main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Pre-ROTS theories:were you right or wrong?

Discussion in 'Archive: Ann Arbor, MI' started by Idgie, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I had a few:

-I guessed that Vader would know of the pregnancy,but not that Padme was carrying twins.

-I believed for a time that Padme might actually deliver infant Luke to Tatooine(as opposed to Obi-Wan).I'm glad that George went the other way with it,that was such a great way to end the film.

-I really didn't think that we'd see that much of the Purge on-screen,but I like GL's version much better than mine."Order 66" was one of the most unsettling aspects of the movie;the fact that the Jedi never even saw it coming. :eek:

-I always figured that Vader would not get much screen-time.No surprise there.

-Well,looks like we were all wrong about which planet the twins were born on.I think the most popular choices were Tatooine,Dagobah,and Alderaan but in a typical Lucas casting decision,he went with an unknown.According to the Visual Dictionary Polis Massa is supposed to be some sort of archaeological site.Sweet! :)

Any others?

2. YodasBrownEyedGirl

YodasBrownEyedGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    I always thought when Leia says her mother died when she was very young she was referring to Padme, as if Padme had been around at least for a few years of her early life. IF she was referring to when Padme died, wow, that's some strong Force running thru that family. I do wonder if she was talking about her adoptive mother. She appears to be a frail women too. I should have seen it coming that Padme would die in child birth. I haven't read any of the novelizations so if it was in there I wouldn't have known.

No matter how many times I've seen it, and know that it's coming, the Jedi Purge is so sad. I can even pinpoint it when I listen to the soundtrack and I feel sad.

Did anyone think that Anakin being burnt in RotS was some type of symbolism for that part of his soul/ life presence as a Jedi being lost. Kind of like when Qui-Gon's body is burned for his funeral. Then later when Luke burns Vader, who has essentially become Anakin again b/c he was redeemed, is kind of like the proper way for a Jedi to die. I know I haven't quite explained this the way I wanted to. But you are all smart. You know what I'm saying, RIGHT!

Some of my comments are more along the lines of just things I liked but you know, it sparks conversation.

3. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    'Did anyone think that Anakin being burnt in RotS was some type of symbolism for that part of his soul/ life presence as a Jedi being lost?'

That's an interesting point,given that Jedi funerary rites seem to involve cremation.Anakin is 'burned yet not consumed',similar to the wreck of Grievous's ship that he lands earlier in the film.Fire in general seems to be something associated with Anakin throughout the saga.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.