main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your own personal SE!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DARTH LOEAK, Aug 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I would lengthen the Alderran destruction scene and add an Armageddon-esque view from the planet as the beam hits. Show people looking up over the horizon watching the light envelop their planet, or even crowds in cities or stadiums moments before their death. It would elict a much more emotional response from the viewer then the current film.

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Don't forget the crying child in a woman's arms, another woman hanging up her laundry and American Flags on every building.
    :p

3. DARTH LOEAK

DARTH LOEAK Jedi Master star 2

Feb 13, 2000
    And all of them sing, "I'm proud to be an Alderaanian, where at least I know I'm free!"

4. DARTH LOEAK

Feb 13, 2000
    In ANH Vader has red tinted eyes. I think ILM should add crack to the lens when he escapes with his TIE fighter. This explains why his lens are black and different in ESB.

5. ewok51

ewok51 Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2004
    Let's see

Star Wars: A New Hope
    -Shmi and Cliegg Lars Tombstones.
    -Darth Vader had more of a hand in the death's of Owen and Beru.
    -A scene showcasing Palpatine disbanding the senate.

Star Wars: Empire strikes back
    -The deleted scene showcasing the Wampa's attack on the Hoth base.
    -Also It's been stated that in ep.3, that we will not see any Jedi Trial's. So in regards to that statement, the scene where Yoda tells Luke to go search the cave without his weapons. Yoda's dialogue could be reworded to showcasw that this is a Jedi trial and you don't need your weapons.

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
    -At the end of the movie where there showing the celebration form the different worlds, they could use close ups to showcasing familiar characters from all the Star Wars films. A couple familiar ex-senators from Coorusant, Watto on Tatooine, or Jar Jar on Naboo.

-

6. DARTH LOEAK

Feb 13, 2000
    After watching the Hayden ghost change in ROTJ, I thouht of an idea. Since ROTJ is the end to the saga (unless rumors of a sequel trilogy is true) then why not have other Jedi ghost appear. Don't jump on me yet.

Okay it goes like this. We see Yod and Obi-Wan's ghost. Then suddenly Anakin apears. Cuts betweent the spirits and the heroes celebrating. Then there is a waide shot and it cuts to our heros all happy and goes to credits.

What if more Jedi appear behind them in the wide shot as in their Spirits come to honor Luke and the Rebels. Qui-Gon, Mace, and others can appear jsut for a secent. This would give more meaning to the tittle RETURN of the Jedi and conclude the story. Just a thought.

7. Festus_taint

Festus_taint Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2004
    A New Hope
    -Fix SE Jabba, not how he looks, but his size, maybe change his lines to be a little more different than Greedo's.
    -Add hints of the Imperial march to the soundtrack
    Don't think this has been done yet

Empire strikes back
    -Redo Tuantuan(spelled right?), this this might have been confirmed for the new dvds
    -Ian as Palpatine, confirmed
    -Where do they first mention Palpatine's name? is it even in the series? if not put it here

Return of the Jedi
    -Take musical number in Jabbas Palace in SE out, or change it drastically, maybe it could pass as a background thing
    -Take the blue elephant thing out of Jabba's palace,
    this is one thing that needs cgi
    -also CGI or fix some of the robots in Jabba's palace
    -make Boba Fett die like a man(if he is the bad#$$ everyone says he is)
    -Add music from Ani's mom dying in Ep2. towards end of Jedi

Phantom Menace
    -fix some of the special effects, some are too good
    -Take all "yipee"s out, it's just too much

Attack of the Clones
    -fix special effects, see above
    -more of, or about Dooku, i get the mysterious element, but there really should be more
    -a friendship scene between OB1 and Anikan, there are elements of friendship in the movie, but they are always at odds with eachother, there needs to be some drastic show of friendship between them IMO

Revenge of the Sith
    thing you know tht probably will not be in movie
    -fix special effects, 2 for 2 bound to need it
    -show young Boba scalping padawans, or hint at it
    -probably impossible but somehow make ending interpretive, as to who Vader is, call me a sucker but the I am your father scene would be ruined for first timers

8. DARTH LOEAK

Feb 13, 2000
    I know this hasn't been done in any of the Star Wars films, but what if when the Emperor is frying Luke and while Vader looks on, flashes of Padme dying in ROTS and of Shmi dyign pop up as Vader looks on to his son dying? We could see into his mind and feel the pain.

9. BenduHopkins

BenduHopkins Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    For the most part I would leave the movies alone, BUT!

General compositing cleanup of all composite shots, making sure black levels are even in cockpits and bridges.

ANH-
    Remove the CG Rontos, CG dewbacks and CG Jabba. Replace with state of the art versions, using as much motion capture and puppetry as possible.

Remove all 97 SE shots of mos eisley.

Improve panels and controls in Death Star.

Replace models blowing up in trench run with shots as good as the 97SE replacement shots.

Replace one shot of XWings taking off next to tower on Yavin with version that doesn't make XWING careen so stupidly.

TESB-
    Lower contrast and increase grain of new Wampa shot in order to match 1980 film quality.

Replace intended soundtrack cue in which Speeder is searching for Han and Luke.

Make Cloud City entrance scene the way it was. Remove CG spinny thing.

Restore "bring my shuttle" to the way it was

Remove all new Vader traveling in the shuttle shots from finale.

Improve last shot of our heroes as ship perspective changes.

ROTJ-
    Remove "Jedi Rocks" and replace with original scene. Perhaps slight lip enhancement for Sy Snootles, but REALISTIC.

PERHAPS restore cut scene involving luke communicating with Vader on Tatooine.

Redo Rancor compositing.

Remove Sarlaac beak.

Make Ewoks blink, and maybe help mouths move with CG, but ditch if it looks phony.

Change score for wedge and lando entering the main reactor to real intended version.

Have JW write an appropriately grand finale for the celebrations, symphonic, bittersweet and larger than life.

Improve or delete Coruscant celebration. Lighting, compositing, statue and extras all sucked.

Show a better shot of Tatooine at the end.

No Hayden, just a loving father.

10. DARTH LOEAK

Feb 13, 2000
    I just saw the new Jabba scene. I like it, but Han stepping on Jabba bugs me still. Why not do a cut from Han walking behind to Boba Fett looking on, then to Han on the other side of Jabba.

I also would change Han to shoot first. But I like him shooting twice.

11. DARTH_KULL

DARTH_KULL Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    This is what I would like to see in ?A NEW HOPE?

Light sabers and Laser effects are enhanced

Musical score is enhanced to include prequel music. Also, the music is much clearer and rescored.

Correct all the frame skips.

More exterior shots of ships.

After the 3PO/R2 scene, but before the boarding scene, a scene has been added to show princess Leia?s chamber in the Tantive 4. A Leia look-alike can be see wearing a beautiful, flowing dress. (Much like Padme?s in EP. 3, or Leia?s at the end of ?ANH?) She is accompanied by several aids or bodyguards dressed in the exact same white hooded dresses that Leia wears through the largest part of the movie. As the ship is being taken over, the group of young women rushes out of the room and down the corridor. One, Leia (shown from behind) does not follow the others, but sneaks off alone.

As Darth Vader comes through the door of the Tantive 4, the Imperial March plays low.

After Vader boards Tantive 4 and looks around, cut to Luke on Tatooine in the segment where he's watching the space battle through his binoculars. (Deleted scene)

Before the segment with Captain Antilles, cut back to Luke in Anchor-head, (now digitally enhanced with background characters and vehicles) Luke's CG land speeder is driving through the town and we see some wide shots of the town. An old woman yells at Luke "Won't you kids ever slow down!" as dust from his speeder gets all over her. Then we cut to the originally deleted footage of Luke and Biggs. Both scenes occur back to back. Then we go back to Tantive 4 and the scene of the prisoners walking down the corridor. (Deleted Scene)

There is now a nonfunctioning Battle Droid in the sand-crawler.

New Death star introduction. I'd have a build up to the technological terror. I'd have the camera come up to a Star destroyer as a shuttle comes out of it. The Camera would follow the shuttle to reveal the Death Star. Then a close-up of Vader inside the shuttle's cockpit looking on at the Death Star. Then cut to the shuttle landing and Vader walking out with a Princess Leia following. (HOW: CGI, use Ep3 Vader costume, and have a Leia stand-in shown from behind.)

Right before the scene were Tarkin comes into the conference room and says he's received work about the senate being dissolved, I'd put a scene were Palpatine dismisses the Senate. Mon Mothma could protest this. This would also include the use of minor force by a massive group of storm troopers.

Show Alderaan?s surface. Add scenes to allow the capital city to bee seen, finally stopping at the king?s palace. Bail (using Aging makeup) is talking with advisors about Leia?s delay. A much-aged Jar Jar Binks comes to inform Baal that there is still no word of his daughter?s whereabouts. Add shots of the populace of Alderaan looking up into the sky and seeing the Death Star there. Start with a shot of a single person pointing to the sky. Then hear commotion, then cut to a far shot of a whole crowd of people gathering around and staring into the sky. Then cut to Baal and Jar Jar talking about where Leia could be and how important it is that the death star plans arrive safely. Suddenly, an aid rushes in and tells Bail that there was something urgent he must see. Baal hurries to a palace balcony to see the Death Star in the sky. He watches as the green ray bursts from the Death Star.
    After the laser beam is fired, we see Baal and Jar Jar on the balcony, watching as the laser blasts the planet?s surface. The effect is greatly improved and actually breaks the planet apart blowing it up. New ominous music from Williams would underscore the scene.

Fix the cellblock corridor.

Make prequel trilogy species visible in the cantina scene (CG).

Add eopies to Mos Eisley

Replace Ponda Baba's cut off hand to look burned, not bloody (CG).

HAN SHOOTS GREEDO FIRST!

Improve the Jabba scene to match both TPM Jabba and the ROTJ Jabba. Keep Fett in there, but include a couple of brief cutaways to him and chewy during the conversation. A good place for one wou

12. DARTH_KULL

DARTH_KULL Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    This is what I would like to see in ?A NEW HOPE?

Light sabers and Laser effects are enhanced

Musical score is enhanced to include prequel music. Also, the music is much clearer and rescored.

Correct all the frame skips.

More exterior shots of ships.

After the 3PO/R2 scene, but before the boarding scene, a scene has been added to show princess Leia?s chamber in the Tantive 4. A Leia look-alike can be see wearing a beautiful, flowing dress. (Much like Padme?s in EP. 3, or Leia?s at the end of ?ANH?) She is accompanied by several aids or bodyguards dressed in the exact same white hooded dresses that Leia wears through the largest part of the movie. As the ship is being taken over, the group of young women rushes out of the room and down the corridor. One, Leia (shown from behind) does not follow the others, but sneaks off alone.

As Darth Vader comes through the door of the Tantive 4, the Imperial March plays low.

After Vader boards Tantive 4 and looks around, cut to Luke on Tatooine in the segment where he's watching the space battle through his binoculars. (Deleted scene)

Before the segment with Captain Antilles, cut back to Luke in Anchor-head, (now digitally enhanced with background characters and vehicles) Luke's CG land speeder is driving through the town and we see some wide shots of the town. An old woman yells at Luke "Won't you kids ever slow down!" as dust from his speeder gets all over her. Then we cut to the originally deleted footage of Luke and Biggs. Both scenes occur back to back. Then we go back to Tantive 4 and the scene of the prisoners walking down the corridor. (Deleted Scene)

There is now a nonfunctioning Battle Droid in the sand-crawler.

New Death star introduction. I'd have a build up to the technological terror. I'd have the camera come up to a Star destroyer as a shuttle comes out of it. The Camera would follow the shuttle to reveal the Death Star. Then a close-up of Vader inside the shuttle's cockpit looking on at the Death Star. Then cut to the shuttle landing and Vader walking out with a Princess Leia following. (HOW: CGI, use Ep3 Vader costume, and have a Leia stand-in shown from behind.)

Right before the scene were Tarkin comes into the conference room and says he's received work about the senate being dissolved, I'd put a scene were Palpatine dismisses the Senate. Mon Mothma could protest this. This would also include the use of minor force by a massive group of storm troopers.

Show Alderaan?s surface. Add scenes to allow the capital city to bee seen, finally stopping at the king?s palace. Bail (using Aging makeup) is talking with advisors about Leia?s delay. A much-aged Jar Jar Binks comes to inform Baal that there is still no word of his daughter?s whereabouts. Add shots of the populace of Alderaan looking up into the sky and seeing the Death Star there. Start with a shot of a single person pointing to the sky. Then hear commotion, then cut to a far shot of a whole crowd of people gathering around and staring into the sky. Then cut to Baal and Jar Jar talking about where Leia could be and how important it is that the death star plans arrive safely. Suddenly, an aid rushes in and tells Bail that there was something urgent he must see. Baal hurries to a palace balcony to see the Death Star in the sky. He watches as the green ray bursts from the Death Star.
    After the laser beam is fired, we see Baal and Jar Jar on the balcony, watching as the laser blasts the planet?s surface. The effect is greatly improved and actually breaks the planet apart blowing it up. New ominous music from Williams would underscore the scene.

Fix the cellblock corridor.

Make prequel trilogy species visible in the cantina scene (CG).

Add eopies to Mos Eisley

Replace Ponda Baba's cut off hand to look burned, not bloody (CG).

HAN SHOOTS GREEDO FIRST!

Improve the Jabba scene to match both TPM Jabba and the ROTJ Jabba. Keep Fett in there, but include a couple of brief cutaways to him and chewy during the conversation. A good place for one wou

13. DARTH LOEAK

Feb 13, 2000
    Darth Kull, did you get those ideas from me and the Vader Emperor scene too?

14. DARTH LOEAK

Feb 13, 2000
    To quote Anakin Skywalker. "You were right. Tell your sister you were right."

15. DARTH LOEAK

Feb 13, 2000
    I look back on my old posts with shame. I re-watched the Prequels in college and was embrassed. I'm very excited and hopeful for the future of Star Wars. I enjoyed the PT when I was young. I've outgrown them but I still enjoy and respect the OT. That I have not outgrown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.