main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Your Personal Canon

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by WriterMan, May 27, 2014.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    6. Barriss, Depa and Vos, among others, were pardoned by the Chancellor and their recoveries allowed for them to rejoin the war. Palpatine simply, sadly, of course, claims his hands are tied by the Jedi Council when challenged by the people about his decision. However, this was purely a ploy by Palpatine to get more Jedi off Coruscant by the time Order 66 happens, and the added benefit of making the Jedi seem like the true parties behind the war.

Sent from the World

2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    My personal canon....or what I'd like to be canon...

-SW:TOR's storyline (not sure about the new expansion yet, though)
    -Old Republic novels
    -Knight Errant novel
    -KOTOR I and II
    -Darth Plagueis
    -Prequels
    -Battlefront II's storyline
    -Republic Commando
    -The storyline of TCW, not every detail
    -The storyline of Rebels, not every detail though.
    -Original Trilogy
    -The movie novelizations
    -Medstar I and II
    -Tarkin and A New Dawn.
    -Certain EU characters (mostly from comics)
    -Certain concepts/planet names/cultures
    -BBY/ABY calendar

I would say Aftermath, but I have no idea how that's going to turn out. I'm nervous about it.

3. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    Eh, I'm a very picky person, in that I like parts of things without liking it as a whole. I have certain scenes that I'll go back to and enjoy while not liking the book/episode/etc. as a whole. I can't say there's any EU material that I enjoyed in it's entirety. I have a cut and paste sort of canon.

4. Regan21286

Regan21286 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    My list:

Knights of the Old Republic I & II
    Knights of the Old Republic comics
    Star Wars: Obi-Wan
    Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    Star Wars Starfighter + Jedi Starfighter
    Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    Republic Commando
    Generally all prequel based novels
    The Clone Wars (TV series)
    Clone Wars (TV series)
    The Clone Wars (Video game)
    Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    Revenge of the Sith novelization
    Star Wars Force Unleashed I & II
    The Lando Calrissian Adventures
    Han Solo Trilogy
    Han Solo Adventures
    Dark Forces I, II, Mysteries of the Sith, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy
    Force Commander
    Episode IV: A New Hope
    X-Wing + X-Wing Alliance
    Star Wars Rebellion + Empire comics
    Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    Shadows of the Empire + later comics
    Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    Tatooine Ghost
    I, Jedi
    Rogue Squadron comics
    Rogue Squadron novels
    Wraith Squadron novels
    The Courtship of Princess Leia
    The Thrawn Trilogy
    Crimson Empire series
    Specter of the Past + Vision of the Future
    Union comic (really most of the Dark Horse comics)

TBH, I was kinda meh with the NJO, even with Allston and Wraith Squadron entrances, and it wouldn't be the worst if that was jettisoned. It was a bit uneven and made Game of Thrones look like a Disney series in terms of casualty rates.

Blade Of Kenobi and GrimdarkRose like this.
  5. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Tardis: I am rather like you. It is a very seldom feat for Cushy to like something over all. I prefer elements to books. Characters, planets, creatures, vehicles. I do like 80% of Tarkin though. :) The chase was dull and Teller and gang were lame but otherwise.

6. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I like parts of movies and books too and it's not just in Star Wars but in other fandoms.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  7. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Tales of the Jedi
    KOTOR
    KOTOR 2
    Bane Trilogy
    Phantom Menace
    Jedi Quest: Path of Truth (but not any of the subsequent works from that writer)
    Rogue Planet
    Outbound Flight
    Attack of the Clones
    Revenge of the Sith
    Original Trilogy
    X-Wing stuff, Thrawn Trilogy and Kyle, Jaden and basically everything needed for NJO.

I'd include episodes of Clone Wars that don't have Ahsoka as Anakin's padawan, Maul alive, Slave One destroyed and Boba in denial about being a clone and so on but best to just see it as it's own continuity.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  8. Valbino

Valbino Jedi Master

Aug 9, 2008
    I'm alright with most of the established EU except for the TOR novels by Karpyshyn and anything after the YJK series. Also those terrible books with Ken and Triclops, I forget what they were called.

I'm cautiously optimistic about what they're planning on doing with post-movie canon I guess, but not holding my breath.

9. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    After reading some stuff, I've changed my mind on a couple of things. I kind of deleted the new canon from my list, but forgot I even had posted here. Just what I listed from Legends and the films count for me now. I realized I liked stuff from Legends too much to have the contradictory stuff in the TV shows and new books.
    I enjoy them but it's not my canon.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  10. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Personal canon? Well some time ago I'd have said all of it without blinking. Now? Still everything until Aftermath and the Shattered Empire come out. Then, if they are good, and not just generic, lackluster SW like the current Marvel's Star Wars, but able to stand shoulder to shoulder with the Thrawn Trilogy, then I will accept this as NEU-headcanon. Otherwise, Legends will remain a personal canon.

If I was given the opportunity to save some EU pieces into the One True Canon, it would have been: Thrawn (all of Zahn stuff actually), Labyrinth of Evil, X-Wing, Jedi Outcast/Academy, Young Jedi Knights, NJO, Dark Nest maybe, and most of Dark Horse comics, especially KOTOR, Legacy, Dark Times, TOTJ and Republic.

I also *prefer* what we knew of Revan & co. before SWTOR retconned some of it, but not enough to divide things into "canon" and "personal canon".

Iron_lord and spicer like this.
  11. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    My updated list.

Everything except:

TCW

TFU 1 and 2

TOR and its tie in material (like the Revan book)

Most new stuff in the new canon so far

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Until something in Legends is discredited and explicitly proved as to have not happened, I still think a chunk of stories fit. I mean, how can someone wipe Han Solo at Star's End from canon? It's an adventure Chewie and Han have when they were smuggling!

Palp_Faction likes this.
  13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    One of my headcanons is that Sly Moore is a descendent of Darth Ruin.

14. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Pretty much everything in the old EU, the CT, the PT, and TCW = my personal canon.

B99 likes this.
  15. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The 6 films
    The Clone Wars
    The Force Unleashed 1 and 2
    Darth Plagueis

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    My canon:

StarWars I-IX
    That's it.

I consider a lot of other things, like:
    TCW
    Anthology
    comics
    but to me (even though I love those other canon material)that's all I think is that important..:cool:

17. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    I don't know if I've posted here before, but it keeps changing so I'll post again. Pretty much everything that's EU canon with some exceptions:

1. The Sith Empire founded by the exiled dark jedi lasted a lot longer, meaning the hundred year darkness happened a lot earlier.
    2. Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior characters for swtor's Makeb storyline, specifically warrior after that.
    3. Sith "pureblood" breeding in the Dromund Kaas SIth Empire is heavily restricted, meaning no hybrids so diluted they're indistinguishable from humans. By the new sith wars, no sith species bloodline remains.
    4. Darth Plagueis dies several years before TPM.
    5. No The Force Unleashed storyline, minus Kota's Militia. Also no Dark Empire or lost tribe of the sith.
    6. All separatists holdouts wiped out within a decade of the Empire's formation. The Empire enjoys a brief period of peaceful, uncontested domination over the galaxy.
    7. New Canon accepted over whatever old canon it contradicts. However, the First Order falls eventually and EU history resumes at the point of the Fel Empire's formation.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  18. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    Eps I-VII and anything else that isn't contradicted by them. Jaxxon lives!!!

19. Robby

Robby Jedi Knight

Nov 17, 2015
    I know I may be in the vast minority here, but I actually haven't read any of the EU books (though I am familiar with some stories and characters.) So what I consider to be canon aside for the films are:

KotOR
    The Force Unleashed.

Again, I know I am in the minority and my list is short but I can only speak on what I have experienced first hand. The KotOR games, especially the first game completely consumed me. I played it multiple times, and it never got old. I loved the feel of the universe and when it took place. One of my top games of all time FOR CERTAIN!

Force Unleashed to me, was awesome. The trailers were cool, then I heard that Lucas himself had worked on the story. I know a lot of purestS didn't like the game, stating that Starkiller was "too powerful". To that I just say you have to have good game play to keep a player engaged but also Starkiller is also the offspring of 2 Jedi. His force powers would be pretty strong. I loved what is family Crest became, and I dig how Vader had a secret apprentice that started the whole rebelion.

That's just me, and I can't wait to see Force Awakens tomorrow!

20. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    I will always consider the Darth Bane Trilogy canon...until they make a movie about him or something. Then I guess that will be out.

21. AbsolX

AbsolX Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2015
    My list is:
    Disney's cannon
    Jedi Quest series
    Jedi Apprentice series
    All the info books

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Still everything.

I move everything post-Endor, but pre-TFA, four years forward and leave the rest where it is, Chewbacca, Ackbar and so on are alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Joseon194

Joseon194 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2015
    Movies
    Thrawn
    Episode VII

why? because Thrawn, thats why

24. Darth Dobrolous

Darth Dobrolous Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 7, 2016
    Honestly, right now I a not sure...there's a lot of EU I am not familiar with.

But right now...something along the lines of

Dawn of the Jedi Comics
    Knights of the Old Republic Saga
    Darth Bane era
    Cloak of deception
    Episode I
    Outbound Flight
    The Approaching Storm
    Episode II
    Don't know about Clone Wars stuff
    Labyrinth of Evil
    Episode III
    Han Solo trilogy
    Lando Calrissian adventures
    Han Solo adventures
    Death Star
    Episode IV
    Splinter of the Mind's Eye
    Episode V
    Shadows of the Empire
    Return of the Jedi
    First 8 books of the X Wing Series
    The Courtship of Princess Leia
    Jedi Academy Trilogy
    Darksaber
    Black Fleet Crisis
    Hand of Thrawn Duology
    Episode VII

I know there are a few inconsistencies that need matching up, but I am sure I can work out out.

lookameatbag likes this.
  25. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    The major events in the Galaxy Far Far Away spanning fifty years before and after the Battle of Yavin were depicted in the Journal of the Whills. The exact history of how the supposed "journal" came about or who the "Whills" are is shrouded in mystery, but it is believed that it was written first many years after actual events had taken place and that parts have been added to, removed or otherwise revised.
    Only fragments still exist in our time and are in a language that is still not entirely fully understood. There has therefore been much contention between various scholars on how many parts of the journal should be interpreted.

This is my interpretation:
    • Darth Bane novels, except that Cortosis was mined for personal armour, not ship armour
    • Star Wars - Episode I - The Phantom Menace: Major events, not details.
    • Star Wars - Episode II - Attack of the Clones: Major events, not details.
    • 1999 - 2005 Comics: Including Asajj Ventress' original origin story and defecting Jedi. No Durge.
    • Genndy Tartakovskij's "Clone Wars" series. Except Durge. Asajj Ventress does not call herself Sith.
    • Dave Filoni's The Clone Wars: The broad picture, not details. No parts of Asajj Ventress' origin story that conflict with earlier comic books
    • Labyrinth of Evil
    • Star Wars - Episode III - Revenge of the Sith: Major events, not details.
    • Kyle Katarn is part of the team that acquires the Death Star plans.
    • Star Wars - Episode VI - A New Hope: Original theatrical version
    • Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina
    • Holiday Special animated part with the first encounter of Boba Fett
    • Star Wars - Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back: Original theatrical version
    • Star Wars - Episode VI - Return of the Jedi: Original theatrical version
    • Tales from Jabba's Palace
    • The Thrawn Trilogy
    • Dark Forces II - Jedi Knight
    • Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
    • Jedi Knight III - Jedi Academy
    • X-wing novels, except for Starfighters of Adumar.
    • I Jedi, but no Sun Crusher
    • Luke married Mara Jade. She died somehow.
    • Han and Leia got two twin children: Jacen and Jaina, both trained as Jedi.
    • Han Solo and his kids twarted an attempt to use Centerpoint station as a weapon against the Republic.
    • Star Wars - Episode VII - The Force Awakens. Some events but not quite the same way. The Starkiller is an ancient artifact - a doomsday weapon that disintegrated (as it had been designed) when the First Order used it to destroy the Hosnian sun. The Jedi are not gone or reduced to one - they have merely chosen to keep a low profile. The movie got the name of the Solo kid wrong.
    If there is something I omitted, it is mostly because I have not read that book or played that game and some things I have not decided on. All tales have not been told - I keep those questions open: But if Luke and Mara had a kid, it would have been an only son and he would have been named Ben.

lookameatbag likes this.