main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your own personal SE!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DARTH LOEAK, Aug 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    Star Wars:

-Han shoots first

Empire Strikes Back:
    - Digitally add Jar Jar's head mounted on the wall on the Super Star Destroyer somewhere.
    -Get rid of scene w/ Luke and Leia kissing. If she somehow "always knew", that's pretty gross.

Return of the Jedi:
    -Bring back original Ewok song at end.
    -Get rid of "I've always known" line if they don't get rid of Luke and Leia kissing in ESB.

2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    mikadojedi
    Ask yourselves. How many movies has ILM worked on since the OT:SE, that were NOT Lucas, Spielberg or Spielberg protoge related films?

Only about 60. ;)

3. DARTH LOEAK

DARTH LOEAK Jedi Master star 2

Feb 13, 2000
    okay...now to my list for ESB.

-fix Tauntauns with CGI in some spots others add CGI snow
    -add a family of Wampa's eating the tauntaun in the cave.
    -show the bounty hunters ariving. Show Boba fett getting otu of Slave I with out his helmet. cut to original scene with Vader talking to the bounty hunter. Have Bossk's face be CGI. When Vader looks to Fett have Temara morisin (sp?) do it and say "As you wish."
    -show the snake dragon snag R2 from under the water.
    -take out the Earth creatures and replace with cgi creature.
    -When Luke fight the image of Vader in the cave have flashes from Anakin's life come up as if tormenting Luke mysteriously. Then Luke beheads Vader and the mask breaks open to reveal young Anakin's face. Portrayed by Jake Lloyd.
    -Add more aliens to cloud city.
    -add a Battle Droid to the droid mess the Chewy finds 3po in.
    -Have Vader order stormtroopers to take the broken c-3po into Chewey's cell. Connecting him to his past.
    -Have a scene between Boba and a hologram of Jabba. To bridge the gap between the DVD CGI Jabba and the ROTJ Jabba puppet. They'll discuss Han's capture and how much Jabba will pay. Then have Stormtroopers intrupt him and say. "Lord vader requires your presence." Then back to the carbonfreezing scene.
    -Take out Luke's scream.
    -Change Vader's shuttle line back to normal.

Back to ANH:

-I'd like to see all the doors opening and closing be CGI.
    -Add a Battle Droid to the Jawa sandcrawler's droid pit.

4. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    "Yikes I don't even want to see Jar-Jar in the OT!!! And I liked Jar-Jar in the PT. Face it ILM Needed the work and Jar-Jar was it. Ask yourselves. How many movies has ILM worked on since the OT:SE, that were NOT Lucas, Spielberg or Spielberg protoge related films?"

You might want to do a little research. Go to the ILM website's filmography and prepare to be in awe:

http://www.ilm.com/filmography.html

5. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I like the SEs, so I'd keep them as they basically are with the following improvements (in my eyes).

ANH
    Clean up all the SE CGI
    Keep Fett in there, but just include a brief cutaway to him during the conversation. A good place for this would be the tail-setpping moment. That way, you solve the walk-behind problem and get Fett in there without the camera mug.
    Clean up the horrendous effect of Han shooting first.
    Add shots of the populace of Alderaan looking up into the sky and seeing the DS there. Start with a shot of a single person pointing to the sky. Then hear commotion, then cut to a far shot of a whole crowd of people gathering around and staring into the sky.
    Then cut to a shot of aides telling Bail that there was something he must see, that it's urgent. Bail hurries to a palace balcony and he too sees the DS in the sky. New ominous Williams music would underscore the scene.
    Fix the cellblock corridor.
    When Han chases the troopers, have some of them with their helmets off so we can see they're still clones of Jango. (Have Body and Tem for the heads of course).
    For that matter, redub every trooper with Body and Tem.
    Add a hint of DotF, softer, slower to the Kenobi/Vader rematch.
    Switch Leia's theme with the Force theme or any other kind of dramatic music for Kenobi's death. Her theme there never made sense to me.
    Enhance the DS plans to match the AotC plans.
    During the entire DS battle, include Yavin in some shots. They did it for Rogue Leader on Gamecube and it looks really amazing.
    During Red Leader's trench run, add a mix of the ANH Imperial Motif and Rebel Fanfare.
    When the DS is clear to fire and the percussion in the music starts, instead of re-used DS preparing to fire footage, cut to the rebel guard on the tower with the DS looming in the sky.
    Instead of Chewy getting a medal, have the rebel troops point and laugh at him. Have Luke kick him in the butt.

Maybe not :p

ESB
    Clean up al the SE CGI
    CG tauntauns.
    RotJ AT-ST walkers. Instead of the shot with the AT-AT's chin firing with the ST walking in the distance, have a scene of just the AT-ST walking towards the camera, turning it's head and firing.
    In one of the shots of the ATs advancing, include a drop ship dropping off another AT in the distance. That way, we see one get dropped off (like in AotC), but it doesn't interupt the flow.
    Ian.
    In some some shots of Yoda walking, CG him so he doesn't look like he's doing little hops from place to place. Maybe do an ET on him in some scenes and only CG some facial expressions. That way, we keep the puppet but can enhance him in a few shots.
    Give Needa a proper Lambda shuttle to use instead of a freakin' TIE bomber.
    In the shot of Fett in Slave I, have his helmet off with Tem playing Fett. Do something to distinguish his look though. It is years later afterall. Longer hair. Maybe an eye patch like Typho. More stubble. Of course redub his voice.
    I'd like to see what the duel/escape from Cloud City would be like with DotF playing, intermixed with the classic score.
    Give some consistency to open windows in Cloud City so there's some idea of structure for it.
    I don't think the shots of Vader shuttling to the executor are neccessary. But, God save me, I like the shot of the Lambda shuttle on the platform.

RotJ
    Clean up all the SE CGI.
    CG Rancor in shots.
    CG enhance Ewoks.
    More rebel ships in Endor battle. Battered up, stripped down Naboo fighters, old Jedi Starfighters, war-enhanced Nubian ships.
    In the celebration scenes, add a shot of the Kaminoan cloning facilities being shut down at last. Kashyyyk too. Have wookies tossing Imperial troops and commanders out of their treeside hutts.
    Have Mon Mothma in a celebration shot.
    Have ghost Yoda disco.

6. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    ESB-
    (An alternate scene for when he is destrroyed)
    Darth Vader and a bunch of stormtroopers are in the room. Threepio comes in.
    Vader: What is this?
    Threepio: Bless my circuits, it's master Annie!
    Vader: Threepio?
    a stormtrooper are laughing like mad.
    Vader chokes him.
    Then Vader uses the force to blast him into pieces.
    Vader: We can not let the rebels now of us. That is why I destryoed him.
    Stormtrooper: Right
    The scene ends with Vader rounding on him.

Like it, I thought this thread needed some humor.

7. Wilhelm-Scream

Wilhelm-Scream Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 5, 2004
    This topic makes me wish that GL would pay more heed to the fans.I think almost all of them are perfect.Really love the one about having a Battle Droid in the sandcrawler.That would be intense.It'd be like a rare find at an antique store and would also serve to downplay the obvious differences between OT and PT.I'll almost be dissapointed if they didn't think of something like that for the DVDs

8. DARTH LOEAK

Feb 13, 2000
    The Vader 3PO scene.

A stormtrooper brings the box to Vader.

SormtrooperT: Sir,we found only this in their room.

Vader lifts 3PO's head with the Force and studies it.

Vader: Let the Wookie fix it.

ST: Yes, sir.

Vader then storms away and pauses. Looks down and keeps walking.

Boba Fett and Hologram Jabba scene.

Boba Fetts stands inside a dark room in cloud city. Suddenly a hologram of Jabba appears.

Jabba(in huttes): What is it, Fett?

Fett: I have a surprise for you.

J: Who is it?

F: Solo.

Jabba begins to laugh his familar laugh.

F: I want 500.

J: Only when he's brought to me alive.

F: No. 500 for him, 800 for him alive.

J:750.

F:I'll send his head.

J: Fine! 800 it is. Bring him fresh.

F. As you wish.

The hologram fades away. A stormtrooper walks in.

Stormtrooper: Lord Vader require your presence.

Fett then walks on.

9. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    ANH definitely needs some sprucing up. Look at my previous list which I think is pretty good. I like the idea of digitally adding a battle droid in the Sandcrawler. It's like I said, WHY NOT put Eopies in Mos Eisley? It helps to bring the saga more together. Just like having Jar Jar and Baal in ANH would do. I don't think Jar Jar would be bad for ANH. He'd only have a few lines and the character would be a lot older and probably be more like Captain Tarpals..... more of a weary Gungan. I also have 1 more addition to add to my list for ANH that I did not do before.

After Leia, Han, and Luke all meet after the Death Star explodes, but before the actual big celebration scene itself, cut to Vader's Tie Fighter returning to Coruscant. It docks and Palpatine is waiting for him and he does not look too pleased. Vader gets out of the ship and kneels before Palpatine, appologizing for his failure. Palpatine just says "rise" and the two walk together. Palpatine then says that it is not the end, but rather the beginning of the rebels destruction. Palpatine then instructs Vader to hunt down the rebel responsible for destroying the Death Star. (ESB is set up!) Perfect.......and then we go back to John Williams Grand celebration music with our heroes. :)

10. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    The battle droid and eopie idea I like. Also, add some dugs and Toydarians in somewhere. Replace one of the Duros in the cantina with a Niemoidian :D

Also, one change I wouldn't like to be permanent, but would really work on a symbolic level, would be to have Obi-Wan Kenobi have a lit lightsaber when we see him for the very first time in ANH. When he's coming down the cliff after giving off the roar. That would add so so so so so much to the Tuskens running off. I'd bet you anything that the legend of a vengeful man with a glowing blue blade made its rounds around Tusken campfires. (The EU seemed to think so too)

11. plutoneam

plutoneam Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    I'd include minor shots from the SE that are improvments, but don't mount up to much.
    Stuff like the Falcon taking off from Mos Eisly, ROTJ shot of bantha herd, etc.

12. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Nah.....the lightsaber in the cliffs would give away the surprise that it is Obi Wan. That's a big suprise if you elect to watch the movies 1-6 in order. To have Obi-Wan appear and throw back his hood and to see him as an old man all those years later.......it's a powerful moment if you watch them sequentially. It ruins the surprise of who the mysterious man in the cloak is otherwise......

Also....on a side note.....kudos to whoever said to put Jar Jar's head on a Star Destroyer bridge.....it would never work in these children's oriented films but the suggestion made me laugh..... :D

13. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    I would like to see the ghost of Han's face deleted as he yells "Move! Move!" on Endor.

I would also take out the sound of Luke's saber deactivating in the Wampa cave.

The SE changes don't really bug me, but fix the mistakes in the movies, like the saber and Han's face.

14. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Well, like I said, I'd just like to see it just once lol.
    I agree that the suprise is better seeing him remove the hood.

15. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Here's the cuts I'd make to the SE:

ANH:

1.Cut out the dewback stuff. Only leave in enhanced original shot of dewback in distance bellowing next to original prop one.

2.Reinsert original arrival into Eisley, but add in SE enhanced sky traffic views here and there.

3.No Greedo shoots first.

4.Take out Falcon rising out of docking bay and just have enhanced shot of it blasting off.

5. No Jabba scene.

6. Replace SE shot of Kenobi hut with original.

7. Keep SE enhanced landspeeder fixes.

8. Put the McQuarrie matte painting of Eisley back in.

9. Keep the new Yavin shots.

16. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    What I have in mind is something that I think can be done, without reshooting anything or doing any more CGI "effects".

I would take the soundtrack from the THX Laserdisc and the image frames from the DVD:s repositioned to use the original pacing and storyline. Wherever the story is changed from OT-orig to OT-DVD then Laserdisc frames will be used.
    Han will shoot first, Lapti Nek will be played, the Ewoks will sing, etc. I will not use the SE explosions but I will use most of the enhanced effects and image quality from the DVD:s.
    There will be a lot of work getting the Laserdisc frames to fit the color and detail of the DVDs. Some shots will have to be composited from both Laserdisc and DVD source. Some shots may have to be extended and played in slow motion.

There may be a few exceptions to using only the original scenes. I might include the scenes with Luke meeting his friends on Tatooine and meeting Biggs again. I like having Luke's friendship with Biggs in the movie, but meeting Biggs again in the hangar does not make much sense without having seen him before. Also, getting to see Luke as a whiny kid and his "friends" picking on him better shows how much Luke develops through the movies as a person.
    I will also keep the enhanced space battles because I don't see much difference between the old and the new. The new ones are prettier.

17. DARTH LOEAK

Feb 13, 2000
    Put back into the films or not we still need to see the Biggs scenes digiatly restored with a music score. Kinda like they did with TPM and AOTC's deleted scenes.

18. Dirty-Darth

Dirty-Darth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    One scene I would change is when the Escape Pod is shot and the gunner is told to "hold his fire." I would just change this scene entirely.

-R2 and 3PO's pod is released.

-Then it cuts to the gunner whom is already occupied at shooting a few other escape pods. "There goes another one" he says while still firing at the others. He attempts to shoot it but misses and even says "Damn, I missed it"

-The superior behind him then says "Its ok, no life forms were detected, we can let it slip"

I think that this would make more sense than just saving the tiny tiny tiny amount of energy on 1 laser blast which is essentially what they did.

19. Dirty-Darth

Dirty-Darth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    As for ALL the changes I'd like to see to ANH here it goes...Its big, lol

-Digitally enhaced, with new special effects including sabers, laser, most explosions and removal of matte lines etc...
    -Add Imperial March to Vaders amazing intro and possibly some select other scenes
    -Redo the Escape Pod scene which I stated in my last post
    -Add in the Deleted Scenes from Tatioone
    -Add old battle droids into the Jawa crawler
    -Add Eopie's and Dugs and other PT things to Mos Eisley and the Cantina.
    -Make a new or CG overlook of Mos Eisley
    -Make the Falcon do more impressive stunts while escaping The Cruisers and the Death Star later on.
    -Show a Palpy dissolving the senate scene.
    -Show a Bail on Alderaan scene
    -Give Alderaan a better explosion
    -Make the "astroid field"(Alderaan's pieces) better and bigger instaed of the "sparkles" it looks like they used
    -Give the Death Star some more PT-ish panels and displays as with the X-wing and Tie displays
    -CGI Dianoga
    -Improve the Obi-Wan vs Vader duel
    -Make the Rebel hanger more open instead of a black void...CGI some fighters and stuff in the backround, and a ceiling and walls to the huge temple lol
    -Fix the Death Star plans to match AOTC
    -Spruce up the Death Star Battle
    -Improve the Proton Torpeedo entering the Death Star shot
    -Give the Death Star a better explosion
    -While were at it give Chewie a medal
    -Add a Vader going to Coruscant and speaking with Palpy scene

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE the originals, but some of the scenes would add a little umph to the movie, make sense with what weve seen in the PT, and lets face, look completely awesome.

20. DARTH LOEAK

Feb 13, 2000
    Things have slowed down here a bit.

My ROTJ chnages:

-Add some CGI to improve the creature in Jabba's palace. Not much, but just fix a few things.

-Add a Dug.

-Fix Fett's death, make him go out with a bang. The Unleashed figure gave me the idea. Why not have Boba be pulled down by the sarlaac and then his rockets kick in, he shoots up with the tentecle wrapped around his legs. Then suddenly his rocket pack sparks and shut off. Boba fall back and is swallow. Then when it burps, have it burp up boba's helmet.

-Add an older aged Mas Ameda to follow Palpatine's aids on the DSII.

-Fix the rebel hangar, make it look busy and not just a map painting.

-Show the shuttle landing on Endor, show a heard of those one beasts Maruders ride in the Ewok movie.

-Have Yoda's clothes remain when he dies and fades away.

-Have a Stormtrooper shoting all around in the Ewok battle and says, "They're too small. I can't hit them."
    Another says, "My sensors wont lock on them!" So this'll explain why little Ewoks can out fight highly trained clones.

-Have a rebel fighter speed past a construction ship on the Death star II causing it to spin. Then show the Genosian inside waving his fist.

-In the end celebration add footage of another space battle ending with star destroying exploding and Naboo fighter speeding away. Then a group of Imperial officers surendering. And not just show celebration. But show the Empire surrendering and being defeat to juxapose the celebratoin.

-When it circles out to the credits first have it say, "May the Force be with you." then roll credits.

21. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    About the intial post:

I love the new intro to the Death Star, Bail on Alderaan (although as it's been pointed out, he needs to be mourning his believed-dead step-daughter or something), and the end dialogue.

I think Bail should be talking with advisors about the end of the Rebellion and, with Leia's "death," the futility of hoping for an end to the Empire, maybe hoping she reached Obi Wan in time, blah blah blah - just to add that final sense of despair, hopelessness, sadness, and darkness before Alderaan blows. Then, it really hammers home the awesome power Luke has and his destiny.

I also want to see Han shoot first! ;)

22. DARTH LOEAK

Feb 13, 2000
    Who knew such a small change would result in so much anger and would change Han into a sissy.

23. Master_Akwat_Kbrana

Master_Akwat_Kbrana Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    ANH:
    1. Imperial March played when Vader enters the Tantive IV
    2. Remove the Rontos
    3. Put the Wolfman back in
    4. Han shoots first
    5. Remove the Jabba scene
    6. Fix the lightsaber effects
    7. Change the tractor beam font
    8. Play Duel of the Fates rendition during the Vader/Kenobi duel. Maybe spruce it up a bit with CGI, but only if it can be done properly.
    9. Insert a new scene of Palpatine dissolving the senate
    10. Replace all the images on computer monitors, most notably the stupid "atari-dot" death star schematic
    11. Fix up any and all matte lines
    12. Get rid of the fire-rings on the DS and Alderaan explosions. They're stupid.

ESB:
    1. Matte lines, saber fixes, etc.
    2. CGI tauntauns
    3. Spruce up the Battle of Hoth. Up the carnage a bit, so to speak.
    4. Fix R2's pannels in space. They need to be blue.
    5. Maaaaybe replace Yoda with a CGI version.
    6. New bit of music during the Luke/Vader duel in the cave. Begin with a very ominous, foreboding rendition of Anakin's theme with resolves on an extremely sad version of Luke's Theme.
    7. Make the space clug look a lot kewler.
    8. Restore Luke's original dialogue on Dagobah
    9. Replace Vader's original "bring me my shuttle" dialogue. Redo the "returning to SD" scene, and have John Williams edit the score to incorporate it.
    10. Fix Han's little blunder with his vest in the Carbom Freezing Chamber
    11. Get rid of Luke's scream

ROTJ:
    1. Put Lapti Nek back. If additional CGI bandmembers are necessary, make them good ones. None of this "Muppet Babies" crap.
    2. Saber fixes, matte lines, etc.
    3. Improve on the Rancor scene. *Maybe* use a CGI Rancor in certain shots.
    4. Get rid of the damned beak on the sarlaac pit
    5. Possibly replace Yoda with a digital version
    6. Spruce up the DS battle
    7. Put in more Ewoks in the battle for Endor to make the Stormtroopers' defeat more believable
    8. Use the original shot of the forceghost trio, with Shaw as Anakin
    9. Play Across the Stars during Luke and Leia's conversation about their mother
    12. Replace the hologram during the Attack on DS briefing with a better version.
    11. Create a new final song. The existing victory sequence is fine, but the music blows. None of this New Age crap, let's hear something really epic!

24. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I was thinking more Fraggle Rock, not Muppet Babies.

25. Alfie_Moon

Alfie_Moon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2004
    "Yikes I don't even want to see Jar-Jar in the OT!!!

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the OT...

...just so long as he was being fed to some Wampas at the time! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.