcon exiting the second Death Star with all the fire spewing out of the Death Star.

Leia in the Slave gear.

And Luke laying a beating on Vader when Vader mentions he will go after Leia to join the dark side.

8. DARTHFINGERZ

DARTHFINGERZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    When Luke goes darkside on Vader after Vader mentions "If you will not turn maybe she will"...

Then the camera pans as Luke just goes nuts and that classic dramatic musical score is going the whole time.

That kicks @$$.

9. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    The asteroid chase in ESB is my favorite. That whole sequence, from the music to the FX and photography, is just amazing. I never even noticed it before I saw it as the animated menu on the DVD bonus disc. Out of movie context, it gave me chills. All those years before, it just was another good sequence in the GREATEST MOVIE EVER MADE. Now it is my all time favorite scene of the OT (or maybe the whole saga).

10. One-with-the-Force

One-with-the-Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    My favorite scene is the Emperor's entrance at the beginning of ROTJ. It's so powerful, and before this point, we don't really know much about the Emperor or how much power he really has.

11. MarsSky

MarsSky Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    Great idea for a thread! :)
    I have to agree with a lot of you- the intensity of the end of ROTJ is the best. And the final celebration scene always gives me an incredible warm fuzzy feeling. Especially Luke seeing the three spirits, (I definitely prefer it with Shaw, not Christensen) and the way Leia looks at Luke when she hugs him after that.

Did anyone here see ROTJ at Celebration 3? I almost had tears in my eyes when everyone was cheering as Vader overthrew Palpatine, and during the celebration scene.

12. Darth_Innertube

Darth_Innertube Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Fav: Luke vs. Vader, ESB (Of course: "No, I am your father."). Asteroid Field, ESB, is a close close second.

13. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Two for me.

1. When Luke defeated Vader.

2. When Anakin told Luke that he was right.

14. doubleOjedi

doubleOjedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2005
    Without a doubt, my favorite scene in any Star Wars movie is on bespin when Han Fires at Vader, Vader deflects the bolts with his hand, then takes the blaster from Han. That whole scene from when the door opens to when Vader asks them to join them is bad @$$!!!!

15. Darth_Lucas

Darth_Lucas Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2001
    When Luke tells Ben he's looking for Obi-Wan Kenobi in ANH. The reaction on Ben's face seems to transport him back to the time he was a young and powerful Jedi Knight. Ties in great with the prequels now.

16. Tachikoma-Kun

Tachikoma-Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2005
    Great thread.
    My favourite scene is actually from ESB when Han Solo get's frozen in carbonnite(hmm...dunno about the spelling..Difficult word:p). It's got so much emotion from Chewies scream to Leia's desperate look. And the way Han tries to smile at her and you can tell he is very afraid. And all the time I'm wondering what kind of a monster Vader is. Oddly enough, I don't even like "dark" movies... [face_plain]

17. anakins_right_arm

anakins_right_arm Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    PT: Anakin and Obi-Wan in the elevator going to padme's apartment in Attack of the Clones

OT: Mos Eisley cantina scene ANH

18. Nyiestra

Nyiestra Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2004
    I love when Luke looks back at the Force ghosts.

19. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    My favorite scene is when Luke tells the Emperor, "I'm a Jedi, like my father before me". or something like that. I think that is so emotional. Also when Luke looks at the twin suns setting, when Leia tells Han she loves him and he replys, "I know", and Vader's funeral fire. Oh, and when Vader tells Luke he is his father. There are many more...

20. Ja-ClosEasou

Ja-ClosEasou Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    4 words:

Apology accepted, Captain Needa

MUahahahaha!

Meh, also Yoda's inital laugh is amazing and the whole Yoda/Dagobah scene.

My favourite scene is Luke/Vader/Palpatine in ROTJ.

"If you won't turn, then perhaps she will!"

"NEVER!"

*Hack*Slash*Swing*Ouchers*

"You have failed your highness, I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

Epic.

21. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    I thought we were just going to talk about the OT favorite scenes, but here goes for AOTC:
    -Anakin in elevator
    -Anakin telling Padame she has grown more beautiful (so cute).
    -Anakin towering over Padame and saying,"but I am grown up" or something like that. I love that scene!!!
    -Obi saying "you will be the death of me", I love the obvious foreshadowing!!!
    -Lake scene (for obvious reasons)and the music is great
    -Fire scene, when Anakin tells Padame how he feels, best love confession ever!
    -when Anakin brings back the dead Shmi, the close up of him is very Vaderesque (that's not a word)
    -Anakin tells Padame he killed them all
    -Padame hugging Anakin before he goes to kill them all
    -Padame's love confession
    -Padame kissing Anakin when she jumpes down on that bull or whatever it is
    I thnk I just told the whole movie...sorry...I guess I like them all.

22. Evil_Otto

Evil_Otto Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 28, 2004
    The asteroid field in ESB.

23. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    Now after SITH are there any changes?

IMO the last Anakin/Obi-Wan dialogue on Mustafar can compete with my most favorite scene.

24. Buschman

Buschman Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    The one that moves me the most is in ANH when Luke looks out at the twin sunset. The music always brings up emotion.

Perfect scene and I liked that scene being re-visited by Anakin in AoTC.

Exactly, and revisted again at the end of RotS. I actually forgot about the AotCs scene.

Mike

25. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

I am partial to the scenes in the Emperor's throne room and the scenes on Bespin. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.