main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Your shock moments in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JDN21, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    For the unspoiled, what were the moments that took you be surprise in TFA?

For me, having Coruscant being destroyed was huge. I heard the rumours of Han dying, but still had a bit of a shock in the way it was executed.

When Rey opened up her can of whoop ass on Kylo, I thought she actually killed him with her last strike.

2. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    It wasn't Coruscant. It was Hosnian Prime.

I didn't expect the Falcon to show up the way it did.

ShaneP likes this.
  3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

That was a good one. Mine was the big one: Han's death. I read months ago Han might die, but then I thought it had to be Chewie for some reason.

Now I'm glad it was Han and not Chewie because of the story and what it means to the Saga.

4. KBGreedo

KBGreedo Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015
    I really liked how they handled Snoke. I won't lie - I really thought he was some giant monster until they revealed he was a hologram. Certainly raised my eyebrows.

CakeThiefPro and Deliveranze like this.
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Snoke, SK BASE, Hans Death..

6. Stoneymonster

May 8, 2002
    I was actually surprised they blew up the Senate planet, regardless of where it was.

7. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I knew it was a hologram but I was impressed by his scenes. He gave me chills and the creepy score made it more disturbing to me. Hell, all the scenes with the FO were great.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  8. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    I genuinely expected Chewie to go down in a blaze of glory by attacking Kylo after he off'd Han.

jc1138 likes this.
  9. General_Cartman_Lee

General_Cartman_Lee Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    The Falcon entrance was completely unexpected, as was Han's death. The vision also took me off guard.

10. Stoneymonster

May 8, 2002

Well he certainly tried...

thejeditraitor likes this.
  11. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    Han's death of course. It killed me, even on second viewing.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The introduction of Han. I know people here hate the Falcon Sucker Beast, but it was Han being Han. He did it so damn well.

And Rey counter-Force Mind reading Kylo.

13. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I almost feel like I was spoiled by seeing the name "The First Order," the picture of Han and Chewie on the Falcon along with the quote "Chewie, we're home", and seeing a blabbermouth in the non-spoiler forum describe this movie as Star Wars: The Search for Luke. I'm someone who avoided the poster, blocked avatars on this site, and asked ahead to see if the trailer was attached to movies I wanted to see.
    Otherwise...
    Just the opening with the silent Lucasfilm logo was a nice little surprise and something I wondered about all this time. When the digital versions were released to Amazon, I thought I read somewhere that Lucasfilm had a new short theme specifically written for it.
    -"General Leia Organa."
    -Seeing Snoke.
    -Vader's mask, and being called "grandfather." Kylo Ren being the son of Han and Leia.
    -Starkiller and planets being blown up.
    -The obvious.

14. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    I knew Han died going in, and even that Ren killed him, but I still felt it in my gut when it happened.

The biggest surprise to me was when Rey force grabbed the lightsaber. Looking back it should have been obvious, but I was completely fooled by all the marketing material showing Finn as the one with the lightsaber. When she ignited it and the force theme started playing is when it clicked that she was to be a Jedi, and it was the most emotional moment of the film for me, oddly enough.

RobShanti likes this.
  15. YoungBossk

YoungBossk Jedi Master star 1

Aug 30, 2014
    One small thing that surprised me was that Chewie actually shot and hit Kylo after Han's death, can't help but feel Lucas would have had Kylo effortlessly deflect the shot!

16. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Kylo stopping the blaster bolt
    Falcon reveal
    Vader helmet reveal
    Solo death

17. Chewie's flea powder

Chewie's flea powder Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    1. The introduciton that said the First Order was pursuing Luke Skywalker. I was not spoiled with that and it was quite a surprise. Why so concerned with one man? Jedi or not.
    2. Luke looking so haggard. He must have gone through a terrible reckoning with the force or maybe abandoned it altogether.

I was not surprised by Han's death at all. The moment he walked out on that platform I knew he was toast. I figured he might go in the next episode but it was fine. I'm guessing Luke dies in the next episode, but who knows.

18. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Not so much a shock 'Moment'...but Kylo 'Ben' Ren suprised the hell out of me. I had expected a generic Lord Evil McBadguy, akin to most Marvel villains, what we got was a character unlike any we have seen before in the saga, Driver's performance was sublime.

19. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    The Rey topless scene was very edgy for Star Wars.

20. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    "Fine, we'll take the garbage!"

That was probably the moment of highest applause in the theater.

RobShanti and solo77 like this.
  21. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    * Kylo Ren being Han & Leia's son
    * The Vader helmet
    * R2-D2 being shut down
    * Rey being a Jedi in waiting for the most part

22. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Han's death and Luke in the end.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Seeing Snoke in film was the biggest surprise for me, because i expected Han to die.

24. Carrie Walsh

Carrie Walsh Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 13, 2014
    The Force flashback scene caught me off guard in a good way, and Rey being the next Jedi in line, as opposed to Finn like the trailers implied, was a nice surprise.

25. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    The flashback was awesome and really intrigues me. Yea, Finn being a Jedi was a red herring definitely. I was surprised she was as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.