main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Place in Time

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ejedir2, Jun 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    This is a take off of Caddal's cross-over. So here it is!!!

?Obi-Wan, wake up.? Qui-Gon gently shook his Padawan.

Obi-Wan squinted in the light, ?I just went to sleep.?

?You?ve had two hours,? Qui-Gon helped him out of bed. ?Get dressed. The Council has asked to speak with us.?

?All right.? The eighteen year old dragged himself out of bed and into his Jedi attire. He took a comb and raked it through his hair twice. //Ah, the glory of padawan-style hair.// He smiled and walked into the main living quarters.

?Here,? Qui-Gon pushed a plate of food toward him. ?Eat quickly.?

Obi-Wan looked at his Master studying his data-pad. ?Aren?t you going to eat??

?I already did.? Qui-Gon said without looking up. ?Hurry now.?

Obi-Wan shoveled the food into his mouth, then helped himself to a bit more. No need to be food deprived when you are sleep deprived. He finished the last of it. ?Done.?

Qui-Gon looked up. ?Good. You have everything packed that you need?? Obi-Wan nodded. He always kept one bag packed in case events like this happened. He had two of just about everything. ?Let?s go then.?

Qui-Gon walked in front of his apprentice. They left their bags near the entrance to Coucil chamber. The door opened, and the two were let in. ?Fast you were Qui-Gon.? Yoda nodded at them. Both Jedi bowed. ?A new mission for you we have.?

Mace Windu explained the mission, ?You are to go to the planet of Nal Hutta, the Hutt homeworld. You are there purely to investigate the slavery claims worlds such as Ryloth have made. Nothing more. We have chosen you specifically for this mission and we know that we can trust your judgement. You will do what is necessary to find out this information. We must send you now, before the Hutts have time to prepare.?

?Is this the full mission?? Qui-Gon asked.

?It is as of right now. It may change.? Mace replied.

?Then we will leave immediately. Are we flying there or do we have a pilot.?

?Go alone you shall.? Yoda spoke. Qui-Gon bowed to the Council, Obi-Wan followed suit. Qui-Gon left the Council chamber, followed closely by Obi-Wan. They picked up their things and walked to their transport in silence.

Denaj the Hutt was clan leader of the supposed ?smallest? clan on Nal Hutta. But Denaj had brought prosperity and wealth to his clan. He started the slave trade. Not only had he started the slave trade. . .but he had also found a way to keep such bright prospects and profit hidden from clans such as Desilijic and Besadii, that was an even greater feat than the credits. . .maybe. Soon, if business proceeded as planned, he would have enough money and his clan, the all-powerful Sacaljia, would rule Nal Hutta. Besadii and Desilijic would worship him. EVERYONE would worship him.

A young Hutt, barely past the age of adulthood, slithered into his prescence, unannounced. Denaj shoted at him in Huttese, ?What do you think you are doing? Interrupting the leader of this clan? How dare you??

The young Hutt bowed, ?I am sorry, but the message was urgent.?

?Then tell me, and quickly get out of my sight.?

?Our Coruscant scout said the Jedi are coming. Here to Nal Hutta to investigate the slavery claims. They are sending two of them! They have just left Coruscant, and they are alone.?

Denaj contemplated the situation. He knew, almost for a fact, that his clan was the only one involved in slaving lower beings from other worlds. ?We must stop them. Get out of here.? The Hutt left Denaj to himself. Denaj moved his repulsor sled to the comm station near the wall. He entered his code and punched in the destination code. A few minutes later, a human answered the call.

?What do you want Denaj?? The man?s blue eyes bore into Denaj, and his hair was a firey red.

Denaj chuckled, ?Such a way to greet me? When I am about to offer you work?? His basic was slurred and could only be understood with much difficulty. ?Well, Jetter??

Jetter rolled his eyes and shrugged. ?How much??

Denaj looked hard at the man. ?Fifty

2. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    Hurray!!!!! It's making sense!!!! But i have one question. Why dose Qui-Gon seem, well, a bit depatched? He dosen't seem to be acting like himself.

3. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Me like a lot. Something does seem to be amiss with good old Qui-Gon, can't wait to find out exactly what that might be!!!!!

4. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Hehe. I just noticed my mistake. The actual title is supposed to be "Your Place in Time." Okay, call me stupid. . .:D I'll post more tomorrow!

5. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Good Job. Finally found this story and it is awesome.

6. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    I'm glad you peeps are all replying and liking it!!! Is it better than the old one? Now. . .go read my other story, The Foolish and the Weak: A Corran Horn Story. It was started by me when I was just plain Ejedir. Go READ! Enjoy!!!

The apprentice took evasive maneuvers, being sure to know where the opponent was at all times. He glanced at his approach vector for Nal Hutta. The Council had contacted them when they dropped from hyperspace in the middle of their trip, telling them the coordinates of their landing point. Obi-Wan pulled back on the throttle to enter the atmosphere. Nal Hutta was a horrible planet, and Obi-Wan could not see how the Hutt?s could consider this their home. He felt a few blasts of laser fire from behind, but dove into the landing bay before any harmful blasts penetrated his shields.

?Well done Obi-Wan.? Qui-Gon stood and Obi-Wan breathed a sigh of relief. They had made it. Supposedly a delegate from one of the clans was supposed to meet them. Obi-Wan pulled himself from his chair and followed his Master out the exit. Immediately a wave of foul smelling Hutt odor wafted through the air.

?Master. .? he said softly. Qui-Gon shook his head. Obi-Wan was silent.

A Hutt loomed over them, and gave, what Obi-Wan thought, was the equivalent of a Hutt smile, and asked in Huttese, ?Can you speak the high language of the chosen people of the universe??

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes, his Master gave him a reprival over their bond, while responding to the Hutt. ?I can understand the chosen language well, but I am afraid that I do not speak it.?

?That is fine.? The Hutt boomed. ?I understand your petty tongue. I am Jiliac, heir to the Desilijic clan. I hope to obtain my assets soon. My parent is getting old after all.? Jiliac?s laughter echoed throughout the building.

Obi-Wan couldn?t believe what he was hearing. This being was wishing for his parent?s death. //How utterly ridiculous.//

Jiliac gave a sigh, ?Though I have been running the clan for almost two centuries now, my parent still refuses to believe that I am clan leader. It?s a never ending story here. The old refuse to make way for the new. Now, for what purpose have you come to our glorious planet??

//Glorious ball of sludge and muck,// Obi-Wan thought. Qui-Gon glared, he shrugged in answer.

?Thank you for being such a gracious host. We have come here merely for a visit, to make sure everything is going well out here in your territory.? Qui-Gon gestured toward his padawan. ?This is my apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi.? Obi-Wan nodded his head. ?And I am Qui-Gon Jinn.?

?Very nice to see Jedi out here. It seems that we have no trouble here and are rarely in need of you.? Jiliac slithered across the floor. ?If you?ll go with D?aini,? he motioned to a Twi?lek, ?She will show you to your rooms. I will talk to you at a later time.? He moved away.

Qui-Gon jerked his head in the direction of the Twi?lek, and Obi-Wan followed his Master. She quickly led them to their room, a suite of sorts, and left just as fast. Obi-Wan took a look around the room, scanning for the listening devices. The room had a small kitchenette, two bedrooms, a ?fresher, and the main sitting room. He picked out twenty devices almost immediately.

//Do not worry about them padawan, we will discuss nothing of importance in here until we have dealt with them, later.// Obi-Wan nodded at his Master and came to sit down.

?Rather hot here, isn?t it?? Obi-Wan asked, talking about the planet would hopefully not get them in trouble, and, it was a good way to see if they were actually monitoring them.

Qui-Gon shifted in his chair, ?Yes, it is a little hot.? The air cooler could be heard, blowing air into their room. Qui-Gon looked over at Obi-Wan, eyes twinkling. They would continually test their eavesdroppers, and find a way to make their room invisible to spies.

Obi-Wan dragged the rest of the luggage off the ship, along with supplies. The Jedi did not pack much, one duffel each, but the food was weighing him down. He finall

7. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    LOL Very awesome. I can tell you that it is no worse than the other one. Does that help. I can't tell you if it is better until you have written more.

8. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Glad you peeps are likin' this! I like it too! More tomorrow!!! I really appreciate your replies.

9. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    LOL I relate to Obi-Wan in that last post. Carting stuff around. LOL
    Great story Ejedir!

10. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    To The Top!!!!!

11. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Hehe, I'm glad that I have new readers. . .even if I DID mess up the title. And now I love it even more that I have my loyal ones from the old thread. . .here's more.

Denaj glared at the pitiful being standing before him. ?How could you fail? It was a simple task. Blow them into space particles when they emerged from hyperspace, before they raised their shields.?

Jetter glared back, ?The Jedi are resourceful, he had his shields up the moment they entered real-space, I sent all my torpedoes at them, but they had a really good pilot in there.?

The Hutt roared. ?You have failed me.?

Jetter looked at his employer in annoyance. ?I?ll get the job done, it will just be a little harder.?

?See that you do.? Denaj pointed a blaster at the man, ?Or you will not live to see another sunrise.? Jetter nodded and walked away.

?I have it Master.? Obi-Wan finished installing the program into the last device. They had left five, the rest they had destroyed. These five had been fitted with special programming, it had records of them talking. Not very much. A lot of the time, they said that it was time to meditate, and then the device would send no more data. It was pretty ingenious, Obi-Wan had thought it up and implemented it himself.

?Very good,? Qui-Gon looked at how the young man beamed, ?Do not become proud Obi-Wan, you have done good work, but it is no excuse to be proud.?

Obi-Wan took a deep breath, ?Yes Master. I am sorry. I?ll try. . .?

Qui-Gon cut him off, ?You?ll do.?

Obi-Wan gave a nod, ?Yes, I?ll do better.?

?Come now, we have a lot to discuss.? Qui-Gon gestured to self-conforming chairs, ?We need to focus on our mission now.?

?So, what exactly are we going to do? How can we investigate without arousing suspicion??

?Well, we must first look at profit margins of all the clans. If one has in fact started a slave trade, their profits must have gone up.?

?I would assume so,? Obi-Wan wrinkled his brow, ?but wouldn?t the other clans have noticed? I mean they seem so intent on staying ahead of each other, that unless the credits were hidden, the other clans would pounce upon the one earning large revenues.?

?That had crossed my mind, but I think we need to look at everything available. We will start with Desilijic, I suppose, since we are staying here. Then to Besadii, they?re supposed to be the next high clan. After that we?ll make trips to the smaller ones.?

?Sounds like a good plan, every investigation has to start somewhere.?

?Indeed.?

Jiliac looked suspiciously at his guests. ?You want to study our profit margins? Why??

Qui-Gon smiled, ?We would like to understand you all better.?

?How do I know that you will not tell the other clans, or anyone else, before it is time to send in our reports.?

?I give you my word that I will not.?

?Your word as a Jedi??

?My word as a Jedi.? Qui-Gon glanced behind him at his Padawan. He knew he and Obi-Wan would be having a long talk tonight.

?Very well,? Jiliac sighed, ?D?aini, please bring me a report of income up to this point.? D?aini rushed in with a data-pad. The Hutt looked over at them, ?Here, you may study it at your leisure. Just return it to me before you leave.?

?Thank you for you generosity.? Qui-Gon gave him a quick nod, and headed out.

?We?ll do the rest tomorrow I suppose.? Qui-Gon finished preparing their meal.

?Yes,? Obi-Wan looked at the older man. ?You said that you would not show anyone else the income of the clan.?

?That is correct, and I plan not to.?

?What if it turns out that Desilijic is, in fact, running the slave trade??

Qui-Gon served them both. ?I do not believe that this is so. I have studied them while here, and if you hadn?t noticed, the only non-Hutt I have seen is the Twi?lek D?aini.?

?Yes, but isn?t that where the largest complaint is coming from. Ryloth??

?Yes Padawan, but if they had actually been running the slave trade, I would believe that they would have more.? Qui-Gon took

12. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    UP! Before I go to sleep! Couldn't sleep, knowing my story was getting buried. BTW! Go read my other story "The Foolish and the Weak: A Corran Horn Story" It's really good:D:D:D

13. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    Sounds good to me.:)

14. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Love the posts Ejedir2 Keep 'em comin!!!!!!

15. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
  16. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    Thank you SO much for your LONG replies. . .at least you reply:D MORE TOMORROW!

17. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    To The Top!!!!!

18. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    To The Top!!!!!

19. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    GUESS WHAT???!!! I LOVE REPLIES!! *contented sigh* Here's more!!

?How many more?? Obi-Wan groaned. ?This is ridiculous!?

?Only a few Obi-Wan. Be patient.?

?I can?t be patient. I hate the smell of Hutt. It makes me sick.?

?That?s very un-Jedi like Obi-Wan Kenobi. I thought I had taught you better than that.?

Obi-Wan sighed. ?You have Master. It?s just that. . .I don?t know. I have a feeling. Like something ominous . . . foreboding. . .is coming in the future.?

Qui-Gon looked into his padawan?s eyes. ?How many times have I told you? Focus on the mission here at hand. Not something ominous and foreboding sometime in the future. The future will do what the future has planned.?

?Yes Master.? Obi-Wan dropped his head in recognition of his Master?s great knowledge. Qui-Gon Jinn was greatly in tune with the living force. . .Obi-Wan was not, yet. He planned to be. He was learning, but he was no where close to where his Master was.

?Come. We only have one left today.?

?Which is??

Qui-Gon looked at his data-pad. ?Denaj. Leader of the Sacaljia clan. It?s supposed to be the smallest and have the least amount of money. We shall see.?

?You think they are the ones??

?I will not make presumptions. We will wait for the report.?

Obi-Wan nodded. ?Off to see Denaj it is.? He jammed the speeder throttle up to full, and they cruised across the swamp of a planet.

?This it?? Obi-Wan looked at the tiny palace. Well, tiny compared to all the other?s they?d seen. Hutt?s felt that they needed to show off their wealth. This palace was big. . .but no where near big as any of the others. ?Kind of small??

Qui-Gon shrugged. ?It does say that this is the poorest clan. Come along.? Obi-Wan locked the speeder down and followed his Master in to the building. The tingling at the back of their necks gave Master and Apprentice all the alarm they needed. Both had lightsabers drawn before the first shot went off.

Twin shots came at Obi-Wan from behind, he spun around and deflected them back toward the sender. He head a scream. //One down. . .// Obi-Wan did a full three-sixty and deflected shots all around. //Who knows how many more to go.// He made certain he kept his bond strong with his Master, making sure he knew where he was at all times. They were a team. Perfectly synchronized. Each knew where and when the other was going to strike. It was like dancing with lightsabers. Obi-Wan took his bright blue blade and sliced through one attacker, Qui-Gon did likewise.

?Hold your fire.? Qui-Gon shouted. The men had apparently all stopped to replace power packs. No more shots came. //Or maybe they stopped for something else. . .//

?Lord Denaj, the attack has failed and the men have surrendered.?

Denaj roared. ?Send some of our squad. Have them act like they were coming to defend the Jedi, then apologize sincerely.?

?Yes Lord Denaj.? The male Twi?lek bowed low to the ground and went to carry out his orders.

Denaj was fuming. Jetter had promised that this ambush would work, yet the Jedi still walk, the Jedi still talk, the Jedi made all of his pitiful men surrender. Maybe he should meet these Jedi. Denaj smiled thoughtfully to himself. //It may be good to have Jedi for allies. I must put on a good show then.//

About fifty humans came racing down the corridor. ?Surrender, by order of Lord Denaj.?

?Lord Denaj,? Someone made a rude noise. ?He ORDERED me to kill these scum Jedi.? A red-haired man answered. ?Lord Denaj actually ordered me to blow ?em out of space, but that didn?t work.? He smiled. ?Come on Jeds, slice me dead. I wanted to kill you.?

Qui-Gon said nothing. He neither deactivated or raised his lightsaber. Obi-Wan stood firm next to his Master?s side. ?Revenge is not of the Jedi. . .Jetter.?

?Qui-Gon Jinn!? The man called out in alarm. The guards dragged them all away. Obi-Wan had a lot of questions to ask later tonight.

The lead officer turned to them. ?Sorry for the disturbance. Lord Denaj will see you in his audie

20. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    EVIL HUTT!!!!!! Good slave. Get the wrong report!!:):):)

21. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    ummmm. when you say that Ki'lat grabbed the 'wrong report' do you mean the fake one Denaj wanted, or the one the Jedi wanted?

22. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    My only question is when is Qui-Gon ever gonna listen to Obi-Wan when he has a bad feeling about something. The kid is always right and always when Qui doesn't listen Obi torture is usually the result...... Maybe Qui-Gon enjoys OT as much as the rest of us!!!!!!!!

Great post... more please!!!!!!!!

23. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    I'll post more tomorrow!!! Anyway. . .I guess I should have made it more clear. It was the report that the Jedi wanted. . the real one, not the one that was faked. Why Qui-Gon never listens to Obi. . .I'll never know. . .not that I could have made it any other way. . I'M NOT THE AUTHOR OR ANYTHING!:D:D:D

24. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    To The Top!!!!!!
    So all can find.

25. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    This one is short! Sorry to DISSAPPOINT you all :D

Obi-Wan sifted through all of the reports. They hadn?t looked at any, save for Desilijic?s. Obi-Wan pulled out of his pile the one from the Sacaljia clan. The one, whose palace they had been ambushed at. He looked with disbelief at the record. The clans income had been almost nothing, until seven months ago. Approximately the time that the slave reports began. Not only had it climbed. It had sky rocketed. ?Master!? Obi-Wan shouted. He was filled with excitement.

Qui-Gon walked out of his room. ?Calm yourself Padawan.?

?I?m sorry, but I have our clan.?

?Let me see.? Qui-Gon walked over to where Obi-Wan was sitting. ?It does look like this is the clan that is involved in the slave trade. That would also explain the assasination attempt.?

Obi-Wan looked excitedly at his Master. ?Now what??

?Patience Obi-Wan.? Qui-Gon studied the data-pad more in depth. ?Now we take our information back to the Council as ordered.?

?But. . .We could stop. . .?

?No Obi-Wan. We have accomplished out mission.?

?But. .?

?No!? Qui-Gon raised his tone of voice slightly. Obi-Wan became silent.

?I am sorry for questioning you Master.?

?And I am sorry for raising my voice. We were given a specific mission. Look for evidence. That is all. We shall leave tomorrow.?

?Yes. I understand.?

?Good.? Qui-Gon glanced at his chrono. ?Get some sleep. We?ll leave early.?

Obi-Wan nodded. ?I will in a moment.?

?Very well. Make sure that we return that data-pad to Jiliac in the morning.?

?I?ll take it to him now.?

?All right. Hurry back.?

Obi-Wan grabbed his lightsaber and the data-pad. ?I will.? He walked out of the room. It was still pretty early, early enough that Jiliac should still be awake. D?aini was sitting in the front desk. ?I need to return this to Jiliac.?

She nodded and opened the door. Obi-Wan took a deep breath before stepping inside. He bowed shallowly to the Hutt. ?Your profit margins report.? He handed the data-pad to Jiliac. ?It was very interesting.?

Obi-Wan couldn?t understand Huttese like his Master, he understood this. ?Good. Now leave. I must rest.? Obi-Wan dipped his head and walked out of the room.

The corridors of the palace were quite dark and musty. Something?s wrong. . Obi-Wan felt this tingling in the back of his mind. Very wrong. He ran back to their quarters and barged into Qui-Gon?s room, sending a mental warning ahead of time, so he wouldn?t get sliced in two when he ran in.

?What is it?? Qui-Gon asked. He was sitting up just as Obi-Wan ran in.

?I don?t know. We need to leave. Now.? Obi-Wan said.

Qui-Gon paused for a moment. He nodded. ?You?re right. Gather the things. Everything is already packed.?

Obi-Wan nodded. He grabbed his duffel, and one bag of food. Qui-Gon emerged from his room with his own duffel and grabbed the rest of the food. ?Let?s go.? Qui-Gon approached he door, but stopped instantly.

Obi-Wan spread out his senses. ?There are people outside the door.? He could feel the vicious intent pouring off of them. ?Not friendly either.?

?I know Padawan. I?m going to open the door. You go to the right bay, I?ll go to the left. You take our shuttle, and I?ll find one to take.? Qui-Gon paused. ?We will send Desilijic reimbursement.?

Obi-Wan nodded. ?I understand.?

?Drop your duffel, and the food. There?s some stored in the ship, and I?ll carry one pack.? Qui-Gon stepped toward the door release. ?Ignite your saber, but do not take the offensive. We will meet in orbit around Kashyyyk.?

Obi-Wan nodded. This is not what he had expected. Qui-Gon sent one last message over their bond. Take the direct route. I?ll be a day later than you. Obi-Wan nodded again. Qui-Gon pushed the button, and Obi-Wan shot to the right, feeling his way along the unlit corridor. Hoping against hope that both he and his Master survived this.
    rEpLy!!!! PUWEESE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.