main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Your Personal Canon

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by WriterMan, May 27, 2014.

1. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    I don't like Starkiller's exaggerated force powers either, but I do like the idea of Kota's militia in general and it with Kota himself being a founding member of the rebellion. I also like the reasons behind the Rebellion's formation as a botched attempt to round up and execute all the empire's enemies at once, as well as the starbird symbol origin.

2. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015

I loved that. I think that is one of my favorite parts of the story actually. Vader and Sidious essentially created the Rebel Alliance themselves by accident. I don't remember the dialogue from the novel, but in the video game Sidious tells Vader "You must be relentless Lord Vader. If even a single rebel survives, this alliance that we have unwittingly created will be our undoing." That line gave me chills.

darskpine10 and Joanne2108 like this.
  3. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I don't like considering them canon, I don't like a force user starting the rebellion and Starkiller is too powerful

4. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    I don't like the idea that the person behind the Creation of Rebellion was the Emperor. I liked that the Rebellion was something the Emperor didn't predicted.

5. Cheerios4u98

Mar 4, 2015
    Well right now in the official canon the rebellion is still started by force users.

I agree that Starkiller is too powerful. But in the novel his powers seem more realistic and less exaggerated than they are in the video game.

I really like the story of the first Force Unleashed. But the second one was pointless. Also, it ended on a massive cliffhanger that is now never going to be resolved, which is obnoxious.

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    She's allowed not to like the concept and I agree with her.

7. Cheerios4u98

Mar 4, 2015
    Not trying to start an argument or anything. Just pointing out that in both the EU and the "official canon" the rebellion is started by force users. The Force Unleashed isn't the only offender on that front. This thread is about our own "personal canons" am I'm aware that everyone is entitled to their own opinions about what they consider "true Star Wars." Not trying to say that anybody's wrong here as the whole basis of the thread is clearly about individual opinion.

8. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Nor am I but pointing it out doesn't change we don't like it.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Could believe in the Corellian treaty from the Han Solo trilogy.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Just read the old outline for an aborted SW origin tale. Interesting I like the idea of Corellia being an Earth colony. :)

Joanne2108 and Rogue_Wraith like this.
  11. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    I like the story actually. Palpatine spent his whole life manipulating and creating conflict to further his own goals so he could get into power, and then another one of his great schemes blows up in his face and ends up being the death of him.

12. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Too powerful in relation to Vader or Palpatine as they are portrayed in-game, or too powerful in general? Because Starkiller is hardly OTT when held against Palpatine and the majority of ancient Jedi and Sith (think Veitch, KJA, Avellone).

Agreed. Regardless of one's thoughts on the increasing focus on Force-users being the only relevant players in galactic history, from what had been established in the EU, the most powerful Sith Lord being undone by a mottley band of rebels seemed a little contrived, when previously only legions of Jedi, the unified strength of the Republic and Sith infigting had defeated lesser Dark Lords. Having a schemer do all his best to create and unify a rebel alliance that otherwise would not have formed, only for the villain to be thwarted by his own cunning device, is the only way to make sense of this in-universe, as well as being a satisfying utilisation of a common trope.

13. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013

The reason I don't like is sole base of makes non-force users seem incapable of doing anything, even think for themselves. It seems every story in Star Wars needs a Force user to do something to be relevant to the story.

I say again the Rebellion being created without the Emperor foreseeing its creation and specially created by non-force users, makes it more relevant.

14. Kevin Bloomfield

Kevin Bloomfield Jedi Padawan

Mar 6, 2014
    I agree with Grade, the emphasis on Force users makes the normals seem like those who need their hand held. How did Thrawn, Ackbar, and Pellaeon ever succeed without the Force then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Well, there is the fact that IRL, that would be the case. Even the weakest Force powers are ridiculously exploitable/munchkinnable (perpetual motion machines/infinite energy, not to mention the insanely underrated power of even minor precognition).

16. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    Wow - that's brilliant. Is that tale online somewhere? I'd love to read it. It seems to fit too. Corellia seems to have an Earth-like way of being.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  17. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
  18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Updated, new stuff is in bold.

19. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    Canon and Death Star

20. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015
    The Phantom menace.
    Attack of the clones
    Eyes of the revolution(comic book story)
    Clone wars 2d cartoon
    Revenge of the sith
    Old wounds(another comic book story and this one was intrestingly enough offically non canon from the start)
    A new hope
    Empire strikes back
    Return of the Jedi

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    What I do not view as my headcanon:
    The original clone wars cartoon.
    Any EU past ROTJ
    All Karen traviss novels except hard contact
    Vaders capture in TFU2(in my version starkiller dies but everything else is canon)
    Anything contradicted by the new EU(exception:eek:nly some plagueis chapters and not the book are contradicted by SOD so that book is staying in my headcanon)
    The approaching storm(I like to imagine the mission to Ansion wasn't just walking across plains for hundreds of pages)

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Also like the YodaKenobi NJO AU fanfic Revolution series set after Force Heretic 3 Reunion and are in place of The Final Prophecy and the Unifying Force. Empire of the Hand and the Legacy of the Sith series are good follow ups as well.
    Also like the NJO AU fanfic series A Destiny Altered Universe which starts close to the end of Star By Star. Goes until the end of the NJO then continues on to Caught Between Destiny and Fate and then moves to the A Fate Unseen trilogy, which is a remake of DNT/LOTF/FOTJ. Though only at the DNT remake right now. Also includes Forging the Future set early in the NJO series.

23. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    Hmm - the way I see it honestly - I don't 'give a Force' much really with the Canon BUT as long as the EU pretty much is still used and used for useful material and guidance it seems fine with me pretty much the entire EU (given after all Star Wars for 30 years until 2013 or so before being bought by Disney) should really still be considered now and then ... that is, as long as there's no nonsense or F.I.T.S. Disney cooks up like 'there is no such thing as the Force!' 'Palpatine, Luke and Master Yoda never existed!' or you literally get Mickey Mousewalkers on the screen ...

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I consider *everything* to be canon and input a few personal fixes to get us through conflicts.

1. Move the Obsession comic to before Ventress returning to Dathomir and Grievous slaughtering the witches.

2. Vader escapes after Force Unleashed 2 with the aid of his new secret apprentice and the Rebels abandon the base on Dantooine, but the turnaround sees there be no more Jedi within the Rebellion by the time Luke appears, which fits Episode IV.

3. The Outer Rim Alliance from Invasion is undone off-screen when the Queen reveals she is Yuuzhan Vong, and it's big statement forgotten as the Remnant directly joins the war beside the Republic and not the Alliance. The survivors are present at the Battle of Ithor.

4. The Sith references that make no sense because of the movement of the foundation of the Sith from the First to Second Schism relate to an older Sith Order that is locked in the Chiloon Rift by the Celestials or anchored to bodies and sealed in carbonite by Revan.

5. Evan Piell is memorised by another Lannik taking his name, Piell having became a title due to his importance to the homeworld. You'll note that the Piell in the novels has two eyes, at times, not one.

I imagine I'll need some more retcons to get us through Episode VII but the Clone Wars has shown us that moving events to different dates fits well.

Sent from the World

25. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    All 6 movies

2003 Clone Wars

The Clone Wars vidoe game from 2003

Republic Commando

Jedi Outcast

Jedi Academy

KOTOR/KOTOR 2

The Thrwan Trilogy

Labyrinth Of Evil

Some parts of The Clone Wars 2008 (Maul never came back. Barriss never turned bad. But for the sake of the story; Luminara discovered that there was a strange necklace around her neck(courtesy of Sheev) during her intergation and Anakin pulled the necklace off of her through the force because he has seen one like it before. Barriss was distraught about everything that had happened. Luminara took her back to the temple and began a great journey for redemption.) Got that from a good fanfic.

Star Wars Rebels (Luminara died the good fight in Order 66. Not taken prisoner.)

Amon_Amarth likes this.