main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Your Personal Canon

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by WriterMan, May 27, 2014.

1. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    My list:
    -Everything Legends EU up to TPM
    -TPM
    -Everything Legends EU up to AotC
    -AotC
    -CW Micro-series
    -TCW (occurs during the montage in the Micro-Series)
    -RotS
    -Rebels
    -Rogue One
    -ANH
    -ESB
    -RotJ
    -Disney EU
    -TFA

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  2. smittyjaja

smittyjaja Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2016
    Everything up to The Phantom Menace (Dawn of the Jedi, Tales, TOR etc etc etc...)
    and then everything considered canon from the Phantom Menace going forward

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    The OT

Thrawn Trilogy
    X-Wing Series
    Young/Junior Jedi Knights.
    Rebels TV series.

Force Awakens is an alternate timeline.

4. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    I've got as many cannons as a comic book as I'm such a greedy woman :)

seventhbeacon likes this.
  5. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    My personal Star Wars universe consists of everything from the Legends universe that is officially labeled as canon, except everything set after the NJO series (like FotJ and Legacy) and a certain few other works (for example, The Force Unleashed and the Marvel comics). I also prefer the older novels and comic books over the TV shows TCW and Rebels. The new films (The Force Awakens, Rogue One etc.) create an alternative timeline - in my personal opinion, inferior in quality to the classic universe.

6. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    • The Mandalorian Wars- aside from Carrick and some of Malachor V
    • The Star Wars Saga- TFA is an alternate timeline
    • KotOR I
    • Thrawn- but not the trilogy
    • TCW- Only some, mostly the start
    • Lost Stars- aside from the shift swapping bit
    • Dash Render
    • And some other stuff I may name another time....

7. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Here is my personal canon:

The Star Wars Movie Saga (yes, even The Force Awakens)
    Before the Awakening
    Aftermath
    Probably all other new canon adult and young adult novels.
    The Clone Wars (2008)
    Star Wars: Rebels
    Any new upcoming movie/TV show

I think that's everything.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    - Episodes I-VI
    - Ewok movies
    - all novels up to Millennium Falcon
    - Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wanted to do separate Legends and canon timelins, but I decided it's easier to gloss over Legends-Canon differences when formatting a forum post:
    - TOTJ (excluding Golden Age and Fall of)
    - Plagueis (with Plagueis dying earlier)
    - Cloak of Deception
    - TPM
    - AOTC
    - TCW
    - ROTS and novelization
    - Ahsoka
    - Tarkin
    - Thrawn
    - Rebels
    - ANH and Bracken novel
    - Lost Stars
    - Rogue Squadron I and II
    - Lando
    - Darth Vader
    - ESB
    - Moving Target
    - ROTJ
    - Aftermath trilogy
    - Thrawn trilogy
    - Bloodline
    - TFA

lookameatbag and PCCViking like this.
  10. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Let's see. I would keep all of the Legends, nix the NJO axing Chewie and Anakin and have Thra (the planet from the movie The Dark Crystal) be a sister planet to Zenoma Sekot. Also, Jaina would marry Zekk (not Jag Fel) and Wedge would be a descendant of Aragon and Arwen from Lord of the Rings because the Corellian system is where the whole saga went down as CenterPoint Station was the original One Ring.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    WOW nice idea. :p

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  12. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Thanks. I have had the whole LOTR-Corellia connection floating around as my head cannon for a few years now.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Here's my update.

All of the Legends and films up to 4 ABY.

Place everything between RotJ and Krytos Trap between RotJ and Aftermath 3/Lost Stars.

Move forward everything afterwards by the lost three and a half years.

Bloodline takes place between NJO (taking four years as it actually does), and DNT, five years after NJO.

LotF takes place between DNT and TFA.

FotJ and Legacy take place in the universe that Caedus created by changing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spicer and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  14. Ord Sorrell

Ord Sorrell Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2016
    The longer you spend in the star wars universe of your mind, the more you will develop your own canon and even develop your own fiction to add to that canon.

Those of us who are truly obsessed with star wars have created our own alternate universein our minds, I have meshed together a lot of canon and eu, and have even modified film canon to fit my idea of what the universe should be. The list would be far too long for me to write all the sources down, but I also adopt some west end sourcebooks for my version of "canon". Those west end sourcebooks have a wealth of information on characters, technology and vehicles.

15. zchmrkenhoff

zchmrkenhoff Jedi Knight

Jun 17, 2015
    I think personal canon is the only way to go at this point. I am even considering stuff from the new Disney EU into my own personal canon if it works. I reject Force Awakens because I thought it sucked so I'm going to side more with the old EU.

I don't understand how people can end their personal canon with RoTJ and say "everything after that will be replaced by Disney." That's pretty stupid. There's dozens of well-written books there of which I've only read a few so far but I like them a lot. For example, Thrawn, Jedi Academy, Courtship, Truce at Bakura, and X-Wing. These books are well-written and advance the Star Wars story in a natural way.

At the same time, I hate what Karen Travis did to the Republic Commando series. I only consider the game and Hard Contact to be canon. I've also read Shatterpoint and think that's pretty good.

16. Lord Stott

Lord Stott Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 4, 2016
    Unfortunately, I haven't been able to read nearly as much EU novels as I would like to. However, my canon includes the films, most of Rebels and much of what I've read upon Wookiepedia. The new Ahsoka novel sounds like ***** with their "lore" on Sith lightsabre crystals and I never liked a lot of The Clone Wars, although there is quite a bit in there that I include in my own canon.

Not to mention some of my own invented "canon" ;)

Ord Sorrell likes this.
  17. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Once chosen, most lightsabers became blue or green, though other shades were created in rare instances, most notably Mace Windu's purple blade, the Rodian Jedi Huulik's purple blade, the yellow blades of the Jedi Temple Guards, the black darksaber, and Ahsoka Tano's white lightsabers.

This is lame.

Blade Of Kenobi likes this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    3 timelines.
    Timeline 1
    The old EU.
    Timeline 2
    A Destiny Altered Series. Followed by the A Fate Unseen trilogy and the Ultimate trilogy.
    Created from the novel Inferno when Darth Caedus and Tahiri flow-walked back to Anakin Solo's death and changed history.
    Timeline 3.
    The NEU
    When Snoke flow-walked back from Korriban Night of Ultimate Remembrance, he created the NEU.
    Until we find out Snoke's origins, this is my theory and I'm sticking to it.
    Shouldn't be too hard to figure out a way to work around whatever the movies throw at us for Snoke's origins.

19. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    My personal canon is all the movies and expanded universe except the Disneyverse stuff and anything in the Legacy era excluding the Legacy comics, because those were really good. Oh, and also excluding the Holiday Special because that was crap.

20. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Everything pre-Phantom Menace
    Star Wars: Clone Wars
    Shatterpoint
    Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
    Kenobi
    Episode I-6 novelizations
    +Everything officially canon that doesn't contradict the Legends material I mentioned

lookameatbag and spicer like this.
  21. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    I have three Canons.

- Official Disneyverse. (The Vong didn't appeal to me, but Legacy and Karen Travis killed EU for me).
    - My personal fanfction universe.
    - MY RPG Universe (where it is open to creativity and anything can happen). :p

22. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I have several timelines in my "Multiverse".

Everything "Legends and "Canon" up to the Battle of Jakku. "Legends" from that point onward.
    Everything "Legends and "Canon" up to the Battle of Jakku. "Canon" from that point onward.
    A bunch of other timelines (Infinities, Dark-Side Endings, etc.)

Basically the timeline splits at the Battle of Jakku. In the first timeline: The Empire wins at Jakku sparking a future where the Empire eventually returns to power after the Vong war ([face_dancing]).

In the second timeline: The Rebels win Jakku, creating a timeline where the Empire surrenders, leading to the rise of the 1st Order amidst the chaos of the Vong's invasion.

SkyJade114 and Darth Dnej like this.
  23. Togrutan_Sith

Togrutan_Sith Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 8, 2016
    For me only the movies (not the books, didn't read those) and maybe the CW series from 2003

24. SouthernYankeeJedi

SouthernYankeeJedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2017
    I count Episodes I, II, III, IV, V, VI as canon, obviously, so no need to go into detail for that :p I also count Rogue One as canon. It was great stuff and, imo, it didn't really disrupt anything from the Legends predecessors.

My Personal Canon (going off Wookiepedia's vague era definitions:
    - The Old Republic Era: This era is important relevant historical background, so I consider this all canon. Includes stuff like Tales of the Jedi, Knights of the Old Republic.

I only really know the basics of this era, but it's important to have in my personal canon as a historical predecessor to the trilogies and everything in between the trilogies.

- The Rise of the Empire Era: Pretty much everything in this era is the main focus of my fandom. Including Darth Plagueis, The Legacy of The Jedi, Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest, Star Wars: Republic, EVERYTHING from the Clone Wars era (comics, books, TV show etc...). Also includes most of the Post-ROTS/Pre-ANH stuff as well.

The Clone Wars is simply my favorite portion of Star Wars. The stories of Grievous' encounters w/ the Jedi; the great battles led by great Jedi and clone commanders and commandos...I loved it all. I also really like the pre-Phantom Menace stuff as well. Particularly stuff about Obi-Wan's journey as a young man and his travels w/ Qui Gon. and his friendships with people like Siri Tachi.

- The Rebellion Era: Everything up to the end of the Battle of Endor.

Everything afterwards, I am a bit more torn on.

I loved the New Republic and New Jedi Order era stuff. I think I'd lean in favor of keeping this stuff in my personal canon but I won't commit one way or another until the 8th and 9th movies come out.

I liked The Force Awakens, but....It ruined my vision of the the New Republic/New Jedi Order. I also dislike Kylo Ren intensely. Not the best bad guy - and definitely cannot compare to Vader or any of the other great Siths.

Blade Of Kenobi likes this.
  25. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Everything up until Zannah kills Bane is canon, with the notable caveat that Karpyshyn>Jedi vs Sith.

PT era is... not the films. Novelisations and the stuff around them (Approching Storm, Labyrinth etc) are cool, as are the original Clone Wars books (decanonise Shatterpoint will you?). Rise of the Dark Lord can stay.

Then ANH onwards, ignoring Jedi Prince and some of Denning's more notable destructions. TFA doesn't exist.

Amon_Amarth and Togrutan_Jedi like this.