Arena Your sports memorabilia.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by JMJacenSolo, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMJacenSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    What kind of sports memorabilia do you have?

For me

Coolest piece(s): I was actually at LeBron James' very first NBA (regular season) game at Sacramento! He had an absolutely phenomenal game against one of the erstwhile best teams in the NBA. I had the foresight to save the ticket stub, game program, and commemorative pin that was handed out for the season opener that night, and I have them now framed. LeBron probably won't end his career with more titles than Jordan, and if he does it won't have been with one team, and I realize the ticket would be worth exponentially more were it unbroken, but the experience of having been there is more than worth it to me.

Second coolest: A David Robinson autographed NBA regulation basketball that I won from a Sacramento Kings charity auction.

Other than that, my room's covered with Philadelphia Eagles memorabilia; plaques, posters, pinned up jerseys, etc.

What do you guys have?
  2. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    I have a few New York Jets stuff. I have a pennant with a Jets helmet on it, and I have a thing my dad bought me from the post office that has, at the time current, New York Jet players and stamps on it. I also have a hard hat modelled after the Jets helmet. I have a couple other things I think, but it is mostly packed away until I move into my new room whenever that is.
  3. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    1981 Brewers baseball signed by the team. I got it off a move in college. The people I was moving were throwing away a empire strikes back lunch bucket and I asked If I could have it. Inside was the baseball. Double score.

4. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    A few autographed pictures of minor league hockey players and a signed basketball by the Blazer's 1990 Western Conference Championship team. :cool:
  5. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I have both Bill Mazerowski's and Franco Harris' autographs. Most of my sports memorabilia are knickknacks or bobbleheads. I've got three Terrible Towels, too.

My favorite knickknack might be a "Maz Day" sign with a picture from the 1960 World Series. My dad got it from a game that he went to in 1969 and gave it to me.
  6. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    I also have a bunch of cards from various sports including a Johhny Unitas, Mark Messier, Mario Lemieux, Michael Jordon(and the entire '92-'93 roster for that matter), a Mike Piazza, a Steve Nash, Allen Iverson, Jonathan Vilma rookie card, Derrick Ward rookie card, and some other gems I can't seem to remember.
  7. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Most of my sports memorabilia is San Jose Sharks nick-nack type stuff. I do have small collection signed pucks that I've accumulated over the years. I have Evgeni Nabakov, Rob Blake, Jed Ortmeyer, Jamie McGinn, Patrick Marleau, Antero Niittymaki, and Dan Boyle.
  8. xblackout Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 4
    Most of my sports memorabilia is assorted signed Indians stuff. Autographed baseballs from Herb Score, Bob Feller, Omar Vizquel, Charlie Nagy & I don't really remember who else. I also have a little notebook that I used after games for autographs but I don't remember all of who signed it [I do remember Jody Gerut, Ben Broussard, Jake Westbrook, Nagy again].

Um, other than that I have a couple towels from Cavs games -- the first playoff game against Boston last year & the Heat game this year.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.