main
side
curve

Discussions Your Personal Canon

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by WriterMan, May 27, 2014.

1. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Force Ghost star 6

Sep 25, 2015
    Including the new Disney canon, I would add these books from Legends:

Lost Tribe of the Sith: The Collected Stories
    Darth Plagueis
    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
    Labyrinth of Evil
    Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
    Kenobi
    Shadows of the Empire

2. imiller

imiller Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2004
    The original trilogy
    The X-Wing novels, comics, and games
    The Zahn novels

Almost everything else is fun, but not central to my conception of Star Wars. The exception - the things I boot completely from my canon, are everything Troy Denning has ever done (including Star by Star). And Sacrifice.

3. Uncivilized

Uncivilized Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2015
    I have two canons. I decided to reconcile Old Canon with New Canon by accepting that Disney simply rebooted the entire story just as super-hero comics tend to do. Nothing lasts forever. I have one book shelf with the Old Canon and one with the New Canon.

Anything with Ahsoka including the TCW animation is included in the New Canon only. The only books that I leave completely out of both canons are Splinter of the Mind's Eye and Force Unleashed because they don't work for obvious reasons. And of course I include EP 1-6 in both canons.

So as far as I'm concerned the Old Canon is a closed story beginning with TOR and ending with Fate of the Jedi. I have been collecting the books since the early 90's and I have no problem with the fresh start that Disney has injected into the story.

4. Harlock999

Harlock999 Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2017
    My personal canon includes FOUR different "timelines" or "dimensions"...

(1) Episodes I-VI + the two animated Clone Wars series

(2) Episodes IV-VI + the original Marvel comics series

(3) Episodes I-VI + the two animated Clone Wars series + a small handful of the EU novels, comics, and video games that I enjoyed:
    - Tales of the Jedi
    - Knights of the Old Republic video game
    - Red Harvest
    - John Ostrander's Quinlan Vos/Clone Wars comics
    - Republic Commando video game
    - Clone Wars Adventures comics
    - The Force Unleashed video game
    - Lando Adventures
    - Han Solo trilogy
    - Han Solo Adventures
    - Death Troopers
    - Shadow Games
    - Al Williamson's classic Star Wars comic strips
    - X-Wing/TIE Fighter/X-Wing Alliance PC games
    - Shadows of the Empire
    - Courtship of Princess Leia
    - Thrawn trilogy
    - Dark Empire trilogy
    - Black Fleet Crisis trilogy

(4) Episodes I-VI + TCW + all of this new Disney material

I would say, for me, (1) represents the "true" canon. (3) is probably my personal favorite. (2) is a lot of fun, but understandably crazy. And (4) is my least favorite.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  5. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    My personal Canon is structured into different levels: Level 1- KOTOR and SWTOR, The Skywalker Saga[The PT(TPM, AOTC, ROTS including their respective Novelizations and most of the deleted scenes) The OT(ANH, TESB, ROTJ and some of the deleted scenes Note: the Novelizations are on level 4, see below, due to the contradictions especially Star Wars From The Adventures of Luke Skywalker) The ST(TFA, TLJ, EP IX and their Novelizations and some non-contradictory deleted scenes)] the two animated series TCW(including the unfinished episodes, unproduced arcs such as The Siege Of Mandalore and Dark Disciple a d Darth Maul Son of Dathomir) and Rebels(including the novel A New Dawn,Rebels Comics and the Ashoka novel), the standalone Anthology Film R1 and possibly the Obi-Wan standalone movie.
    Level 2-Disney EU, the 2019 Star Wars live-action TV series, the Anthology Films, and Rian Johnson's Trilogy(if he still has that at this point)
    Level 3-Most of Legends, such as The Clone Wars Multimedia Project which included the 2003 Microseries, the Republic Comics, as well as The Thrawn Trilogy, The NJO, LOTF, FOTJ etc
    Level 4-older EU material such as Splinter of the Mind's Eye, Ewoks and Droids the original Marvel Star Wars Comics etc
    Level 5-non-canon material separate from both timelines, such as Infinities, Lego Star Wars, The Star Wars comic book miniseries that was based off of one of the early drafts for the original film, etc
    and finally the horrible Holiday Special is in a very, very low level. It's not level 6, it's just out there on its own.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  6. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    What to do with TLJ?
    The Mandator IV (Albeit slightly different) would be one of the strongest warships in the Imperial Remnant.
    Amylin Holdo would be a Barolian.
    She would die in the Vong War ramming her Mediator into a Worldship.
    Canto Bight would slowly lose money as the Civil War wound down. It would eventually be abandoned with the Vong invasion commencing.
    BB droids would be a promising new design, but ultimately run out of business by the ever-evolving R series.
    Ach-To would be one of the Jedi's first worlds, though most Jedi traced their roots to Tython.
    Crait would be one of the New Republic's fallback worlds during the resurrected Palpatine's conquest.
    The T-70 X-Wing would largely replace the 65 late in the CivWar. Pretty much any 65s during the Vong War and later would be retconned to 70s. The 85 would never be invented. The X-Wings would evolve into the Stealth X and later Twin Tail to serve the Jedi.

7. Your Pal Friendpatine

Your Pal Friendpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2017
    The Classic Trilogy, the Thrawn Trilogy and all 11 seasons of Cheers.

PCCViking likes this.